Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Time You Had A Hangover ?

Options
  • 05-08-2010 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

I am currently nursing a moderate hangover. I had 5 (count them-5 !) bottles of beer yesterday. :eek:

When was the last time you had one ?

What did you drink to attain it, and how much ?

Where were you when you were drinking ?

On a scale of 1 to 10, how bad was it ?

And lastly, what do you do to lessen it the next day?

As for me, was at a friends house and ended up staying the night.
    I usually drink plenty of fluids the next day-Gatorade if it's handy, in order to replace the electrolites. I also take one Alka Seltzer tab (too harsh on the stomach for me), and eat something warm.
    I'd call this one a 5.

Oh yeah, and a nap helps too ! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

I'm still not really sure what a hangover is tbh. Every morning, no matter how many drinks I've had, I've felt groggy, but then in an hours time I've been fine.
    I have woken up one morning, had to spend the next 6 hours beside the toilet in case I threw up. Let's go with that. So last hangover I had was 4 years ago, drank the entire feckin bar on a marina in Spain, it was a 10 and did nothing to lessen it the next day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Had about 12 pints of Guniniess, 4 JD's n Coke and a few bottles of miller last Sunday down in Wicklow. Was in bits the next day. :(

The hangovers get are getting worse with age.

Ya ask a lot of questions :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I've never had one. Maybe tired the next day, but thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,292 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

bluto63 wrote: »
    drank the entire feckin bar on a marina in Spain

http://www.silverbearcafe.com/private/images/pinnochio.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

I had a hangover in May I think.

Wasn't particularly bad.
    That's the last time I think.
    Don't drink much and if I do I usually try to keep it moderate enough.

Had enough of drinking at this stage, getting a bit pissed off with our drinking culture.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭King Felix

When was the last time you had one ? 2 years ago

What did you drink to attain it, and how much ? Budejovicky Beer. Can't remember how much as I blacked out.

Where were you when you were drinking ? Dakota, 4 Dame lane.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how bad was it ? 8 or a 9. The real bad thing was I woke up in a house I had moved out of 4 weeks prviously and for which I didn't have the keys.

And lastly, what do you do to lessen it the next day? I didn't touch alcohol for 18 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭HereNorThere

bluto63 wrote: »
    I'm still not really sure what a hangover is tbh. Every morning, no matter how many drinks I've had, I've felt groggy, but then in an hours time I've been fine.
    I have woken up one morning, had to spend the next 6 hours beside the toilet in case I threw up. Let's go with that. So last hangover I had was 4 years ago, drank the entire feckin bar on a marina in Spain, it was a 10 and did nothing to lessen it the next day

Four years ago is a pretty good track record.

Why were you in Spain ? If you don't mind me asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Last week

Drank 200 pints and rode 12 women, and beat up 4 pro MMA fighters outside supermacs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

snyper wrote: »
    Last week

Drank 200 pints and rode 12 women, and beat up 4 pro MMA fighters outside supermacs

What did you do after lunch ?

RoadKillTs wrote: »
    Had about 12 pints of Guniniess, 4 JD's n Coke and a few bottles of miller last Sunday down in Wicklow. Was in bits the next day. :(

The hangovers get are getting worse with age.

Ya ask a lot of questions :D

Yeah I do lol!! Uhm, I just really like getting to know people is all..... :p:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

two weeks ago

i had a shoulder of vodka and shots at a party
    it wasn't that bad of one though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭FunnyStuff

Hard to say, most mornings i wake up and feel like sh1t without having touched a drop the previous night.

But the one i can remember, friends wedding last October, probably 8 to 10 pints of Heineken.

What did you do after lunch ?

Lost on a points decision to Chuck Norris

I am only human after all

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Usually have a bottle of wine each weekend night, sometimes 2, odd time 3, Can manage 10 - 12 pints of Lager on a night out, haven't had a hangover in over 5 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

About a month ago - friend's birthday drinks in pub, then house. Drank vodka and diet Coke for the night (about 10pm to 3am). Stayed in bed/on couch for the day and just drank water. Couldn't eat til late that evening - chips. It was about a 7/10.

Not the most rock n' roll of soirees I'll admit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

I hardly ever get headaches but my stomach is always in bits the next day. Not to mention the smell of my rancid farts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

[QUOTE=bluto63;67300744]I'm still not really sure what a hangover is tbh. Every morning, no matter how many drinks I've had, I've felt groggy, but then in an hours time I've been fine.
    I have woken up one morning, had to spend the next 6 hours beside the toilet in case I threw up. Let's go with that. So last hangover I had was 4 years ago, drank the entire feckin bar on a marina in Spain, it was a 10 and did nothing to lessen it the next day[/QUOTE]

It's the amount of time between a saviour cup of tea and believing you can hold down a rasher sangich before going again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

2007 :)

King Felix wrote: »
    And lastly, what do you do to lessen it the next day? I didn't touch alcohol for 18 months.

18 months! :eek:

Last week

See rarnes1's link he posted about 4 posts up from yours. :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Lost on a points decision to Chuck Norris

I am only human after all

WORD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Never gotten a hangover. Had a 700 ml bottle of Jameson before I went out last week. Didn't get in anywhere due to my jumper being destroyed in drink. I was a 100 percent though.

Woke up next morning at 10.30 bang on no bother. Only needed a glass of water. The advantages of being young I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭King Felix

18 months! :eek:

It was the last in a series of equally bizarre blackouts.

You gotta know when to fold 'em.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

never :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Dudess wrote: »
    About a month ago - friend's birthday drinks in pub, then house. Drank vodka and diet Coke for the night (about 10pm to 3am). Stayed in bed/on couch for the day and just drank water. Couldn't eat til late that evening - chips. It was about a 7/10.

Not the most rock n' roll of soirees I'll admit...

" Time held me green and dying, but I sang in my chains like the sea"

Any bloke who's not in love with you is a ghey. Except for the gays (who are bein' a bit ghey).

karlog wrote: »
    I hardly ever get headaches but my stomach is always in bits the next day.
    Yeah I get nausea hangovers rather than headache ones. Give me a headache hangover any day - nausea is misery. Although a headache AND nausea hangover... :eek: Got one once - after my godson's christening. Hell.

" Time held me green and dying, but I sang in my chains like the sea"

Any bloke who's not in love with you is a ghey. Except for the gays (who are bein' a bit ghey).
    :eek:
    Jaysus... I'd get teh roide just for describing a hangover I once had...?!

Why did I post that in a Dublin accent?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Last Tuesday week ago.

Was having a few quiet drinks with the Mrs in the house (Russian Standard Vodka & Coke, with a nice wedge of lemon, lovely.)

Got a call from one of the lads that he was on his way home from fishing, and could he call in.

He landed in, the Russian Standard litre bottle was almost empty by that stage, and he brought a bottle of Olmeca tequila with him.

I used to boke at the thought of tequila, but we managed to slaughter the whole bottle. Had a couple of shots of Bacardi 151 as well, just to make sure we were drunk. Wasn't too pished. Hit the bed at 6am.

Woke up on Tuesday at about 11, bit of a dodgy stomach, had a gaviscon, and was grand. I expected to be in bits though. About a 3.

Im going to have another one soon

Tomorrow is my sisters wedding and on saturday im in the Mezz in temple bar for a 30th..

I feel hungover already!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

Over two weeks ago, t'was a combo of beer and funny cigs. Felt a bit icky in the morn and couched the entire day away. I'm off the booze until Sept 15th.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Last time I was drinking, I took a piss down a lane. I didn't see the homeless guy asleep in the doorway & I had so much alcohol in my system, I accidentally killed him alcohol poisoning just from the fumes alone.

I didn't even get a hangover, coz hangovers are for wimps.

Raaaaaaar.

Advertisement