Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why track suits?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I didn't realise that I had the ultimate knacker outfit until I accidentally wore it out once. Blue tracksuit bottoms (white stripe) with a green and yellow stripy jumper. When I saw myself in the mirror I put my hands in my pockets to protect my money before I realised it was me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

ye leinster rugby has such a negative stigma attached to it. :rolleyes:

It does to me. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Why do people care so much what people wear? You shouldn't base someone purely on their appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭NoHornJan

has anyone noticed a surge in the ammount of scobes wearing cantos/abercrombie and american eagle? i just find it weird like when i hear like a dublin accent with like cantos. its a rare sight but becoming more frequent.

What do you wear ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

creggy wrote: »
    Why do people care so much what people wear? You shouldn't base someone purely on their appearance.

Job interview.

tracksuit vs. Business suit.

as you were saying ........

• Advertisement

robbie_998 wrote: »
    Job interview.

tracksuit vs. Business suit.

as you were saying ........

Of course suit. If there wasn't a stigma attached to tracksuit, you still wear a suit no matter what.

What's your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

has anyone noticed a surge in the ammount of scobes wearing cantos/abercrombie and american eagle? i just find it weird like when i hear like a dublin accent with like cantos. its a rare sight but becoming more frequent.
    no rugby training bottoms are like the exact opposite of a skanger

the second one is appeasable but I know what your intention was with it. I've never seen somone type like like that

Nulty wrote: »
    the second one is appeasable but I know what your intention was with it. I've never seen somone type like like that

Don't feed the troll.

Of course suit. If there wasn't a stigma attached to tracksuit, you still wear a suit no matter what.

What's your point?

but you are going to base them on their appearance.

meeting your birds parents for the first time ... what would you wear ?

first date ?

meeting friends in public, new friends, hanging about in the town etc.

"appearances mean everything" - is this gone out the window now ?

in all situations i would not be in any kind of a tracksuit nor would any of my friends be.

Don't feed the troll.

Surely he's too retarded to take any notice
    They're comfortable.

good point btw, was gonna make it myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Please tell me that does not stand for Canterbury.

Xavi6 wrote: »

We dont really though, do we? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

.. why oh why do the "scumbags" wear track suits?

because they wish they could make the special olympics

but you are going to base them on their appearance.

meeting your birds parents for the first time ... what would you wear ?

first date ?

meeting friends in public, new friends, hanging about in the town etc.

"appearances mean everything" - is this gone out the window now ?

in all situations i would not be in any kind of a tracksuit nor would any of my friends be.

The 1st two things you mentioned are formal situations, you'd never wear a tracksuit regardless, isn't formal.

The last thing you said was rubbish, In my first year of college I made a load of new friends who wore tracksuits from Monaghan, they are all decent folk.

It's grand that you don't like wearing them, I just think it's a bit much to dismiss someone purely on what they're wearing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

i bet ur 1 of those complete bellends who wear 'cons' :rolleyes:
    I wear 'cons'...does that automatically make me a bellend? Oh and I guess wearing combats would make me a prick too?

ITT: Sweeping Generalisations...woohoo!:rolleyes:

For what it's worth, most of the people I see wearing tracksuits happen to be knackers/scum yeah...only because I happen to live in south inner city Dublin...a haven for the fu**ers :( In reality, the only people who should be wearing them would be people participating in sport, or going to work out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭leinsterrugby

obvers

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

obvers

Well in that case you're ten times worse than any tracksuit wearing skanger....loike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Because you are in a tracksuit doesn't automatically make you a skanger and if you are in a suit doesn't make an upstanding citizen.
    Of course you have situations where you have to dress a certain way. But generally I wouldn't care about being judged on a peice of clothing. Each to their own.

The last thing you said was rubbish, In my first year of college I made a load of new friends who wore tracksuits from Monaghan, they are all decent folk.

could the same be done in a rough part of dublin in well known areas ?
    It's grand that you don't like wearing them, I just think it's a bit much to dismiss someone purely on what they're wearing.

if they are worn on a regular basis then yes it will give of some kind of bad image unless its sports wear or something of the kind but like i said in parts of dublin where people wear tracksuits of a particular type 7 days a week, 365 days a year then it raises questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

Fúcking hate that new celtic tiger phrase- what do you wear? as in what brands.

I wear whatever's cheap in Dunnes and looks half decent, shoot me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Because you are in a tracksuit doesn't automatically make you a skanger and if you are in a suit doesn't make an upstanding citizen.
    Of course you have situations where you have to dress a certain way. But generally I wouldn't care about being judged on a peice of clothing. Each to their own.

Thank you, somebody makes sense, I wear tracksuit pants everyday of the year, even in college, the only time I wear jeans would be if I were heading to a pub or club, the reason I wear them is because they are comfortable, I can have a kick aroud whenever I want or puck a sliotar whenever I want, they are a lot less hassle than any other type of pants, now I'm not from Dublin so I don't see the perception of how everyone who wears tracksuits are scumbags.

could the same be done in a rough part of dublin in well known areas ?

if they are worn on a regular basis then yes it will give of some kind of bad image unless its sports wear or something of the kind but like i said in parts of dublin where people wear tracksuits of a particular type 7 days a week, 365 days a year then it raises questions.

Yep, coming from Finglas, I knew plenty of decent folk who wore them. Some give the whole tracksuit wearing a folk bad name. Now living in Dublin 15, there plenty of people wearing tracksuits in Castleknock. Same issue occurs in Castleknock.

I'll judge someone when I talk to them, not by what they wear.

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Thank you, somebody makes sense, I wear tracksuit pants everyday of the year, even in college, the only time I wear jeans would be if I were heading to a pub or club, the reason I wear them is because they are comfortable, I can have a kick aroud whenever I want or puck a sliotar whenever I want, they are a lot less hassle than any other type of pants, now I'm not from Dublin so I don't see the perception of how everyone who wears tracksuits are scumbags.

It doesn't matter that it's Dublin, It's any built up area. Cork, Meath, Limerick etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭leinsterrugby

Well in that case you're ten times worse than any tracksuit wearing skanger....loike.

why on this website is it that people like link anyone whose like a southsider to the ross o kelly charachter? cantos is a word every1 uses were im from, its not even a big deal. calling them canterburys would actually sound weird like

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Just lol at everyone thinking tracksuits are only acceptable when doing sports or exercise.

Fair enough if they were them to work but i see alot of people were tracksuits during the day.

And the scumbag/tracksuit insult is bull****. . Scumbags will look like scumbags no matter what they are wearing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

What's your point?

There are a lot of the brethren out there wearing suits that are robbing you blind too only the chances are they have an office and a desk.

Alot of these cnuts have added to the social problems that affect our society everyday , problems that manifest in the tracksuit wearing skangers you will find in every town in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Fúcking hate that new celtic tiger phrase- what do you wear? as in what brands.

I wear whatever's cheap in Dunnes and looks half decent, shoot me.

Bang bang

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Used to wear the tracksuit a lot when i came home from work etc..but now don't bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Makes Gardai hard to track them
    It suits them too.

Easy.:cool:

What the hell was that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Kasabian wrote: »
    Bang bang

So did you get the 'bang bang' on Friday night???

Advertisement