Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Time You Had A Hangover ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clarke1991

nah im male:pac:! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭HereNorThere

clarke1991 wrote: »
    nah im male:pac:! lol

Oh. haha. Guys generally can hold their liquor better. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

The last time i had a hangover was about two months ago. My mate had gotten a keg in for a party, so i made it my duty to make sure it didn't go back to the factory still full. Must have had more than 8 pints of Guinness, plus a few bottles of lager earlier in the night. Got home about half four in the morning, puked my lungs out. Woke up about ten o'clock in the morning, my head felt like it was smacked by a baseball bat. Needless to say the day was pretty ****ty..although a hot shower and some food helped me out. Unfortunately, i couldn't take too much food, as all the throwing up had left my stomach in knots...Needless to say (again) that it was a pretty awesome night :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Had a hangover last Sunday after a family get together, long lost cousins all that jazz....wine, whiskey, everything that starts with a "W" I probably drank it :pac:

Cured hangover by having a good lie-in, followed by a very late fry up. By late I mean, like....nightfall :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

tomorrow morning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭HereNorThere

Barna77 wrote: »
    tomorrow morning

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

The only kind of hangover I get is getting sick, normally get sick every time I drink, then I'm grand straight after. Last time I got sick out was to 'down with the sickness' :cool: Last time I drank I had a fair bit compared to usual but was not sick in the slightest :confused: I ate before and after, maybe that's why.

Do bruises count as hangover, I had plenty of those :P

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

Worse than a hangover is the spins when you lie down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Unpredictable Prediction

JayEnnis wrote: »

Ah when lying down they are great when you still have them waking up the nxt morning they are horrible though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Dudess wrote: »
    :eek:
    Jaysus... I'd get teh roide just for describing a hangover I once had...?!

Why did I post that in a Dublin accent?

Because " teh roide" is almost impossible to spell in a Cark one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭jgr12

Last hangover was New Years, had bought five 750ml bottle of Hoegaarden, thinking I would just drink them slowly over the course of the night and unfortunately plowed through them, then my uncle brought out the whisky, had about five or six fairly liberal glasses of Jameson and stumbled (and slipped and fell) home.

Woke up around 4pm New Years day and all I could do was just lie prone on the couch for the day:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

Trying to stop the room spinning by hanging one leg out of the bed and pressing firmly on the floor to reduce the speed........oh the joys of being polluted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Blarney92

2 weeks ago. Working in London for the summer and got on the guestlist for a really really posh club (The Valmont). Anyways had a load of Double vodka red bulls and somehow woke up at 7am sitting across the river from the London Eye- no idea how i got there. Got the tube home and spent the day in bed. Didn't eat anything till the next night

Probably about a 6/10 though.

clarke1991 wrote: »
    when: last hangover was yesterday

how much: not sure how much i had.. a good bit, was drinking budwiser from 2:30pm to about 3:00am (with a meal in the middle so that helped)

where: at a friends debs in sligo

scale: amm 5ish in the morning? then had something small to eat and im usually alright after that but, just not feeling myself for the day

Gimme a C...

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭babyfratelli_x

Sbout 6 weeks ago in Tenerife...dont really get hungover at all, but after 3 weeks think it all cought up with me.... lasted about 3 days..... not good :(

--LOS-- wrote: »
    The only kind of hangover I get is getting sick, normally get sick every time I drink, then I'm grand straight after. Last time I got sick out was to 'down with the sickness' :cool: Last time I drank I had a fair bit compared to usual but was not sick in the slightest :confused: I ate before and after, maybe that's why.

Do bruises count as hangover, I had plenty of those :P

Bruises count double (once you can't remember how you got them) and there's a fifty point bonus for arriving home with somebody else's jacket which can be doubled up to a hundred if you have to meet him the following morning to give it back.
    If he has yours and ye exchange bank-cards also, then it's a slam, and you are entitled to claim the rubber and usually the first prize (a Ham).

AMC

jgr12 wrote: »
    Last hangover was New Years, had bought five 750ml bottle of Hoegaarden, thinking I would just drink them slowly over the course of the night and unfortunately plowed through them, then my uncle brought out the whisky, had about five or six fairly liberal glasses of Jameson and stumbled (and slipped and fell) home.

Woke up around 4pm New Years day and all I could do was just lie prone on the couch for the day:(

A rock we've all perished on!:o

Ah when lying down they are great when you still have them waking up the nxt morning they are horrible though

If you can lie on the floor without holding on you're not drunk.:)

snyper wrote: »
    Im going to have another one soon

Tomorrow is my sisters wedding and on saturday im in the Mezz in temple bar for a 30th..

I feel hungover already!!

Jaysus man, that could easily meld into one long duurrrty session. Our prayers are with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

About 4 weeks ago. It was when the Germany Spain game was on. As I'm in New Zealand it was on here at 3.30am or something like that.

I went out to a friends birthday party and was only going to have the one. I drank loads of this punch she made, then I drank lots of this midori stuff which was the colour of Shrek. Myself and my friend were very well oiled at that stage and decided to go dancing in town. Went to a late bar in Wellington CBD and drank loads of G and Ts and then ended up doing Tequila shots with some random Irish people we met.

I went to a Sports Bar to my OH who was watching the match and then stumbled to McDonalds where I fell asleep. I got home about 4.3am/5am (very very late for me). Spent the next day puking until about 9pm then started a new job on the monday and still felt nauseous all day.

I'd rate it as a 10. If you get a two day hangover you know it's bad. I don't drink much or go in to town often and it was a biggy :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Probably 2 weeks ago, was out for my 21st. Had about 6 pints of bud, 5 shots of vodka and 4 bottles back at home. Had about 40 fags as well.

Woke up at 11.30 the next day with a very dry mouth, eyes were hard to open, had a headache and neck was sore to move. Would class it as a 8/10.

What i did was went for piss, downstairs to get a pint of apple juice, which i drank 3/4 of and back to bed.

Also, hadn't ate since 2pm the day before as we went paint balling and was in a rush when i got home. So don't drink on an empty stomach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Last Sunday had about 4 cans of Polish beer followed by several Erdingers. Nice piercing hangover.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Yeah right. :p

Apart from being unbelievably tired a couple times, really. Never got the headache or nausea or anything. Not the morning after anyway, did get sick while drinking once or twice :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

i drink too regularly but dont get hangovers easy.

The last time was 2 years ago in Cracow at a stag party. I drank every poison that was put in front of me for three days, driinking from early hours into the next day with only a few hours sleep a night.

I ended up in hospital the day we were going home, heart was beating like a mother fúcker, and i was drifting in and out of consciousness. Got me some free tranquilizers in the hospital to calm me down though for my troubles :D

Found the limitations of my drinking that weekend, i always thought no amount of drink would do that to ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

I've never had one. Maybe tired the next day, but thats it.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clarke1991

Gimme a C...
    prepare for stupid question: amh... i don't get it:confused:?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

bluewolf wrote: »
    Apart from being unbelievably tired a couple times, really. Never got the headache or nausea or anything. Not the morning after anyway, did get sick while drinking once or twice :(

For me my hangover is tiredness. And it was this morning. Oh and it's still going!

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭CJC86

When was the last time you had one ? Yesterday

What did you drink to attain it, and how much ? Let's see, Guinness, some Weissbier, Duvel, White Russian, Mojito, Tequila, some bubbly, Paulaner, another White Russian and another random shot. So, 10 drinks, but I blame the variety rather than the quantity.

Where were you when you were drinking ? Cafe en Seine.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how bad was it ? 5, I'd say. I've been much worse, but my stomach didn't appreciate the mix of drinks.

And lastly, what do you do to lessen it the next day? Isotonic drinks and Alka Seltzer. Stayed away from coffee and food until the afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

When was the last time you had one ?
    Last Saturday
    What did you drink to attain it, and how much ?
    Beer, Mojitos, Jack and coke... multiples of all 3
    Where were you when you were drinking ?
    TGI's, Bruxelles, Coccoon, the Bailey, Lillies
    On a scale of 1 to 10, how bad was it ?
    And lastly, what do you do to lessen it the next day?
    Sex... sweat the alcohol out of you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,076 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I had one last Monday. I drank fourteen cans of Amstel on Sunday evening.

It was about a 7/10. The hangover lasted a long, long time. I woke up and didn't have breakfast, just drank a few cups of tea. Had a shower and that took the edge off the headache.

I had to work, which was a nightmare. It was only three hours but I was falling asleep and messed up on my job a bit. I got away with it though.

Advertisement