Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Time You Had A Hangover ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

Drank a shoulder of JD straight over the course of 5 hours, 2 fingers of whiskey, 2 of water.

Not too hungover, bit of an upset stomach this morning, about a 6.

Had a breakfast roll in the morning, then drove home and lay in bed for an hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭HereNorThere

King Felix wrote: »
    You gotta know when to fold 'em.

Yeah you do... :cool:

Last Tuesday week ago.

Was having a few quiet drinks with the Mrs in the house (Russian Standard Vodka & Coke, with a nice wedge of lemon, lovely.)

Got a call from one of the lads that he was on his way home from fishing, and could he call in.

He landed in, the Russian Standard litre bottle was almost empty by that stage, and he brought a bottle of Olmeca tequila with him.

I used to boke at the thought of tequila, but we managed to slaughter the whole bottle. Had a couple of shots of Bacardi 151 as well, just to make sure we were drunk. Wasn't too pished. Hit the bed at 6am.

Woke up on Tuesday at about 11, bit of a dodgy stomach, had a gaviscon, and was grand. I expected to be in bits though. About a 3.

Sounds like it was fun. How come you didn't invite me?

bluewolf wrote: »
    never :cool:

Yeah right. :p

karlog wrote: »
    I hardly ever get headaches but my stomach is always in bits the next day. Not to mention the smell of my rancid farts.

LOLOLOLOL !!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I never really get proper hangovers, well I've never got sick the morning after or anything.

Had a fair few on Tuesday night though, woke up with a touch of a headache but nothing major, disappeared within half an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

RoadKillTs wrote: »
    Had about 12 pints of Guniniess, 4 JD's n Coke and a few bottles of miller last Sunday down in Wicklow. Was in bits the next day. :(

The hangovers get are getting worse with age.

Ya ask a lot of questions :D

Yup. But the drinkin' becomes more moderately close to home.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Any key?

About two weeks ago in Benicassim....such an unfortunate time to feel like I was dying.
    It was a ten worst hangover of my life but because I was at a festival with a group I just had to go to d gigs no rest for me.....drank water all day still gettin sick at 2am.

Oh god worst hangover EVER.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Last Friday I had possible the worst hangover iv ever had , I headed out Thursday night for a few games of pool and a few pints at 9pm flash forward to 5am and me and my mate are falling home out of the pub plastered drunk , the only reason I know i got home at that time is my parents heard me hic uping my way to bed , the shame of it , didnt get get until 4 o clock friday then went back to bed 15 mins later until 9 , ate a few grapes thats all i could stomach then back to bed at 10 :) that was a blazing 10 out of 10 hangover

• Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭starlit

It was two weeks ago. I had the smirnof cosmo cocktail. Only had half a glass but got hammered! Woke up with a deadly hangover but I have had worse on two occasions the past year! I'd rate around 9 out of 10 but the other rate them 10 out of 10, even 11 out of 10 or 20 out of 20 if that was a possible rating!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

brummytom wrote: »
    I never really get proper hangovers, well I've never got sick the morning after or anything.

Had a fair few on Tuesday night though, woke up with a touch of a headache but nothing major, disappeared within half an hour

The ultimate proof, that regardless of how well you raise them, ye're no match for alcohol Mr. Meehan.

*plays tin whistle and looks for priest to take the blame*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I had the smirnof cosmo cocktail.
    Oh yeah I drank that sh1te once (along with wine and vodka) - it's absolutely disgusting! I was staying at my parents' place that night. A green me staggered to the kitchen about 8am Sunday morning, prompting my alarmed dad to head to the chemist for nausea tablets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

brummytom wrote: »

Brummy you shouldn't be drinking you are under age. What will you be at next , unprotected sex . Act your age . :P :pac:

• Advertisement

In America you have to be 21 to drink legallly. Isn't it 16 in England? Wow!!

What is it in Ireland ? I'm guessing the same as England.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

In America you have to be 21 to drink legallly. Isn't it 16 in England? Wow!!

What is it in Ireland ? I'm guessing the same as England.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Dudess wrote: »
    Oh yeah I drank that sh1te once (along with wine and vodka) - it's absolutely disgusting! I was staying at my parents' place that night. A green me staggered to the kitchen about 8am Sunday morning, prompting my alarmed dad to head to the chemist for nausea tablets.

They taste disgusting at first. Tried it twice with a full glass since as I still have the bottle - it says it has 6 servings. The trick is to shake the bottle, put a drop of orange preferably squeeze from a small orange its sweeter and put a table spoon of sugar. Works a treat! Didn't get too hammered after it and surprisingly enough didnt get a hangover!:cool:

I'm afraid to buy the bicardi mojito! Almost went into a coma after drinking a glass of those yokes one time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Or as soon as you have some facial hair.

Still think that's a bit young though. Am I wrong?

How does that work if you're female ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Still think that's a bit young though. Am I wrong?

To be drinking? I'd say that'd be fairly late in Ireland... most people start drinking in their early teens.

How does that work if you're female ?

Once they have boobs, they'll get served almost anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Was drinking in pubs in Dublin City Centre at 14.

Think there was a girl with us who was 12 or just gone 13.
    Was a different time then though.

Doubt many of those pubs are still around.
    Absolute dives.

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    Was drinking in pubs in Dublin City Centre at 14.

Think there was a girl with us who was 12 or just gone 13.
    Was a different time then though.

Doubt many of those pubs are still around.
    Absolute dives.

I remember sitting on my father's lap when I was 5 and just polishing off his ice cold beer as he watched football. It felt so good after coming in from playing outside all hot and tired. Had my first wine at 12. :o

To be drinking? I'd say that'd be fairly late in Ireland... most people start drinking in their early teens.

I meant legally. But I guess it's the same thing. 18 sounds about right now that I think about it. Depends on your maturity though.

LOL Having them does have it's advantages. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

I remember there was a girl who would get served pretty much everywhere when she was 14 and that was the reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clarke1991

when: last hangover was yesterday

how much: not sure how much i had.. a good bit, was drinking budwiser from 2:30pm to about 3:00am (with a meal in the middle so that helped)

where: at a friends debs in sligo

scale: amm 5ish in the morning? then had something small to eat and im usually alright after that but, just not feeling myself for the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 wagon_repair

When I got home from oxegen this year, 4 days of drinking in a field which consisted of me pissing my pants twice (the same pants)

The sweats were something else I will never forget it, and the dt's that night - Jesus they were messed up

At one point I considered calling the vet to get him over to sort me out with one of those injections they give to put down dogs

10/10 easy

clarke1991 wrote: »
    when: last hangover was yesterday

how much: not sure how much i had.. a good bit, was drinking budwiser from 2:30pm to about 3:00am (with a meal in the middle so that helped)

where: at a friends debs in sligo

scale: amm 5ish in the morning? then had something small to eat and im usually alright after that but, just not feeling myself for the day

I'm kind of contemplating quitting for a while.......

Just a while. ;)

At one point I considered calling the vet to get him over to sort me out with one of those injections they give to put down dogs

LOL!!

Sorry about the shakes though. :(

I'm kind of contemplating quitting for a while.......

Just a while. ;)
    lol just for a wile to let the liver recover:pac:!

lol just for a wile to let the liver recover:pac:!

How'd you know?!! My doc said last week that one of the meds I'm on was too strong for me so it temporarily inflamed my liver. :eek:

Worst backache EVER! Missed a whole week of work. Why I'm so broke right now.

Chain reaction.

im psyco... i mean psycic;) yeah...:cool:

im psyco... i mean psycic;) yeah...:cool:

LOL, what am I wearing right now?

LOL, what am I wearing right now?
    clothes;)!!! oooohh burn:cool: