Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio Nova 100FM On Air Now

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Fago! wrote: »
    I've been off the grid for a few days, have they launched?

1st of Sep, testing at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Dante

Gotta admit, its playing some great stuff pre-launch....although theres a bit too much u2 for my liking! I only hope the dj's don't wreck it when it's finally launched...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

tbh wrote: »
    1st of Sep, testing at the mo.

A right, thought I missed it.

I'm looking well forward to this! Not impressed by the line up, but I'll give it a chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

I'm loving this, GnR->AC/DC->Hendrix-> ZZ Top... Beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I'm told that O'Connell Bridge will be the place to be to experience Nova's launch on Wednesday at 1pm ;)

BTW... to see Nova's web site now in advance of the launch, just pop "index.php" into the URL... i.e.: http://nova.ie/index.php

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

Bard wrote: »
    BTW... to see Nova's web site now in advance of the launch, just pop "index.php" into the URL... i.e.: http://nova.ie/index.php
    So what do you think of the website? See any similarities to others??

ah... I see it's no longer visible at that address... ah well, we'll have to wait til Wednesday.

And yeah, Lenny... it's similar enough to *some* other web sites... but it's functional and has all the info you'd need on the station, plus it IS likely to change down the line, as all web sites do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Btr

APP is up and running . Quite basic

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kj72

anyone got any more info on what is happening at the launch tomorrow - heard rumours of bikers and a band playing - could it be all lies??!

Hot girls in Nova branded tshirts and short shorts, no doubt ;)

oh and yes, it's a basic app to start off with ... http://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/id388883165?mt=8 just listen/email/twitter/facebook for now.

• Advertisement

Bard wrote: »
    Hot girls in Nova branded tshirts and short shorts, no doubt ;)

Don't play with me, you seriously serious? for serious.

Fago! wrote: »
    Don't play with me, you seriously serious? for serious.

I don't know. I was chatting with someone from Nova (not dropping any names, here!) over a pint the other night and all I know is that they'll be having a big launch around O'Connell Bridge and the adjoining quays at 1pm tomorrow. He says it'll be worth seeing.

I've no further details, I'm afraid...

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

owner of a lonley heart thats a great tune

Sure hope the website is better than the wraparound on this morning's Metro Herald. Biogs are seriously childish . But even allowing for that good luck today Nova!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I wonder will they be as ground breaking as they were the first time round ? (circa early 80s).

I really hope so.

I know they picked the name as a nod to the effect that nova had back in the day, but the amount of people I've seen linking the two stations is amazing. I hope it doesn't become an albatross around their necks, given that the original Nova hasn't been on air since when - 87? it's become a sacred cow in the eyes of many. me included :) I hope nouveau nova can live up to it, and they haven't crippled themselves before they've started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

As long as they don't follow the traditional 'Irish Radio format' morning show (lots of talk), afternoon show (lots of talk), then drivetime (with lots more talk)! So I just hope & pray that they are a fresh music station without the Irish Radio format, > with less talk & more music . . . .

LordSutch wrote: »
    As long as they don't follow the traditional 'Irish Radio format' morning show (lots of talk), afternoon show (lots of talk), then drivetime (with lots more talk)! So I just hope & pray that they are a fresh music station without the Irish Radio format, > with less talk & more music . . . .

amen brother!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Oh I'm so looking forward to 1pm today. Bring it on!!

Best of luck to all at NOVA.

They have no connection with the old nova, bar their name. Will they be innovative - time will tell. Given the involvement of Dooley and Branigan , they will be slick. I keep reading refs to amount of staff on it who worked for old nova - there are actually very few.

As to format, the legislative requirement of 20% talk has not gone away !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That they have no connection but people keep making one is the issue! Twas a cynical exercise on the owners part.

I'm down at oconnel bridge now. it's just a barge with nova written on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 460 ✭✭four18

They more or less have used the same logo as original Nova, Will they go the whole hog and use the jingles ? Chris Cary will be spinning in his grave if they do !!

Steely Dans FM (No Static at All) to take us to the launch. Oh its the long version.

On the barge looks like guns n roses playing on the liffey.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭weehamster

mike65 wrote: »
    Twas a cynical exercise on the owners part.

They don't give a dam. Just look at the logo on their website
    radionova.gif

And here's the old logo
    logo.gif

Here's the first logo they came up with
    logo.jpg
    They'll just keep on milking it.

Overall I have to say that I'm annoyed at the (BCI) BAI and their decision why Dublin need another rock station. Phantom plays all styles of rock, new and old. This new station will be a very serious threat to them and I wouldn't be surprise if it lead to Phantoms closure.

And yet there's still none of the likes of a jazz station (missing Jazz FM big time) or even an electronic music station (dance, dn'b, IDM, downtempo etc). Dance easily has to be the most pirated genre, and that is usually a good indicator of what type of station is needed next. Spin used to be like why they first started, then they moved to mostly Urban (modern Rn'B, Rap/Hip-Hop) which is completely different type of genre, with a tiny sprinkle of dance here and there.

Guns n roses playing on the liffey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

AC/DC's 'You Shook me all night long' first song played!!!!

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! :D

I noticed the likeness alright, RTE Pulse is for electronic dance music, never listened I have to say. I like my electric dance-beat free.

AC/DC playing on the radio!

Now Free - Alright Now, hmm tried and trusted might be the watch phrase today...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Can't get much worse than that, so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement