Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Time You Had A Hangover ?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Bruises count double (once you can't remember how you got them) and there's a fifty point bonus for arriving home with somebody else's jacket which can be doubled up to a hundred if you have to meet him the following morning to give it back.
    If he has yours and ye exchange bank-cards also, then it's a slam, and you are entitled to claim the rubber and usually the first prize (a Ham).

AMC

Only remember the ones on my ass, selective memory heh

I gona give myself some bonuses for jewellery in the shower not even having been near there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Long long time ago, was probably back in Ireland, got to love the Rheinheitsgebot :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

a few mondays ago after a very very heavy day at the races

i had eyes like a racing dogs bollox on a frosty morning

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

Last Sunday had about 4 cans of Polish beer followed by several Erdingers. Nice piercing hangover.

Karpackie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

I'm not hungover...................just wait until i wakr up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

karlog wrote: »
    just wait until i wakr up

Drinking is no excuse for domestic violence.

I dedicate this one to Frada.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

right now and to make matters even worse, my wife has just said that I woke up last night and pissed all over the bannister and stairs in my drunken stuper :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

karlog wrote: »
    I'm not hungover...................just wait until i wakr up

Someone kill me........................:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

When was the last time you had one ?
    Dont remember exactly, which is either a good or a very very bad sign! Gona go with the moderate ropeyness I felt after a house party last month

What did you drink to attain it, and how much ?
    Naggin of vodka with orange, 3/4 bottles of rekorderlig, many shots of mickey finns and a fair bit of magical pink cocktail that Im pretty sure did the majority of the damage

Where were you when you were drinking ? House party

On a scale of 1 to 10, how bad was it ?
    Im gona go with a 7. Ive had much worse (brandy was involved. Never. Again) and it was mainly the epic tiredness that was killing me (had been out the night before, then in work, went straight to the session and didnt get home til c.6am, had to be up for work again at 7.30am.... OW.

And lastly, what do you do to lessen it the next day? overdosed on alkaseltzer. i love that stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Last Monday after drinking 50% proof vodka in honour of the anniversary of my birth. It was definitely not worth it. That said it wasn't the worst I had. Only a sore head and tiredness for a few hours. In order to cure it, I had a huge fry and a nap, which worked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Have one now.

Got it from drinking carlsberg+JD and coke in my local.

Its about a 5.

Try and sleep it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

God awful worst one I ever had was in November sometime in 2006. I was mad in to the fitness at the time and competing in amateur boxing with an event coming up that Saturday night.
    Unfortunately I had the UCC Engineering ball to go to on Thursday night. In order to make weight for the Saturday I had been eating low carb foods and reduced calorie intake and on that Thursday hadn't eaten since a gym session in the afternoon.
    The compounding effect to my alcohol intake was that my buddy was working in the bar of the hotel and kept dumping free bottles of wine at our table and making singles turn magically in to doubles. So I drank merrily for the whole night.

Next memory I have is of trying to sleep in the doorway of Pluggd Record on Washington St in Cork. My buddy was trying to haul me in to a taxi but he didn't know my address and my directions of "I live near a big tree" weren't exactly informative. I finally made it home although my wallet and keys were not on my person and after hammering the door my old man opened it where i promptly fell face first in and stayed there till the morning.

The next morning I was in the horrors, couldn't keep anything in me and excuse the crudeness but I was making pebble dash on the porcelain occur from both ends of me. I kept trying to eat and to sober up but it wasn't happening and at 6 o'clock had to get on a small minibus to take me up to Maynooth from Cork. I have come to realize, when a hangover is very bad there is no cure other than time. Longest drive of my life but due in part to being dehydrated and venting any substance in my stomach/bowels I managed to make my weight class on the Saturday and won the fight! Wahey!

I have matured now though and try not to get so wasted. Only had one or two hangovers in the past 2 years or so. Its all about control on a night out. The first few drinks will take effect considerably but drinks after that will only slightly raise your drunkenness to the level of stupidity but this comes at a hugely increased change of hangover. Now I have say 3 pints and then have waters with an odd bottle of beer between. Keeps me merry and has me feeling fine at 9 the next morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Auvers wrote: »
    right now and to make matters even worse, my wife has just said that I woke up last night and pissed all over the bannister and stairs in my drunken stuper :o
    I've streaked my bedroom door yellow before, and I have mates that have pissed in the wardrobe, the bedside locker, the inside of a tent, and the cutlery drawer to name but a few places.

Happens to the best of us, lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

4 years ago since i had a hangover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Pace2008 wrote: »
    I've streaked my bedroom door yellow before, and I have mates that have pissed in the wardrobe, the bedside locker, the inside of a tent, and the cutlery drawer to name but a few places.

Happens to the best of us, lad.

indeed :)

thankfully its not a regular occurrence

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

6 months since Ive had a proper hangover. You know the ones where if you move and inch you vomit and you shake violently like Michael J Fox when you stand up.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

When you get over the age of 30 a bad hangover is a two day event

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭lazyQuestions

When you get over the age of 30 a bad hangover is a two day event

lies... happens after 25

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Never, I dont get them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭jackbutler

I don't get headaches, but i do have a queasy stomach

Then i eat a lot, and i'm fine :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Drinking is no excuse for domestic violence.

I dedicate this one to Frada.

Huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Never really have a hangover to be honest. After nights where I drink more than I usually would at worst I'd have a dodgy stomach and a slight slight headache.

Weirdly the time that I got the most drunk I didn't have a hangover. We had drinks on a Sunday evening after coming back up to college after the weekend. At that time we hadn't got as much drink left as we hoped.
    1 part Vodka - 1 part MiWadi - 3/4 parts water. Doesn't taste of vodka.
    We started watching the Inbetweeners, bout 4 episodes in I was merry and the like. The it hit me, ran to the bathroom puking like there's no tomorrow. Locked my self in stupidly, and when I did open the door my roomate and a friend put me into bed. I puked a lil more into the bedroom sink and asked for some water. (Thanks for this lads!), I got water with some frickin' vegetable oil, gulped it down so I did.
    Woke up next morning better than I've felt at times before. But with vegetable oil stains all over my bed, sheets, pillows and floor. Try explaining those stains to mam! :o

Advertisement