Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USPGA CHAMPIONSHIP

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Iv backed these so far :

Mickelson @ 14/1
    Stricker @ 25/1
    Woods @ 16/1

I just couldnt not back Tiger at that price no matter how bad he is playing. Il probably have a couple of more bets after each round also .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

jaysus! i was waiting for that to happen last night! seems k.j. has to always get a double bogey in there at some point. his round is never complete without it!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Insane Rambling

Pretty happy with my bet on McIlroy @ 16's... bit of a dodgy start but was playing some good stuff before play was stopped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 bluetheshots

Tim Petrovic - 550 Bryce Molder - 390 Chad Campbell - 250 Alvaro Quiros - 160

NAP Retief GOOsen 40

Betfair Odds.

Petrovic & Quiros MC. Molder -5 Campbell -4 Goosen par

• Registered Users Posts: 23 SimplyBetting

The astonishing missed cut mark of +1 means all my picks (Garcia, Ishikawa, Kelly, Sabbatini ) have failed. Miserbaly. Well actually, just missed the cut by 1/2 shots with the exception of Ishikawa who shot a total of +6.

Halfway stage bets:
    D.A Points @400/1 .6 points win
    Darren Clarke @ 190/1 .6 points win
    KJ Choi @ 400/1 .4 points win
    Shaun Micheel @ 370/1 .6 points win. All betfair prices.

Logic behind these, is the course is playing easy at the moment, i'm hoping one of these guys can shoot the lights out and it might put me in a position to lay-off or take the jackpot. The reason I picked these group of players is they are well rested, are out early and they have shown an ability to shoot low this season with the exception of Clarke, possibly?

• Advertisement

choi, woods, davis, de jonge, stricker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
    they all made the cut! i thought id lose 2 or 3 for sure! thats half the battle done with!:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

So in the end I went with..

Stricker
    Leonard
    Van Pelt
    Watney
    Palmer

Not bad ^ :)

I also backed Jason Day during the middle of his 1st round. Was somewhat p'ed off due to tipping him in the 2nd post of this thread and then see him play very well!

2 Majors back to back I haven't backed Rory(since his Major debut I've backed him) likewise Villegas. Backed Fran Molinari a lot this summer too including the US Open and Open so that's all a tad annoying.

My bets after round 3:

Watney -13
    Day -9 (in run bet)

Stricker -4
    Van Pelt -4

Palmer -2 (poor 3rd round)
    Leonard -1

Like I said in the golf thread. I hope Rory wins this. But if he doesn't, and Watney does what Dustin Johnson did to me in the final round of the US Open... and then Johnson wins this! I will be raging big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Like I said in the golf thread. I hope Rory wins this. But if he doesn't, and Watney does what Dustin Johnson did to me in the final round of the US Open... and then Johnson wins this! I will be raging big time.

Ouch. Didn't realise anyone had Johnson that weekend. Almost backed him myself until a mate put me off him. Of course I was calling that mate all the names under the sun until Sunday

Collie D wrote: »
    Ouch. Didn't realise anyone had Johnson that weekend. Almost backed him myself until a mate put me off him. Of course I was calling that mate all the names under the sun until Sunday

Yeah that was main bet of the week. Had 10 euro E/W.

Being kicked in the nads springs to mind that Sunday night/Monday morning.

I had a load in the mix that final day too which made it worse from the betting perspective.

edit - my bets for the US Open:

Mickelson, Phil @ 8/1
    Win Only Betting
    US Open Win Only

Mcilroy, Rory @ 5/1
    Place Only - 5 Places
    US Open Place Only Betting

Johnson, Dustin @ 33/1 E/W
    Outright Betting
    US Open 2010 Outright Betting

Clark, Tim @ 55/1 E/W
    Outright Betting
    US Open 2010 Outright Betting

Love, Davis @ 12/1
    To Finish in the Top 10
    US Open Who will Finish in the Top 10?

Fairly sure I had an in run bet on Els after round 1 as well

• Advertisement

Give me a damn break :rolleyes:

Watney finally looks to be getting back into, and then lovely cameramen starting clicking their poxy cameras in his downswing. He then find the water on the par 3.

No one please say you have as much bad luck as me in Majors :(

Watney finally looks to be getting back into, and then lovely cameramen starting clicking their poxy cameras in his downswing. He then find the water on the par 3.

No one please say you have as much bad luck as me in Majors :(
    in majors? try every tournament! my picks this year and most of last suck big time! its not a nice feeling!!:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

I must say its set up now for a great finish , could well be a 4/5 man playoff , really enjoying this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

COME ON BUBBA BABY

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

i backed dj at the start 2.50ew at 50s

wouldnt even have mentioned it here had he won
    but im taking consolation in the fact that had he made
    that last putt...that wouldve been awful hard to take
    but you wouldnt know with the likes of paddy...they
    might have paid out anyway.

so im hoping paddy do something amazing again
    though it must be highly unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

Why did Bubba take a 5 iron to drive the green on that last playoff hole?

:(

so close.

Planning on taking a break on the ol golf betting for a while. This year has been very harsh on me.

Picking Cabrea to win the Masters last year feels a millions years ago now after messers, Johnson and Watney now + forgetting to make ROry E/W in the Open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

blindpilot wrote: »
    My eyes bleed!

Going for €10e/w on Kaymer @ 50/1. Like this fella. Finished top 10 last year (I think) and has been playing well recently.

Get in there. only just found out Kaymer won as I was working all night. What a great surprise to get when I got home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

mike65 wrote: »
    Hunter Mahan @ 40/1 ish ? Martin Kaymer?

Did I back him? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

blindpilot wrote: »
    Get in there. only just found out Kaymer won as I was working all night. What a great surprise to get when I got home.

Well done, had him as well but only had €10 in my account so backed F.Molinari and Clarke too. €1.50e/w at 55-1.(all mentioned in the other PGA thread.)

Put €30 on Dustin Johnson last night and found its been refunded back to my account.. Paddy power must be refunding all bets on him instead of paying out. I think fully paying out would have been a great PR move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Im in work so cant put up a screenshot but i backed ZAch Johnson ew @16/1 without watney and Kaymer at 5/1 without him yesterday afternoon for a bit of interest....

will stick up the screenshots later ..small bets but happy days as they were only 1,2,3 getting paid..dustins misfortune gives me a free bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭hawaii501

The one time I don't bother backing on the major and Kaymer goes and wins. Thats gambling for you:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 SimplyBetting

PP refunded all losing win bets on DJ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Dave147 wrote: »
    Well done, had him as well but only had €10 in my account so backed F.Molinari and Clarke too. €1.50e/w at 55-1.(all mentioned in the other PGA thread.)

Put €30 on Dustin Johnson last night and found its been refunded back to my account.. Paddy power must be refunding all bets on him instead of paying out. I think fully paying out would have been a great PR move.

They learned that PR doesnt pay after paying out on Tiger Woods after 3 rounds last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

orourkeda wrote: »
    They learned that PR doesnt pay after paying out on Tiger Woods after 3 rounds last year

it most certainly does pay.Fact

Advertisement