Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio Nova 100FM On Air Now

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

jvan wrote: »
    Played some Iron Maiden earlier now that i think about it

Yeah, i've been air-guitaring my steering wheel to the Maiden all right..hope thats not the limit of their metal though....:o

Heard that Dusty track too...no idea who it is ....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Nova appeared on the South-East DAB trial sometime over the weekend! High quality too - 160k so everyone get your DAB radios set up! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

just tuned in.

Freebird.

sweet :)

been listening all day, and so far, I like what I'm hearing. I'd have a recognition rate of about 90% which is exactly what I want. And the lack of ads/news/inane djs is top-notch :pac:

seriously tho, playlist suits me so far, here's hoping it stays like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

thumbs up for this station so far, there playin some great songs, heard rush earlier on today along with rolling stones and the police, thats great for daytime radio! normally in the morn its all acoustic type mundy today fm/ 104 type morning tunes doin the rounds

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

Someone made a comment on the Nova Facebook page that if they just continued with the music and no DJs it would probably do very well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Er, just been listening to this for the last 40 minutes or so.

TWO U2 songs ffs.

If it's going to be a U2 love in, they can fúck off.

Des wrote: »
    Er, just been listening to this for the last 40 minutes or so.

TWO U2 songs ffs.

If it's going to be a U2 love in, they can fúck off.

random playlist at the mo I'd say. You can't have classic rock without u2 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Oh you can, you really can. Indeed I would say U2 shold be nowhere near a Classic Rock play list. :)

tbh wrote: »
    random playlist at the mo I'd say. You can't have classic rock without u2 :)
    Random me bollix, ANOTHER U2 song straight after.

And now Bon feckin Jovi. I wouldn't mind if it was Livin on a Prayer, but it's bloody "I will love you babay, aaaalllllwayyyyys".

Goodbye Nova, I'm sticking to my mp3 player and podcasts.
    mike65 wrote: »
    Oh you can, you really can. Indeed I would say U2 shold be nowhere near a Classic Rock play list. :)

FACHT!

• Advertisement

if they programmed the list not to play two bands in a row, it wouldn't be random would it? //pushes glasses back up nose

And now Bon feckin Jovi. I wouldn't mind if it was Livin on a Prayer, but it's bloody "I will love you babay, aaaalllllwayyyyys".

Goodbye Nova, I'm sticking to my mp3 player and podcasts.

yeah - there are some dodgy ones in there in fairness. But this morning, I heard Iron Maiden, AC/DC (not thunderstruck for once!), Pearl Jam, Rush and Zepplin comma Led. Can't complain!

Where is the liistening link for this station, their website doesn't have one.

...and now it's more U2. MORE!!!:rolleyes:

Now, that's 4 U2 songs in an hour.

I estimate that you can get between ~15 songs played in an hour (none of the songs I've heard so far have been Floyd or Zep length ego trips).

That means that 4 of 15 songs on a random playlist have been U2, that's roughly 25% of the songs on the list. :eek:

In the corner of my sitting room Mike. I'm on lates this week ;)

What? You mean I have to move to Duberlin to listen to Classic Klassic Rock?! ;)

Bloody outrage. Still there is always Waterfords very own Zenith

Nova is billed as being for "Dublin and the Commuter Belt".

An estate agent once told me Dungarvan was within commuting distance to Dublin, you should be ok.

That must have been the other Dungarvan (In Kilkenny)! Though with the by-pass and motorway 2.5 hours is doable to the Mad Cow

weird, I have it in itunes, but I don't know how I got it and I can't find it anywhere :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Btr

tbh wrote: »
    weird, I have it in itunes, but I don't know how I got it and I can't find it anywhere :confused:

Tbh, I've searched and it ain't there . I heard they will have an app next week, are yo sure you had the right Nova - there's about 7 in Australia alone (honestly Sybil!!!)

Btr wrote: »
    Tbh, I've searched and it ain't there . I heard they will have an app next week, are yo sure you had the right Nova - there's about 7 in Australia alone (honestly Sybil!!!)

yeah, it's deffo the right one.

Radio Nova, Dublin - 128k MP3
    http://radionova128.media.vistatec.ie:80/

honestly, no idea where I found the link, but it's there now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Eh? The link IS on their web site... their web site now being http://www.nova.ie/ (not nova100.ie)

Thats why I did'nt find it, google came up with the old addy first.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭prunudo

Has anyone else noticed that they seem to be playing more and more pop rock (if you know what i mean) and current stuff the last few days.
    They were playing Orson (sp) this afternoon around 4.30. Not what i want to be hearing on a so called classic rock station.The rest of the stuff seems to be good mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Has anyone else noticed that they seem to be playing more and more pop rock (if you know what i mean) and current stuff the last few days.
    They were playing Orson (sp) this afternoon around 4.30. Not what i want to be hearing on a so called classic rock station.The rest of the stuff seems to be good mind you.

Judging by the test tranmissions that I have heard, Nova are trying to tick as many boxes as possible and certainly thay have been pretty flexible in their definition of "Classic Rock" .

I have to say that there is such a mix of tunes that there is something there for most general rock fans. Here are just some of the different mix of acts that I have heard: ACDC, Guns 'n' Roses, The Cult, Stiff Little Fingers, Prince, The Who, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Oasis, Elton John ("Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting" and "Pinball Wizard"), The Police, The Boomtown Rats, U2, Janis Joplin, Led Zeppelin, The Clash, Depeche Mode, Thin Lizzy, Dire Straits, Gary Moore, John Cougar Meloncamp, Fleetwood Mac, Genesis, Franz Ferdinand, The Eagles, Don Henley, Bryan Adams, Jimi Hendrix, Steely Dan, Donald Fagan, Slade, Def Leppard, Bruce Springsteen, Roxy Music, Yes and The Devlins. Look at the diversity in these acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭LadyW

I saw an ad for Nova on the side of a bus this morning. It read..

"Radio Nova 100fm.... Seriously addictive music"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

It's only a test loop of music though, not an indication in any way of the actual playlist once they launch. Sure I heard some god-awful techno remix of The Doors - Riders on the Storm a couple of days ago, somehow I don't think that will be played after they officially launch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭prunudo

Kensington wrote: »
    It's only a test loop of music though, not an indication in any way of the actual playlist once they launch. Sure I heard some god-awful techno remix of The Doors - Riders on the Storm a couple of days ago, somehow I don't think that will be played after they officially launch :D

Yeah i heard that mix as well. Thought i'd accidently tuned into some pirate dance station:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Judging by the test tranmissions that I have heard, Nova are trying to tick as many boxes as possible and certainly thay have been pretty flexible in their definition of "Classic Rock" .

I have to say that there is such a mix of tunes that there is something there for most general rock fans. Here are just some of the different mix of acts that I have heard: ACDC, Guns 'n' Roses, The Cult, Stiff Little Fingers, Prince, The Who, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Oasis, Elton John ("Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting" and "Pinball Wizard"), The Police, The Boomtown Rats, U2, Janis Joplin, Led Zeppelin, The Clash, Depeche Mode, Thin Lizzy, Dire Straits, Gary Moore, John Cougar Meloncamp, Fleetwood Mac, Genesis, Franz Ferdinand, The Eagles, Don Henley, Bryan Adams, Jimi Hendrix, Steely Dan, Donald Fagan, Slade, Def Leppard, Bruce Springsteen, Roxy Music, Yes and The Devlins. Look at the diversity in these acts.

I'm liking all of the above but i hope when the shows start that they'll be playing more modern alt/rock stuff too (and i dont mean Florence and the Diamonts etc..leave that to Phantom..:rolleyes:)..I'd also like to hear some reggae and Ska too.Unfortunately at the moment we're spoilt with all that music, but from next week we'll have the DJ's interupting our listening pleasure ,so we'll be down to possibly less than 10tracks /hour.....:(

ok, having listened for a good while today, I would like to second the motion that there are too many U2 songs in the playlist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

I've been off the grid for a few days, have they launched?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement