Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

He's the Miz,and he is.....? Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Yes Indeed.. The Miz Sucks Moose Balls
    He's come so far since he started and is proof of how far hard word and dedication can get you, and thanks to it he has become THE best in the world today now Batista has left, bar none. I couldn't be prouder of my boy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I like the Miz. His progession from reality tv to wwe is incredible.

I am in the Miz fan club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

For Fu*ks sake lads, its the PW Sheep game part 3..:pac:

Bandwagoners:pac:

Rebel without a cause!

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Rebel with a completely justified cause!

FYP there Iceman:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Lads, did you know the Miz is AWESOME

FYP there Iceman:cool:

for your purchase

im_a_rebel_without_a_cause_tshirt-p235169503245466149ypwi_400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Walt, we agree on a lot of things but this (along with Percy Watson) is probably the expetion. I'm an Official Mizfit

Miz is just awesome. He has improved so much over the past year, he deserves the MitB briefcase imho. When Miz and Morrison were broken up, a lot of people wouldn't expect to see Miz where he's at atm.

The fact that Miz has gotten so many people to hate his character really says a lot about how his character has improved. Even just his "I'm Awesome" phrase is perfect for his over-cocky character.

the-miz.jpg

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Lads, did you know the Miz is AWESOME
    The Miz wrote:
    I'm the Miz and I........ wish I was Chris Masters

:cool:

DM-ICE wrote: »
    for your purchase

im_a_rebel_without_a_cause_tshirt-p235169503245466149ypwi_400.jpg

For sale from the boot of a car in Sandyford Ind Estate from Monday

57510050.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Despite the fact that he's a great promo and he has worked very hard, for me he still lacks that breakout match that convinces me that he can deliver a top quality main event match. Right now I don't think he's good enough to do that.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I normally wouldn't go into a flame thread and say the opposite, because I really like the Miz. Sure, he's not world champion status right now, but you could argue that the belt's been devalued down to high-midcard status :pac: And WWE have a history of giving not-ready wrestlers the main strap (Swagger being the best, most recent example, Sheamus last year...)

Miz's wrestling has gone from God-awful, to more than decent; and his promo skills and the way he carries himself have gone (relatively) through the roof. He's the guy I look forward to most cutting a promo these days. He still needs a better finisher/signature moves, though, maybe when he turns face.

I couldn't find his Janetty promos but they were great. He's come a long way from bumbling douchebag diva search guy. There have been a rake of great Miz promos over the last 2 years. I don't know if people just dismiss them, or hate that he's ragging on wrestlers he likes, but....:P

It's also worth noting that people love Miz & Morrison but it was Miz who carried John "Deer in headlights" Morrison to a decent promo. They both helped each other, Miz wrestled better, Morrison improved on promos.

Anyway, he's a guy that sucked really bad, and everyone hated him (there was a great promo when he recounted how JBL treated him) and through hard work and constantly improving himself, he's going to be world champion. Good for him.

He's the Miz, and I think he's awesome!

I'm out on this flame thread woot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

He's come on leaps and bounds I have to admit. I was apathetic towards him but I sympathize with Dashing on this as well as I've had unexplainable hatred towards some wrestlers in the past too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

Hes a great heel, one word "awesome!" ;)

I didn't realise Miz was so liked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

He's fantastic, end of story. I've liked him for well over a year now and he was one of the guys I was looking forward to seeing the most, if not the most, at the law Raw Dublin house show.

Fantastic. He might not be ready just yet for the WWE belt but he's on the way. Swagger definitely wasn't ready I don't think.

Close thread/ :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

He's came on a bit.But is still limited in the Ring he's getting the push cause of his Mic Work & Charisma definetly not for his in ring work.I'm not a fan of his but I was Furious with Orton pulling Pissy faces this week,if I was miz i'd smash his face in. Orton has killed a push for Kofi,got Kennedy fired for a inring mistake even though he's FAR away from Angle or Michaels in when it comes to ring work.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭*tripsi*

I HATE when i hear Irish people say the word 'awesome' DEAR GOD!! Oh yeah the miz is a big pile of ****e with a bloody cherry on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

*tripsi* wrote: »
    I HATE when i hear Irish people say the word 'awesome' DEAR GOD!! Oh yeah the miz is a big pile of ****e with a bloody cherry on top.
    You think Miz is Irish? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Voltwad wrote: »
    You think Miz is Irish? :pac:

His Irish impersonation is spot on for a Cavan accent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Anyway, he's a guy that sucked really bad, and everyone hated him (there was a great promo when he recounted how JBL treated him) and through hard work and constantly improving himself, he's going to be world champion. Good for him.

This. I think that promo was when I realised he wasn't awwwwwful anymore. He's modeled on Jericho alot now but there's still a sense of progression there despite the story about Vince McMahon liking his legs making it seem like the push happened over night.

Not suggesting he's going to be the next Shawn Michaels or anything but I think he's potentially got the same balance of everything like HBK had that a wrestler should possess to be a good performer. Punk's got it aswell.

In theory, the day he faces Cena for the WWE title in the main event will be his breakthrough match and make him indispensable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,388 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Not really a fan of his, never could take to him. Maybe it's because of my prejudice towards people from reality shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

he sucks, but not as much as

maven.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

His best and most heartfelt promo..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

In 2 years time,if handled correctly he's gonna be the biggest face going in the WWE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

Wonder will the Miz still be in the company after this:

source: www.pwtorch.com
    In a shades similar to past incidents with Kofi Kingston and Ken Anderson, was visibly upset with The Miz following his match against Jey Uso during the July 26 Raw.
    After hitting the RKO on Sheamus, Miz entered Randy Orton to tease cashing in the Money in the Bank briefcase. "The Viper" then hit the RKO on Miz and was unable to hide his frustration. The word coming out of the show is that Orton felt Miz was positioned in a manner that indicated he was about to be hit with the signature maneuver.

Similarly, Orton angrily reacted during a bout with Kingston last January when the Ghanaian grappler messed up the timing of the finish. Orton was seen on-camera shouting "stupid," among other obscenities, towards him. It is said that Kingston's "main event" push at the time was single handedly derailed due to the incident. Likewise, Anderson's untimely dismissal from World Wrestling Entertainment last year was largely attributed to Orton, as a result of the former Mr. Kennedy inadvertently dropping "The Viper" on his head with a back suplex. Orton later admitted to complaining to management about Anderson's in-ring work, which was the primary reason for his release from the organization.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

Rjd2 wrote: »
    His best and most heartfelt promo..:)

looking at that just reminds me how much they missed the boat on M.V.P. that really should have been a really solid mid-carder fued to elevate both- like a best of 5 series or like an iron man match.

why is it that the WWe seem to always elevate someone at someone elses expense what wrong with elevating both competitors - i mean M.V.P. is pretty much a joke now - its ridiculous he's insanely talented - i'd love to punch some sense into the wwe writers somedays.

ayatollah wrote: »
    looking at that just reminds me how much they missed the boat on M.V.P. that really should have been a really solid mid-carder fued to elevate both- like a best of 5 series or like an iron man match.

why is it that the WWe seem to always elevate someone at someone elses expense what wrong with elevating both competitors - i mean M.V.P. is pretty much a joke now - its ridiculous he's insanely talented - i'd love to punch some sense into the wwe writers somedays.

Post of the Day that I wish I thought of!

Hopefully WWE will try to elevate Dolph and Kofi in their current feud in the way you suggest they should have done with Miz v MVP.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

For me he needs one decent feud as a singles competitior and I think someone like Cena, Orton, Christian, Punk or Jericho would be ideal ;) well thats imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

i kinda thought they would've set up a fued with himself and morrison by now seeing as how they're both on raw or even set up a three way fued over the US title with even truth or bourne thrown in the mix - i always kinda liked the line they did in the old wcw when ddp raven and benoit were all fighting tooth and nail for the us strap. they all had some excellent matches and character development at that time - you really felt that nothing in the world at that time was more important to all three.

i do think that he doesn't defend it devalues the strap both so does throw away defences like what rob terry was doing with the tna legends/global/tv belt when you just knew they were bull**** squash matches coming up.

he needs good decent length fueds - like 2 - 3 months at a time like what they did with punk and hardy or punk and rey or punk and anyone really - he kicks ass to be honest best thing going at the moment in the wwe - they really should do an angle with morrison trying to save joey from punk and having to go through the whole society to get to him but anyways i'm gone off on a tangent here.

the fact that he's comfortable and competent on the mike is a good thing as he needs to compensate for his lack of in ring ability - although he has gotten noticably better he's not at the level where you would really want him to be of they are going to hitch their wagon to him for the future.

but these are all things that can be thought and learned so i'm hopeful in him just not in the way that he might be booked.

as JP Liz V1 said he really needs a meaningful fued to push him on and drive his character on to the next level.

i'm just not sure the push killer randy orton is the way to go.

Advertisement