Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

He's the Miz,and he is.....? Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭*tripsi*

Voltwad wrote: »
    You think Miz is Irish? :pac:

When i hear an irish person say it in public i so bloody crazy.....keep it irish folks! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i just cant see the miz as a main eventer i think hes just a level below plus i find his face annoying to look at

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Put me in the camp that hates him. That catchphrase just ruins any possibility that I could warm to him.

Imagine Jake Roberts cutting a serious promo and then finishing with...'Because I'm The Snake and I'm AWESOME!'

With a line like that you are always going to be a joke character and I'll never be able to take this guy seriously. He's just a big goof to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Yes Indeed.. The Miz Sucks Moose Balls

Imagine Jake Roberts cutting a serious promo and then finishing with...'Because I'm The Snake and I'm AWESOME!'

That would have been so amazing. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Put me in the camp that hates him. That catchphrase just ruins any possibility that I could warm to him.

With a line like that you are always going to be a joke character and I'll never be able to take this guy seriously. He's just a big goof to me.

I don't really see a difference between 'I'm the Miz and I'm awesome' and 'if you smell what the Rock is cooking'. He'll if it takes a catchphrase to get some new people over then so be it. He's a heel, he is meant to annoy people and get under their skin.

• Advertisement

chordtype wrote: »
    I don't really see a difference between 'I'm the Miz and I'm awesome' and 'if you smell what the Rock is cooking'. He'll if it takes a catchphrase to get some new people over then so be it. He's a heel, he is meant to annoy people and get under their skin.

The difference is The Rock's catchphrase was good and The Miz's one is cack. Yes he is meant to annoy people but not make them want to turn the TV off, which is an effect I think he evokes due to his attitude and manner.

I honestly don't think this guy would have made it in the Attitude era. He's considered an interesting guy in a very average, mundane period. You should compare him more to Ken Kennedy Anderson as that's more his level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

ah yes but the snake was the total package - a savage in and outside the ring - if only his personal demons hadn't gotten the better of him - could you imagine the fueds he could have had for any number of titles he really should've won.

didn't he once finish off a promo when he turned on the warrior with you should never have trusted a snake or words to that effect.

but whoever it was who said he would never have lasted in the attitute era is right. as much of loudmouths as austin & the rock were hey could back it up in the ring - well austin more so but the rock was always a great athlete - would've loved a rock - benjamin fued - sorry tangent again.

i think that to say he only stands out due to the mediocrity around him is bang on the money - and i dont blame the wrestlers for this its the way their booked and their promo's are over scripted - you can see them forcing lines they've been fed - whereas i always felt all of the great promo's that the likes of austin, rock, taker, jake, anderson even etc... all sounded natural and they pulled them off with style and charisma - like bull**** like having mark henry breakdance with a dwarf and a bunch of manky hookers wil never get him over. keep him away from the mike give him a mouthpiece like slick for example - or even like abraham washington - let him be as annoying as he wants to people and then just have henry destroy anyone who goes near him. damn tangent again my apologies. but in a round about way i'm back on point here people should be booked to their strengths and miz's biggest strength is his mike work no his in ring work and till he improves that to a much higher level he'll never be a credible main eventer unfortunately - as they really need some fresh main event faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

MizAnimated.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 85,476 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

chordtype wrote: »

I would never compare their catchphrases as The Rock was in a league of his own

I think Edge and Christian used to use "awesome" also in their promos if I remember correctly

Lately I am finding the Miz's promos very repetitive as said previously he needs a lengthy decent feud

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

He is AWESOME............AWESOME nearly as AWESOME as my Mr.ANDERSON..............ANDERSON........anderson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

That guy in the first video is the exact reason I hate most wrestling fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

krudler wrote: »
    That guy in the first video is the exact reason I hate most wrestling fans.

The truest post in the forum for a long time. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

He owned the Miz at the start to be fair to him..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

walter......is that guy you?!

I wish, i'd have spit at Miz and ran tbh:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Screaming "you're a jobber!" at someone who isnt performing as a heel on tv but in the public eye doing part of his job isnt exactly "owning" someone. I have no problem giving wrestlers abuse during shows, I can boo who I want, but I wouldnt start yelling at Cena during an autograph signing or something, thats just pathetic.

krudler wrote: »
    Screaming "you're a jobber!" at someone who isnt performing as a heel on tv but in the public eye doing part of his job isnt exactly "owning" someone. I have no problem giving wrestlers abuse during shows, I can boo who I want, but I wouldnt start yelling at Cena during an autograph signing or something, thats just pathetic.

I think the part at the start we're Miz introduces Eve and yer man says "Who? The Miz" is hilarious, the rest is a bit pathetic, he probably should have just walked away at the start.. But we're veering quite far away from the fact that the Miz does infact suck.. And is simply a flavour of the month amongst the majority of you tbh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

He used to be entertaining but I've found in the last 6 months or so he's become incredibly bland, not quite as bland as Blandy Orton but bland nonetheless.....

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Hyndsy85

His catchphrase suits him,of course it would sound stupid with any other wrestler saying it. Just like it would be stupid to hear other wrestlers use stone colds "and that's the bottom line because Edge said so"

A catchphrase has to go with the personality.

I'm in the miz fan club. have been since miz/jomo tag team. While people might say his wrestling is average, look at the main eventers, it's not neccessary to be a great wrestler to get to the top. Look at sheamus for instance, His wrestling is hardly enticing but thats not stopped him from being a 2 time champion

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I like him. He's entertaining.
    I honestly thought he would be gone after 6 months or so, but he has shown that he is talented enough to make in the WWE.
    That's not to say there are not plenty of others more deserving of a push, but being great on the mic has been a massive part of his success.

In saying that, I have a strong feeling that he will be the first to cash in Mitb and not win. I don't think it will be Sheamus to beat him though. It'll most likely be Orton or Cena.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I think the part at the start we're Miz introduces Eve and yer man says "Who? The Miz" is hilarious, the rest is a bit pathetic, he probably should have just walked away at the start.. But we're veering quite far away from the fact that the Miz does infact suck.. And is simply a flavour of the month amongst the majority of you tbh..
    You can't rightfully stand up for the dreadlocks geek. Miz was awesome with the line: "Benoit :confused: He doesn't rassle anymore :pac:". Made me love Miz even more.

Terry is right though. Plenty more wrestlers deserving of a push but Miz got it and he's working his ass off to keep it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

what has he done to make him so awesome :rolleyes:

his rookie on nxt is even outshining him

Hyndsy85 wrote: »
    His catchphrase suits him,of course it would sound stupid with any other wrestler saying it. Just like it would be stupid to hear other wrestlers use stone colds "and that's the bottom line because Edge said so"

A catchphrase has to go with the personality.

You misunderstood my point about how Jake Roberts would look stupid saying his catchphrase. I only mentioned Roberts as he's the best example I could think of for a guy who cuts serious promos extremely well.

My point was if you are trying to come across as a serious and intense heel, as Miz has been trying to do of late, then finishing with the 'I'm Awesome' catchphrase totally kills the effect.

As much as I dislike the catchphrase I would not have as big a problem with it if he kept to his goofy promos, but when he is doing a serious promo and he finishes with it then he just comes across as having no depth. He's basically a goof.

Jericho would be another example. When he went down a more serious route he cut out his earlier comedic lines like 'I'm the Ayatollah of Rock and Rolalh' etc. There is a guy that understands his character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

wwe champ baby :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

very good match with mysterio this weeks sd

hard to believe this is the same guy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Rjd2 wrote: »
    What matches does The Miz have in his CV that are as good as Morrison's matches with Bourne, Rey, Edge and Jericho from last year?

I think the thing is they have two different styles.

Morrison has this flashy spot-filled style which looks awesome but could be dangerous at times. Miz wrestles the "WWE Style" which tends not to be as interesting but is safer and is what Vince and co want.

I agree that Miz needs a decent story to really put him over as a main eventer. His current one with Orton is being portrayed as the third string story for the PPV, which is shocking considering he is supposidly the top champion. What I'd like is a clean win over Orton followed by him and Morrison really tearing it up at the Rumble and then a loss at EC where he can be protected.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Rjd2 wrote: »
    What matches does The Miz have in his CV that are as good as Morrison's matches with Bourne, Rey, Edge and Jericho from last year?

You won't find any...fortunately his promo work is miles ahead of Morrison (see Morrison's "comedy stylings" with Sheamus last week) and that's what counts in WWE's main event these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Threads merged.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

thought id put this in here now that the Miz's placing was revealed in my other thread, wasnt until i wrote this that I thought about how good The Miz has been this past year despite the fact that he still has room for improvement (in ring wise for sure).
    No.9: The Miz

The Miz has been someone who has gradually improved year on year and as much as people may genuinley dislike the guy this year he seems to have made the step up to someone of importance to his brand. Be it him "mentoring" and then feuding with Daniel Bryan on NXT and Raw, forming ShowMiz or his winning and cashing in his money in the bank contract to become the new world champion he has brought his A game and honestly looks to be someone the WWE can now rely on going forward. Another huge leap forward for The Miz this year as I doubt many would have guessed he'd make the top ten last year nor that he'd be ushering in the era of awesomeness in the WWE.
    miz-wwe-champion-wallpaper-preview.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Ugh, what a negative, biased original post to merge into. At least more than 2/3 of people think he's awesome.

I hope that if this is the thread for all things Miz it should be changed to
    The "He's the Miz,and he's.....?" Thread

Advertisement