Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why track suits?

Options
  • 09-08-2010 1:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hey All! I just thought of something and maybe you could shed some light on it. Now, I'm new here and if this has been talked to death, just close it, but why oh why do the "scumbags" wear track suits? When I was a teenager the cool thing, depending on what scene you were into, was either baggy jeans showing exposed Tommy Hilfiger shorts or retro wide leg bell bottoms, so wide you could fit your two closest mates in there.

What is it about track suits that make them the it thing here?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

You can run fast in a tracksuit , Gardai should be wearing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

fashion is for pussies

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Hey All! I just thought of something and maybe you could shed some light on it. Now, I'm new here and if this has been talked to death, just close it, but why oh why do the "scumbags" wear track suits? When I was a teenager the cool thing, depending on what scene you were into, was either baggy jeans showing exposed Tommy Hilfiger shorts or retro wide leg bell bottoms, so wide you could fit your two closest mates in there.

I guess they think they can run faster when they are challenged by a guard or a member of the public when they have their "go faster adidas stripes". Certain tribal monkeys have been known to try and emulate their peers so I guess it is no different, except for the vastly greater intelligence of said monkeys.

[EDIT]Kasabian beat me to it. [EDIT]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭icywind1980

Kasabian wrote: »
    You can run fast in a tracksuit , Gardai should be wearing them.

So they can run really fast in the other direction?

Stinicker wrote: »
    I guess they think they can run faster when they are challenged by a guard or a member of the public when they have their "go faster adidas stripes". Certain tribal monkeys have been known to try and emulate their peers so I guess it is no different, except for the vastly greater intelligence of said monkeys.

[EDIT]Kasabian beat me to it. [EDIT]
    It is true, you can't run too fast with your pants falling down. Maybe that's why so many American teenagers get caught by the police there. heh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭leinsterrugby

has anyone noticed a surge in the ammount of scobes wearing cantos/abercrombie and american eagle? i just find it weird like when i hear like a dublin accent with like cantos. its a rare sight but becoming more frequent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Makes Gardai hard to track them
    It suits them too.

Easy.:cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

€4.99 in Pennys

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Don't panic, it's not like fashion changes, once cool always cool. Like moustaches and aviator shades. The problem is they're not sporting the tache and shades, then they would look cool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

has anyone noticed a surge in the ammount of scobes wearing cantos/abercrombie and american eagle? i just find it weird like when i hear like a dublin accent with like cantos. its a rare sight but becoming more frequent.

I know I have american friends over and was embarrassed having to tell them not to wear the A&F T-shirt out last night due to the knackerish associations with the brand now.

• Advertisement

Lapin wrote: »
    €4.99 in Pennys
    I see it all clearly now. I guess that also answers my question why big people wear spandex.
    ScumLord wrote: »
    Don't panic, it's not like fashion changes, once cool always cool. Like moustaches and aviator shades. The problem is they're not sporting the tache and shades, then they would look cool.
    Like snoopy as the Red Baron. I'm getting a weird mental image there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Lapin wrote: »
    €4.99 in Pennys

Penny's ?

is that what we're calling the back of a truck now ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

It's also easier to tuck into your socks thus creating the ultimate scanger look . Closely followed by the business suit.

Kasabian wrote: »
    It's also easier to tuck into your socks thus craeting the ultimate scanger look . Closely followed by the business suit.
    Anything one can tuck their socks into reeks of nerd. Not cool video game nerd, awkward body oder nerd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

I'd take it that the majority of people who replied are from Dublin or close to it and this is an honest question but are everyone who wears tracksuit pants portrayed as scumbags?

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    I'd take it that the majority of people who replied are from Dublin or close to it and this is an honest question but are everyone who wears tracksuit pants portrayed as scumbags?

I've only been here 3 months but was told quickly by my land lady, not to associate with the "track suit scumbags", and that they weren't welcome here. I tend to stay out of the city as much as possible myself, but every time I do go downtown, I end of realizing why she said it.

Nemanja91 wrote: »

well.... yes they are (not just by me either) .... im from clondalkin and all but i will never ever touch a track suit.

no rugby training bottoms are like the exact opposite of a skanger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

When ye say tracksuits do ye mean the whole set or just the pants then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

also something to do with the heatons/lifestyle clothing voucher given to freshly released prisoners from the prison authority?

• Advertisement

flanum wrote: »
    also something to do with the heatons/lifestyle clothing voucher given to freshly released prisoners from the prison authority?

as in the lifestyle sports ?

thats ridicules .... should be a fecking Dunnesstores voucher for €25 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

They're comfortable.

creggy wrote: »
    They're comfortable.

I dunno if I'd wear something that's the social equivalent of American gang-bangers wearing baggies just because they're comfy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I dunno if I'd wear something that's the social equivalent of American gang-bangers wearing baggies just because they're comfy.

Good for you, but I put my comfort way above the perception that someone might get from what I'm wearing and also if there's any people whose perception of me I care about it wouldn't be people who care about fashion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

They're unacceptable really outside of exercise, and possibly if you've a broken leg or something.
    Granted they're comfy as hell, but they've a bit of a stigma attached now.

amacachi wrote: »
    Good for you, but I put my comfort way above the perception that someone might get from what I'm wearing and also if there's any people whose perception of me I care about it wouldn't be people who care about fashion.
    Fair enough :3 I guess I'm more conscious of that kind of thing since I'm used to seeing people being badgered by police for doing nothing more than wearing the wrong kind of clothes. That doesn't much seem to happen here.

ye leinster rugby has such a negative stigma attached to it. :rolleyes:

Superbus wrote: »
    They're unacceptable really outside of exercise, and possibly if you've a broken leg or something.
    Granted they're comfy as hell, but they've a bit of a stigma attached now.

i bet ur 1 of those complete bellends who wear 'cons' :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Fair enough :3 I guess I'm more conscious of that kind of thing since I'm used to seeing people being badgered by police for doing nothing more than wearing the wrong kind of clothes. That doesn't much seem to happen here.

I don't think there's much that people get badgered by the popos for here.

• Advertisement

amacachi wrote: »
    I don't think there's much that people get badgered by the popos for here.
    I'm learning that. Can't even get the popo to patrol my neighborhood after dark, much less ask anyone to move along.

Advertisement