Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio Nova 100FM On Air Now

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Interesting how the web site tells you not only what song but what ad is now playing..

"Now On Air - Quinn Insurance - Quinn Direct"

Rock n' Roll!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Fergus

As Joe Duffy would say, In fairness... Greg on now and putting out an interesting mix. Back to back live led zep - def not 4FM.

Oh wait.. I spoke too soon. It's Band on the Run . DOH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

SABBATH! \m/:D\m/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Bard wrote: »
    Interesting how the web site tells you not only what song but what ad is now playing..

"Now On Air - Quinn Insurance - Quinn Direct"

Rock n' Roll!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now on Air: M&Ms - Peanut M&Ms (brown ones removed) ;)

Radiohead Creep non-edited version. Nice.

• Advertisement

That's it, can't take any more.....Coldpay :rolleyes: ....wanted to stick with it but I've gone back to Newstalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

SABBATH! \m/:D\m/

What Sabbath song did they play? I'll take a guess at Paranoid?

They're so bloody safe with the music, it's annoying. Although, maybe safe isn't quite the word, as any time i hear Coldplay, i feel like killing someone.

Why on earth are Coldplay on the playlist? The music stinks to be honest, as Mike pointed out, it's like they have a few classic rock compilations in there. I wont be able to stick it out much longer, if they are playing the same tracks all the time.

Queen were a fantastic band. They did have more tracks than "Under Pressure" and "Killer Queen" though. Really lads COME ON !!!! please :)

What Sabbath song did they play? I'll take a guess at Paranoid?

And you're right. Predictably it was Paranoid.
    They're so bloody safe with the music, it's annoying. Although, maybe safe isn't quite the word, as any time i hear Coldplay, i feel like killing someone.

Why on earth are Coldplay on the playlist? The music stinks to be honest, as Mike pointed out, it's like they have a few classic rock compilations in there. I wont be able to stick it out much longer, if they are playing the same tracks all the time.

Queen were a fantastic band. They did have more tracks than "Under Pressure" and "Killer Queen" though. Really lads COME ON !!!! please :)

Yeh, I tried but I got sick of hearing 'the hit' that each band had being played as well as quite a bit of stuff from yesterday getting spun again.

I'm with you on Coldplay, I absolutely DETEST them, I cannot understand why they are on the list. It was the straw that broke the camels back for me. I really tried too.

Neither can I understand the bizarre over abundance of Billy Idol :confused: I always viewed him as being a joke act like Shakin' Stephens or Sigue Sigue Sputnik, but...whatever.

The test transmission was so much better with the track list...ah I'm sounding like a broken record now. But seriously....Coldplay ??? Lift muzack would be preferable!

Holy Fúck. Coldplay again! the first song they play since 6. . . incredible.

I'm listening to the Last Word. Couldn't take any more!

Such a shame.

• Advertisement

Maybe we are getting frustrated easily, because of the nature of this station and all the excitment. I hate giving out about radio. But some of the music is dire.

Just one other thing lads, if you're reading. No need to keep telling us what your name is (two or three times a link)

EDIT : AAAAAH is this a nightmare?! Now they are talking about Coldplay, and the dude from Duckworth Lewis Method is singing their songs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Unlike some here i dont have a problem with Coldplay (it could be Robbie Williams after all...:eek:)..i'll listen to all of the stuff they play but my patience is wearing a bit on the playlist choice ....
    Anyone count the number of tracks /hour yet....

I'm giving it till the w/end....if things dont improve i'm back to Caroline..(the station...:p)

That Tommy Walsh........should i know who he is...:rolleyes:

I was expecting an hour of DIY advice..........:p

Sids Not wrote: »
    That Tommy Walsh........should i know who he is...:rolleyes:

He's one of these guys http://www.dlmethod.com/

Not sure about previous radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

He's one of these guys http://www.dlmethod.com/

Not sure about previous radio.

Was he with Ocean FM or am i confusssed...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Some of the music has been ****e but a lot of it has been excellent in fairness. When I think 'Classic Rock', a high percentage is going to be '80's and while a lot of 80's music was great a lot of it is cringe. You would think Nova would be able to pick out the good ones and leave the fromage where it belongs. As for PC this morning - I went back to Richie & Charlotte on Phantom, and I can't tell you how much Charlotte does my head in! :mad:

Nova, I hope you're reading. A lot of us here were really looking forward to this station, would think of it as being 'our' station as such. I know you're only finding your feet but people only have so much patience. We really want to love Nova but are finding it not up to expectations so far. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

MCMLXXV wrote: »

Nova, I hope you're reading. A lot of us here were really looking forward to this station, would think of it as being 'our' station as such. I know you're only finding your feet but people only have so much patience. We really want to love Nova but are finding it not up to expectations so far. :confused:

couldn't agree more. Bryan Adams on the way home again!

See when I think Classic Rock, I think 70's not 80's!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

There was an awful lot of ****e out in the 70's too! ;)

Not sure why they decided on "Classic Rock" anyways....why not just "Rock"....all years and types....:)...Like "The Rock"...ahhh ,i'm really starting to really miss it now...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

Our company, Total Broadcast Consultants (totalbroadcast.ie) built the Nova studios, we have no other involvement than that.

For me, its the best station for a rock music lover in Dublin - but I still prefer the music on Zenith (I know, but I would say that!).

Nova is always going to be more mainstream than Zenith, simply because it needs to grab a decent size audience to bring in the advertising and be able to pay the not inconsiderable costs of running an FM station in Ireland under the present system.

If Zenith was given an FM licence with a different business model than Nova - BAI regulations permitting - we'd not need to bill as much money as Nova does and therefore we'd not need to be as mainstream.

So the result would be a station that serves a rock music loving audience with rarer songs, more obscure artists and album tracks than Nova will be able to play. Rock music lovers would like it more, but there would be a smaller audience.

But we'd be OK with that!

If licenced on FM, Zenith would sound very similar to how it sounds now - just with the addition of SOME presented shows.

Andy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Listened for a bit yesterday... was up early and then caught some of the drive.

Thought the music was a bit "Meh"

Dont get the big deal about Pat Courtnay

I also heard "Marty Miller"

I know it was "Marty Miller" because "Marty Miller" was the first thing that came out of "Marty Miller"'s mouth every time "Marty Miller" ended a song and "Marty Miller" threw up a fader

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

giftgrub wrote: »

I know it was "Marty Miller" because "Marty Miller" was the first thing that came out of "Marty Miller"'s mouth every time "Marty Miller" ended a song and "Marty Miller" threw up a fader

hehe he's a terrible dj. I don't hate many people but I can safely say I hate that man!

Wait a sec....... it's 7 in the fooooking morning......... WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING UP THIS EARLY!!!!!!!!????? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Fago! wrote: »
    hehe he's a terrible dj. I don't hate many people but I can safely say I hate that man!

Wait a sec....... it's 7 in the fooooking morning......... WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING UP THIS EARLY!!!!!!!!????? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Yawn...too nice to stay in bed...besides theres a furgin cement lorry next door doing a drop...

I'll be turning on Nova shortly with an air of expectant dissapointment.....:o
    I'm kinda feeling that i've been listening to "just another" radio station all week....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Sids Not wrote: »
    Yawn...too nice to stay in bed...besides theres a furgin cement lorry next door doing a drop...

I'll be turning on Nova shortly with an air of expectant dissapointment.....:o
    I'm kinda feeling that i've been listening to "just another" radio station all week....:(

there was a show on before 7pm. sounded very community radio like. not sure me want.

/switches to newstalk radio 1 2fm today fm......... ipod! :(

giftgrub wrote: »

Bit of an ego alright. Check out his bio from the nova site.

Ah.. 'Money for Nothing' on now. It was only a matter of time.

Fergus wrote: »
    Bit of an ego alright. Check out his bio from the nova site.

Yeah I was reading that yesterday and thought it was a bit OTT alright. This bit is before he starts talking about how many awards he has won for bringing rock music to the masses.
    I’m friends with Scott Gorham of Thin Lizzy, Robbie Kreiger of the doors, Ian Gillan of Deep Purple, Nils Lofgren of Bruce Springsteen’s E Street band – enough names dropped yet? OK – so its a small exaggeration to say “friends with” but I have hung out and chatted with the aforementioned!!

But better news on the breakfast show this morning. I was enlightened to a new form of comedy that I had never come across before*. The "facts of life" segment, contained a joke about a guy called "Little Johnny". If that wasn't useless enough, Pat also played an audio clip of people laughing at the joke. Quite strange.

*may be a slight hint of sarcasm.

FFS...Billy Idol...a-fukcing-gain...does anyone here actually like him....couldnt even stand him in GenX..........:mad:

And now The Who....havent heard Baba O'Riley since the test transmission....:mad:

I'm switching over till GG comes on...

Yeah the amount of Billy Idol is a bit strange. I'd class him more as pop rock. If you're gonna do Idol, might as well throw in Billie Jean/Beat It or Addicted To Love. And before you know it, it's Rick Astley.

Fergus wrote: »
    Yeah the amount of Billy Idol is a bit strange. I'd class him more as pop rock. If you're gonna do Idol, might as well throw in Billie Jean/Beat It or Addicted To Love. And before you know it, it's Rick Astley.

Its a bit like 80's MTV on the radio.........:(

• Advertisement

Ha yeah..

I was thinking Nova might as well just go with the original playlist from 25 years ago, but filter it a bit towards rock. It's basically a golden oldies station anyway.

Why do they keep playing only 2 or 3 tracks by the big acts.. I mean the Who Don't Get Fooled AGAIN, and Substitute yesterday. What about the rest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement