Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Undiagnosed circle of hell.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 anodic

I didn't have a name on the method I used but ALA was used to cross the blood brain barrier. It was 3 years ago so I can't remember off the top of my head but McKenna is an excellent doctor. I was at the dentist, McCollam in Kilkenny last week and he said that McKenna is not practicing now due to ill health, I don't know if this is true, hopefully not. I also took selenium, zinc, glutamine, vitamin C, vitamin E, grapeseed extract, chlorella and numerous other supplements but as I said I'd have to look up my notes to remember exactly what I took and when. I haven't returned to McKenna in a long time as I was unemployed for ages and moved to England for work. Remember to take a really good multivitamin for a few months after your DMSA as it strips your body of its minerals and stay on chlorella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Yes, I also saw Bill McCollam in Kilkenny. Great guy and very knowledgeable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 anodic

Lovely, lovely man as is McKenna. He had a list of my symptoms from when I first went to him 3 years ago and went through each one to check how I am feeling now. But he's been through it himself so he knows the story. He replaced all my fillings and did an excellent job and when I went back last week for a checkup everything was still fine thankfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

How you doing dlofnep ?

I've been better. Stabbed myself in the hand the other night, was shooting out blood like a volcano :( Can't use the sauna or go swimming until it's healed. Starting my 2nd round of DMSA today.

• Advertisement

dlofnep wrote: »
    I've been better. Stabbed myself in the hand the other night, was shooting out blood like a volcano :( Can't use the sauna or go swimming until it's healed. Starting my 2nd round of DMSA today.
    :eek:

Err...try to avoid stabbing yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭kangaroo

You shouldn't give medical advice. ;)

I'll keep that in mind. ;)

I was trying to open a tin can, and the tin-opener slipped and punctured my hand. Pretty sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭cltt97

The benefits of eating fresh food are manifold :-)

cltt97 wrote: »
    The benefits of eating fresh food are manifold :-)

Indeed! I finally found a can of soup that I could have, only to be attacked by a tin opener. I had my soup when I got back from the hospital. It was the nicest bowl of soup ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Charcoal doesn't cross the blood-brain barrier, so I can't see it rectifying the problem. It's useful to bind to immediate mercury in the system, for example - when you have an amalgam filling replaced - but beyond that, I can't see any long-term use for it. DMSA and ALA is much more effective in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

Apparently one of the best ways of removing toxic metals from the body coriander/cilantro as it crosses the blood- brain barrier. Doesn't cost the earth either!

http://www.healthdiaries.com/eatthis/cilantro-chelation-therapy-heavy-metal-detox.html

I'm still free from brain fog if I keep away from broadband :rolleyes:

I'll stick with DMSA/ALA. I'm aware of cilantro/chlorella - but I haven't seen any cases where it has restored someone's health completely. I'm using the Cutler protocol and I'm not veering away from it - so I'm happy with what I'm doing.

Finished my 2nd round of the Cutler protocol today. Went very smooth - no problems as such. Updated my blog also.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Would you try bikram yoga?

It is like yoga in a sauna. Amazing for removing toxins from your body. And recleansing and revitalising organs and joints.

Great for the psyche as well - you feel wonderful after it.

I'm ok :) The Sauna is enough - it's the sweating that gets the toxins out. I do a bit of yoga from time to time at home to try and relax a bit more though!

Updated my blog - Round 3 complete of the Cutler protocol: http://rejectmercury.blogspot.com/

Someone smashed your car ??? Man you are having a run of bad luck.

Someone smashed your car ??? Man you are having a run of bad luck.

Yup :( And they drove off. Now I have to pay for the damage cos I don't want to ruin my no claims bonus.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

amdublin wrote: »
    Would you try bikram yoga?

It is like yoga in a sauna. Amazing for removing toxins from your body. And recleansing and revitalising organs and joints.

Great for the psyche as well - you feel wonderful after it.
    I'm ok :) The Sauna is enough - it's the sweating that gets the toxins out. I do a bit of yoga from time to time at home to try and relax a bit more though!

Updated my blog - Round 3 complete of the Cutler protocol: http://rejectmercury.blogspot.com/

Well the bikram removes the toxins via both the sweating and the compression and releasing positions (the compression creates a tourniquet effect and the release floods your body with fresh oxygenated blood thus flushing out toxins).

Plus helps you relax.
    Win win!

Sure why wouldn't you try it at least?!

• Advertisement

amdublin wrote: »
    Well the bikram removes the toxins via both the sweating and the compression and releasing positions (the compression creates a tourniquet effect and the release floods your body with fresh oxygenated blood thus flushing out toxins).

Plus helps you relax.
    Win win!

Sure why wouldn't you try it at least?!

I'm comfortable with the program I'm undertaking. Besides, people might think I'm a bit weird if I start breaking with with yoga positions in the middle of the sauna. I'm sure it's helpful, but I'm fine with what I'm doing. But thanks for the suggestion :)

I'm comfortable with the program I'm undertaking. Besides, people might think I'm a bit weird if I start breaking with with yoga positions in the middle of the sauna. I'm sure it's helpful, but I'm fine with what I'm doing. But thanks for the suggestion :)

:D lol

Oh god I understand you now!!!

No, bikram isn't actually yoga IN the sauna it is "like" yoga in a sauna. Ie. It is a particular type of yoga done in a very hot room. Google it! Check it out! I think you'll like it.

Oh god I was wondering why you were being so dismissive. I must have sounded like a crazy hippy talking about doing yoga in a sauna. So funny!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭cltt97

LOL!!!! Hilarious.... made me laugh a lot. Where do you go for your bikram yoga amdublin? Been thinking of trying it for a while now...

cltt97 wrote: »
    LOL!!!! Hilarious.... made me laugh a lot. Where do you go for your bikram yoga amdublin? Been thinking of trying it for a while now...

I'm still laughing thinking of people watch me do my yoga moves in the sauna :D

I go to Init in Ringsend. But there are classes in Dublin 15, Fairview, Harolds Cross.

I'd really recommend it!

Hey dlofnep

Hows things going ?
    Noticing any changes yet ?

Finished 4th round today - A month on the Cutler protocol now. No changes, but I don't expect to see any until I've introduced ALA. Just lowering the body burden at the moment. Blog is updated also.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 comeon

Ive been researching the whole about mercury fillings for a few months now, ive ordered both andy cutler's and dr hal huggins books.
    My question to you dlofnep is where do you get the DMSA, you cant get it in Irl right? unless i presume you get a prescription which for obvious reasons wont happen.
    So how did you get it? I know you can get it online but id be reticent getting stuff like DMSA and if i do decide to get them removed ill prob have to use less potent detoxifiers like chorella, algin (which comes highly recommended actually) and vit C.
    I prob see McCollam around late October if i do go ahead, does he have a long waiting list?

comeon wrote: »
    Ive been researching the whole about mercury fillings for a few months now, ive ordered both andy cutler's and dr hal huggins books.
    My question to you dlofnep is where do you get the DMSA, you cant get it in Irl right? unless i presume you get a prescription which for obvious reasons wont happen.
    So how did you get it? I know you can get it online but id be reticent getting stuff like DMSA and if i do decide to get them removed ill prob have to use less potent detoxifiers like chorella, algin (which comes highly recommended actually) and vit C.
    I prob see McCollam around late October if i do go ahead, does he have a long waiting list?

I wouldn't bother with Chlorella as little is really known about it, and you can't manage doses correctly like you can with DMSA/ALA. Based on everything I have read (and I have read alot), it is my view that the Cutler protocol (DMSA / ALA ) is the most functional way to go. I buy my DMSA online - most people source their DMSA online - I don't see any problem in it. If you want the place that I buy it from, PM me - The company sends free empty capsules if you need to divide doses which is pretty cool of them.

He doesn't have a long waiting list. Make sure to take activate charcoal everyday you have a filling replaced. It will help. Bill is very aware of the issue.

With regards to chelation - Do buy Andy Cutler's book, and read it thoroughly. Vitamin C will not help you remove mercury according to Cutler - you need something that will cross the blood-brain barrier. But you will have to take vitamin and mineral supplements every day to assist your body with the burden of the detox. These are my supplements.

If you do go with Cutler's protocol, do NOT take ALA until after 3 months of the fillings being replaced. You need to lower the amount of mercury in your body first before you can detox effectively.

Read my blog ( http://rejectmercury.blogspot.com/ ), it will answer alot of questions. If you're unsure about anything in particular, send me a message.

I know I haven't been posting here much, as I've been venting mostly on my blog - but I wan't to give a quick update.

I finished begin my 8th round of the Cutler protocol tomorrow. I've been reading 'Getting the Mercury' out, by Áine Ní Cheallaigh. She's an Irish woman living in New York who cured herself from mercury poisoning by using the Cutler protocol, and wrote a book about her affair.

Everything she has wrote so far is a hit with me. The gluten & yeast intolerance, the ongoing saga on marginal improvements, followed by setbacks. The bowel issues, the brain fog.. It's like reading a book about my life.

Only about a third of the way through, but it's a compelling read so far. Still haven't added ALA to my doses, and still on 12.5mg of DMSA. I've been up and down like a rollercoaster as of late. I'm guessing I'm going through the 'dump phase'. Tonight I passed out at 9pm for about 2 hours. This happens sometimes, where an overwhelming tiredness comes on me and I have to nap.. Not very often, but when it happens I know it's my body telling me something.

I'm keen to introduce ALA - but I will wait until I finish my 12th round. I want to do this right. I have been hitting the sauna everyday almost, and it really helps me and gives me a few hours where I have a little more clarity than normal. Oh what I'd give to be able to think straight and have a clear mind again.

Keeping hopeful, pushing on!

• Advertisement

Disability request was rejected. Got the letter back today. (Which I had submitted back in April - Some efficiency in Ireland, aye?)

It said I did not satisfy the medical conditions for the scheme - of which are that I would be ill for at least a year, and incapable of working. What do I have to be to qualify for it? Shoot myself in both legs, and both arms? They have some cheek. They didn't even interview me. I shall be appealing this.

Advertisement