Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

He's the Miz,and he is.....? Thread

Options
  • 09-04-2010 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭

To be honest when he first came along i thought he was crap but over the last year he has really improved both in the ring and on the mike i think he could defiantly be a future world champ

your thoughts?

We Came to Play.. 40 votes

Hes Awesome
    0%
    Yes Indeed.. The Miz Sucks Moose Balls
    100%
    de5p0i1erBounty HuntergimmickThe BulldlofnepHeadshotmayordenisTerry[Deleted User]krudlerPeyton ManningReganio 2The VoltJolt2007Rjd2BrollyDancorflahavajgrames_bondTripleAce 40 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,981 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

He carried Morrison and now it is becoming apparent to all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

morrison is a great athlete it must be said but im not liking his gimmick i think he needs a change

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I dunno about that, Miz had the charisma and got them over, but Morrison was the worker of the duo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I dunno about that, Miz had the charisma and got them over, but Morrison was the worker of the duo

yea they were a great tag team but once again wwe ignored the tag division so they got little time on tv bad t see coz they had great potential to be one of the greatest teams in wwe history

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

He seems to just clicked completely with his gimmick, and does have a certain presence. It's his work that has improved dramatically in the time that I've seen him.

I'm not so sure he'll make the transition from a good upper-mid-card heel to main event level though. It'd take time to build him up as a legit threat, and he's already 29.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

It has to be said

HE'S AAAWWWWWEEEEESSSSSOOOOMMMMMEEEEE!!!! in his new role

I hated him when I first saw him but now, he's definetly one of my faves on Raw

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea he has grown on me aswell , but i feel they should give Morrison the same kind of gimmick Jericho had for years eg like the promos he had wit Steph and the invasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

But Morrison hasn't got the charisma to pull that off, nowhere near it.

Always been a fan of the Miz remember getting stick about it :D He just had that arrogant persona that works perfectly in the E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Willie Stroker

He has a great cocky gimmick, he has worked on his wrestling skill ,Morrison is still better in the ring , and I still think both will be major top stars !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

That was when I cursed myself and realised he's got better. By taking some of Jericho's image. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

As a recent returnee to the whole wrestling thing I fcuking hate him.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That_Guy wrote: »
    As a recent returnee to the whole wrestling thing I fcuking hate him.

Yeah I missed most of 2008 and 2009 and I have to say he does my head in too. Maybe you had to be watching him then to get what he's about but I just don't get what the fuss is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Great on the Mic,I hope they keep him Heel for as long as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Tribesmen7

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    But Morrison hasn't got the charisma to pull that off, nowhere near it.

Always been a fan of the Miz remember getting stick about it :D He just had that arrogant persona that works perfectly in the E

Yeah true about Morrison. He desperately needs to turn heel. He bores me to death at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Tribesmen7

Yeah I missed most of 2008 and 2009 and I have to say he does my head in too. Maybe you had to be watching him then to get what he's about but I just don't get what the fuss is about.

Dont worry that reaction to the Miz is normal. I couldn't stand him for the first two or three years he was in the WWE. I mean more than any other wrestler I can remember. I'd nearly change the channel when he comes on. Then once he started to team with Morrison he didn't mind him as much, I could just about bear him. But since they split, I cant believe I'm going to say this, but I actually kind of...like him!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭danny29

very talented hope they push his career Well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I've liked him for quite a while. I love his promo's.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

He has a good gimmick and he is "awesome" on the mic but he needs a decent feud as a singles competitor (i.e. Christian or Bryan perhaps) to help build him up imo

I dont think he carried Morrison in their tag team Morrison is a better in ring worker

• Registered Users Posts: 10,981 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

People keep saying that Morrison is better in-ring than Miz and I just don't see it. Miz has excellent psychology and knows when to speed things up, slow things down or just keep a steady pace.

He also sells quite well too.

Morrison does lots of cool flashy stuff, but it's just seemingly done at random with no thought process behind it.

People keep saying that Morrison is better in-ring than Miz and I just don't see it. Miz has excellent psychology and knows when to speed things up, slow things down or just keep a steady pace.

He also sells quite well too.

Morrison does lots of cool flashy stuff, but it's just seemingly done at random with no thought process behind it.

What matches does The Miz have in his CV that are as good as Morrison's matches with Bourne, Rey, Edge and Jericho from last year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Rjd2 wrote: »
    What matches does The Miz have in his CV that are as good as Morrison's matches with Bourne, Rey, Edge and Jericho from last year?

And Hardy, plus some of his ECW matches with Punk (I was watching the JoMo DVD today:),great DVD).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

And Hardy, plus some of his ECW matches with Punk (I was watching the JoMo DVD today:),great DVD).

+1
    His ECW matches with Punk were tremendous

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

I really wanted to hate the guy, but I find him really really entertaining. Its hard for a wrestler to overcome first impressions, but he has become one of the most credible heels in the company. I can see him winning a world title before the year is out. Hell, if Swagger can do it, anyone can.
    As for Morrisson, I'm a huge fan. Always have been. But his gimmick sucks and he needs to turn heel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

In fairness to Morrison, him and Matt Hardy had a great match at the SD live show in Dublin in November. It was easily the best of the night and best of the Raw and SD shows that I seen.

I think Miz has started using some new moves which I think are good. That was one thing I was thinking he needed to improve at. He didn't seem to have any unique moves, or at least ones that I thought were any good. But he's started doing some new stuff.

He's much better on the mic than Swagger. I thought for a second that Miz might have been a contender for MITB at Wrestlemania but when he ended up in a tag match then I knew he wouldn't make it in.

As I've said before, his promo's are great, and more importantly, they make sense. Also when he's slagging another competitor, he's almost always saying stuff that you are thinking about yourself. Some of Legacy's promo's are awful. It's not that they get tongue tied on the mic, it's just the material they are saying is either irrelevant, or uninteresting. I remember seeing Ted DiBiase going on about Orton on Raw recently and part of the promo went along the lines of "Orton will be exposed as arrogant, and self-fulfilling". I can't remember the words exactly, but it was boring as f*** and stuff that the fans wouldn't give two f***s about.

So who's offically a fan of this overrated ladybody? Or who's offically in the "Yes the Jiz sucks club"? If you like him.. Then why? Or if you hate him.. Congrats you offically have good taste and are completely justified in your opinions... Let the sh*tstorm begin lads..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

I'll have no part in this other than to say he is AWESOME.

Plus, if anything HE owns that idiot in the first clip.

chordtype wrote: »
    I'll have no part in this other than to say he is AWESOME.

Plus, if anything HE owns that idiot in the first clip.

Yep, and he never resorted to anything nasty either. The tool i the video deserves scorn really, surely he should be doing with most normal men would do in that scenario.....

Try and get a kiss of Eve. :pac:

Walter you aare so outnumbered here..:pac:

Bandwagoners:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I love the Miz. I don't care that he is hated by internet legend Walter :pac:

the thing I like is his work. He works so hard. He makes each match entertaining and fun to watch. He also stands up for himself which is why he had so much heat in years gone by.

The man improved so much since last year. He has amazing promo ability and even as a heel he can get the crowd behind him by his catchphrase. This lays the foundation for a future face turn. AWESOME!

Who is a better heel? Of course our ladeen Sheamus is fantastic each and every week. Wade is good and makes the Nexus look good. Jericho is hard to hate, Edge is poor since he turned. There is no better heel on Raw.

You can hate the man all you want but he has a big future ahead of him (I don't get the Ken Kennedy idiot vibe off him). He doesn't have change the channel heat.

I love the Miz because he's.......................AWESOME!

• Advertisement

I love the Miz. I don't care that he is hated by internet legend Walter :pac:

the thing I like is his work. He works so hard. He makes each match entertaining and fun to watch. He also stands up for himself which is why he had so much heat in years gone by.

The man improved so much since last year. He has amazing promo ability and even as a heel he can get the crowd behind him by his catchphrase. This lays the foundation for a future face turn. AWESOME!

Who is a better heel? Of course our ladeen Sheamus is fantastic each and every week. Wade is good and makes the Nexus look good. Jericho is hard to hate, Edge is poor since he turned. There is no better heel on Raw.

You can hate the man all you want but he has a big future ahead of him (I don't get the Ken Kennedy idiot vibe off him). He doesn't have change the channel heat.

I love the Miz because he's.......................AWESOME!

Im abusing you on the next Podcast:pac:

Advertisement