Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why track suits?

Options
124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Lets be honest, there is a time and place for tracksuits too.

Turn up at a wedding or funeral in one and I feel the person deserves to be slapped for showing possible disrespect.
    (I've actually seen people do this)

Hanging around the street on an off day as a teen is fair enough but when it becomes a common fixture on your body, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, it indicates maybe more than a touch of laziness and/or lack of self-respect for ones self.

...Its just a thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

Biggins wrote: »
    Lets be honest, there is a time and place for tracksuits too.

Turn up at a wedding or funeral in one and I feel the person deserves to be slapped for showing possible disrespect.
    (I've actually seen people do this)

Hanging around the street on an off day as a teen is fair enough but when it becomes a common fixture on your body, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, it indicates maybe more than a touch of laziness and/or lack of self-respect for ones self.

...Its just a thought.

No biggins you're right

It a way of like for the scum, who thing they can take over our city

well us blackrock boys wont go down with out a fight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

EASY ACCESS................. :D;):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

D.R cowboy wrote: »
    well us blackrock boys wont go down with out a fight

no, like the blackrock boys that kicked a lad to death, or like every story about your father who always has a gang of mates with him to pick on people who look at him sideways. btw, you're also the 'female' tcd troll, and you are also leinsterrugby the troll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Dazd_N_Confusd

How about this one?

Why do people wear jeans, they're not comfortable.

AFAIK they were made for the workers in the wild west who needed rugged clothing.

They're not bloody comfortable!

But wear trackies and you're a knacker.

But sweat pants are fine as long as you wear an A&F hoodie!

It's all bull!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

genericguy wrote: »
    no, like the blackrock boys that kicked a lad to death, or like every story about your father who always has a gang of mates with him to pick on people who look at him sideways. btw, you're also the 'female' td troll, and you are also leinsterrugby the troll.

Yeah why would i bother to make up several accounts on boards
    Get a life man, and stop trying to live mine:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Some towns resemble the Olympic Village with the amount of tracksuit wearing people wandering around.Don't mind someone just wearing track bottoms but seeing a guy with the full gear on looks ridiculous.
    Why do they complain when they try to get into a pub or nightclub wearing tracksuits and are stopped-if your going out at night for a few pints or hitting a club generally you dress to a certain standard and a tracksuit just doesn't cut it.
    At least it's not as bad as women out and about in pyjamas in the middle of the day-but that's a whole new thread in the making:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

D.R cowboy wrote: »
    Only scumbags wear penny's cloths full stop!!

People wears cloths now?

Must be a Blackrock thing...

I generally use cloths for wiping tables.

Gonna be fun when the Olympics start in London.
    The cops there won't know where to start or stop looking! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭xxchloexx

I think saying that all people who wear tracksuits are skangers is a bit much .. my boyfriend is 24 works as a plumber and when hes just home from work and were going to the cinema or something he would throw on some tracksuit bottoms and a t shirt , why should he have to get all dressed up just to go out local , although i know there are skangerish men who wear the full fred perry tracksuit but i think they just wear them because they get them cheap in markets etc...
    My boyfriend never wears a full tracksuit just the bottoms , there comfortable more than anything , I myself would never wear a tracksuit , I think theres too much clothes out there for girls to choose from , but men haven't got much either tracksuit or jeans basically ... so yeah by saying everyone who wears tracksuits are skangers is wrong ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Delicate_Dlite

Surely ppl pay more attention to the person's body language/demeanour than their clothes. :confused:
    Why do people wear jeans, they're not comfortable.

Yes, they are, you just need to find the right fit.

I'll admit when I was younger, I lived in track suit bottoms (I was obese so it was a comfort thing/ not wanting to buy size x). I know live in jeans. And I found that I am/was treated very differently simply due to my outfit.

And also as for the collar-popping, well....:o...some people have reasons acne, that cause them to want cover their neck. [I now wear a scarf, regardless of how a warm it is.]

Simply saying this to point out there are many different reasons why people choose their outfits.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭flas

wore tracksuit bottoms and a hoody to college nearly everyday for years,nothing wrong with it and comfy as hell,would have lots from different sports!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭icywind1980

Wow what did I start here? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Wow what did I start here? :eek:

I have no idea how you didn't see that coming tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭icywind1980

creggy wrote: »
    I have no idea how you didn't see that coming tbh.
    I guess I must have, I've lurked here long enough. But you have to admit, it's been educational and entertaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

A certain part of Irish society is full of pretensious elitists. Tracksuits were good enough for my parents and grandparents and they're good enough for me. I think the fact that tracksuits are so looked down upon by boardsies here is due to the large representation of dubs in AH. I have never heard anyone mock tracksuits in school/college/work etc. Get over yourselves some of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

there is too many posh southsider toffs airing their silly views in this thread..
    there is too many lets judge the underclass threads on boards..
    there are too many judgements from people who will in reality not amount to much and the people you judge will in the future be your neighbours!
    thats the beauty of it!

Piriz wrote: »
    there is too many posh southsider toffs airing their silly views in this thread..
    there is too many lets judge the underclass threads on boards..
    there are too many judgements from people who will in reality not amount to much and the people you judge will in the future be your neighbours!
    thats the beauty of it!
    ...But guess what?
    They're ALL are still entitled to have their say as long as they stick within Boards.ie rules.
    We might not agree with them, but we can post, opinionate and disagree but hey that's the beauty of it too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭leinsterrugby

K4t wrote: »
    A certain part of Irish society is full of pretensious elitists. Tracksuits were good enough for my parents and grandparents and they're good enough for me. I think the fact that tracksuits are so looked down upon by boardsies here is due to the large representation of loser nerds in AH who think wearing skiny jeans and 'cons' is cool. I have never heard anyone mock tracksuits in school/college/work etc. Get over yourselves some of you.

;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭I_AmThe_Walrus

Interesting question.

Scumbags have made tracksuits irrelevant in a fashion sense.

Because of them, I shall never wear another one again.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Wearing a tracksuit is like wearing a uniform. People will think you're scum because you look like them, whether you are or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I workout. I train. I do a lot of running.

It completly mystifies me as to why anyone would dress up like they're going to workout when they're not.

Its like those people who dress up like they're going to play tennis when they're just going shopping. wtf??

Its like dressing like a priest if you're not one. Or in hospital scrubs. If its for comfort why not wear pyjamas?

Tracksuits are ok for going to and coming from training/gym/match or around the house. Any other use (including going to the shops or college etc) is a big no no.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

I always wear tracksuit bottoms, when I'm in college and floating around the place, don't wear them in work though.

I notice people look down on me when I have tracksuit bottoms on, tough sh1t I don't give a fcuk, I'd rather not have my balls strangled on a continous basis.

Advertisement