Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why track suits?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Mak_United wrote: »
    Just lol at everyone thinking tracksuits are only acceptable when doing sports or exercise.

Fair enough if they were them to work but i see alot of people were tracksuits during the day.

And the scumbag/tracksuit insult is bull****. . Scumbags will look like scumbags no matter what they are wearing.

I wonder do these same people think that Jeans should only be worn when working on a building site :rolleyes: Thats what they were invented for, I wear tracksuits all the time and am far from a scumbag, I wear them coz there comfortable, also tracksuits are not that cheap as people suggest in this thread, they usually cost around €60 odd euro for the set..

Nick

Stinicker wrote: »
    I know I have american friends over and was embarrassed having to tell them not to wear the A&F T-shirt out last night due to the knackerish associations with the brand now.

A&F does not have knackerish associations with it now. First time Ive even seen that suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

yoyo wrote: »
    I wonder do these same people think that Jeans should only be worn when working on a building site :rolleyes: Thats what they were invented for, I wear tracksuits all the time and am far from a scumbag, I wear them coz there comfortable, also tracksuits are not that cheap as people suggest in this thread, they usually cost around €60 odd euro for the set..

Nick

Obviously jobs in building sites are an exception.

I remember working in a shop were everyone wore black trousers with shoes and a shirt or the shop jumper, there was also this one lad who always wore tracksuit bottoms and runners regardless of being asked a number of times.

He was far from a scumbag but you still don't wear them.

I mean, people saying the people that wear tracksuits are scumbags without knowing them is complete bull. They could be the nicest people you could ever meet.

I wear Canterbury's if i'm not doing anything, i wear them to the shops or if i'm out walking around. I must be a 'scumbag'. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

POST EDITED: Realised I was feeding a troll...

Sorry

*hits troll on nose with a rolled up newspaper*

BAD TROLL!!

Pondered this one some more.... and I think there are two types of tracksuit wearing people. The first are the scumbags. Normally the tracksuit will appear unwashed. The hood will be up and they'll undoubtedly have their 'trakkie bottoms tucked in socks'. For whatever reason I dont know. A solemn stare with a twinge of hostility to it will also emerge from beneath the hood.

Then you have those who are well presentable, showered, friendly and dont look like they've just crawled out of a ditch. Probably on the way to the shop on a sunday morning for a paper.

• Advertisement

I wear Canterbury's if i'm doing not doing anything, i wear them to the shops or if i'm out walking around. I must be a 'scumbag'. :rolleyes:

No... coz you're wearing 'Cantos'. No self respecting scumbag would wear them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

kfallon wrote: »
    So did you get the 'bang bang' on Friday night???

Ha Ha , are you stalking me .

I did indeed, it was most enjoyable , it was a booty call after all but sure what you know can be comforting satisfying.

Obviously jobs in building sites are an exception.

I remember working in a shop were everyone wore black trousers with shoes and a shirt or the shop jumper, there was also this one lad who always wore tracksuit bottoms and runners regardless of being asked a number of times.

He was far from a scumbag but you still don't wear them.

I mean, people saying the people that wear tracksuits are scumbags without knowing them is complete bull. They could be the nicest people you could ever meet.

I wear Canterbury's if i'm doing not doing anything, i wear them to the shops or if i'm out walking around. I must be a 'scumbag'. :rolleyes:

I love doing that. Great way of putting it .:)
    " I am doing not doing anything "

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Kasabian wrote: »
    Ha Ha , are you stalking me .

I did indeed, it was most enjoyable , it was a booty call after all but sure what you know can be comforting.

I never got the call :(
    It's great to have a Fook Buddy tho, oh yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Kasabian wrote: »
    I love doing that. Great way of putting it .:)
    " I am doing not doing anything "

:cool:

Haha, just realised. Typo :eek:

• Advertisement

Haha, just realised. Typo :eek:

I knew that but it's agood way of putting it . I will use it from now on. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

They're cheap and loose fitting, therefore easy to shoplift in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

They're comfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Lapin wrote: »
    €4.99 in Pennys

Leave it out on Penneys, it's a great shop.

Buy loads of clothes in there.
    I buy a t shirt for €6, others buy a ''fashionable'' t shirt for €60...
    Who is the fool?

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    Leave it out on Penneys, it's a great shop.

Buy loads of clothes in there.
    Who is the fool?

eh you loike, mine has g star on the label, yours has 'primark'

who's the fool now? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

SV wrote: »
    eh you loike, mine has g star on the label, yours has 'primark'

who's the fool now? :cool:

Clearly you.

Clearly you.

Sarcasm detector not working no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

cantos

That's bizarre.

My collars just pooped of their own accord when I read that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Don't even start on the collars up thing..... :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

kfallon wrote: »
    Don't even start on the collars up thing..... :mad:
    An Elvis version tracksuit, dear gawd, I didn't think things could get worse... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

A large percentage of the prison population wear tracksuits. I suppose because they are comfortable indoors and for exercising etc. The street scumbags have taken their fashion cue from their banged up peers and so tracksuits have become the favoured streetwear of a certain type of person.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

Who is the fool?

You are when you find siad t-shirt disintegrated into a rag after only a couple of washes or at best gone completely out if shape and thats if it was a decent fit to start with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

Only scumbags wear penny's cloths full stop!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I always wear tracksuits, usually Adidas and my favourite one is a big cotton Celtic FC one, and I'm not a scumbag so, nyah.:P

baz2009 wrote: »
    I always wear tracksuits, usually Adidas and my favourite one is a big cotton Celtic FC one, and I'm not a scumbag so, nyah.:P

Thats what you think man:rolleyes:

D.R cowboy wrote: »
    Thats what you think man:rolleyes:

Oooooh because I wear tracksuits, because I like the look of them, Jaysus yeah I must be the biggest junkie in Ireland.

Grow the fcuk up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

my favourite one is a big cotton Celtic FC one
    and I'm not a scumbag

I'll believe you boss, millions wouldn't. :pac:

Oooooh because I wear tracksuits, because I like the look of them, Jaysus yeah I must be the biggest junkie in Ireland.

Grow the fcuk up.

Typical scumbag laugh too :rolleyes:

Least I can grow up because my mom is not not my sister;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I like penneys!:(

Tracksuits have lots of places to hide stolen stuff. Try hiding DVDs in skinny jeans. Its not happening.

• Advertisement

D.R cowboy wrote: »
    Typical scumbag laugh too :rolleyes:

Least I can grow up because my mom is not not my sister;)

Just proving me right, tbh.

Advertisement