Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Undiagnosed circle of hell.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Water is boiled, so it doesn't matter. I usually use tap water and boil it to make coffee. I mix 2 large mugs of strong coffee, with 2 mugs boiled water (which has been cooled).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

dlofnep wrote: »

Also bought an enema... Yeah - really cleans you out!! Feels really healthy. :D

Did you buy this on your doctors advice?

amdublin wrote: »
    Did you buy this on your doctors advice?

No, my own research.

Went a bit overboard on buckwheat crackers today. Seem to be able to tolerate them in small doses - but got serious brain-fog and fatigue. Had another coffee enema. Fatigue is faded and brain-fog is probably halved. Crackers are almost gone now, so I'm not going to order anymore. Going to stick to veg & chicken from now on. No more red meat either - my body is incapable of digesting it. Oh man. What I wouldn't give to be normal again.

PS: Sorry if I seem to be moaning alot. Just venting :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Went a bit overboard on buckwheat crackers today. Seem to be able to tolerate them in small doses - but got serious brain-fog and fatigue. Had another coffee enema. Fatigue is faded and brain-fog is probably halved. Crackers are almost gone now, so I'm not going to order anymore. Going to stick to veg & chicken from now on. No more red meat either - my body is incapable of digesting it. Oh man. What I wouldn't give to be normal again.
    It's the worst when you buy something you know is only 99% ok for you as a treat, but then you just convince yourself they're totally ok and eat all of them in one go heh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

My vitimin intake is fine. My room is clean. I only eat fresh foods / meat - I'm intolerant to gluten in anycase. And yes, I've had everything checked. None of the above are contributing factors. I strongly suspect it's an autoimmune disorder.

You say you're intolerant to gluten - are you coeliac? If so do you realise that lots of foods contain small amounts of gluten even though it's not immediately obvious that they would? Also cross contamination is a huge problem. Also it can mean poor absorption of iron.

You need a biopsy to diagnose coeliac disease conclusively - the blood test for it is only an indication and shows up negative in a lot of cases. It took several years for my wife to be diagnosed, with doctors passing her from one to the other.

http://www.coeliac.ie/coeliac_disease/symptoms
    • diarrhoea
    • constipation
    • weight loss
    • chronic tiredness
    • anaemia
    • failure to thrive in children
    • chronic mouth ulcers
    • stomach pain and bloating
    • indigestion
    • bone pain
    • moodiness or depression
    • infertility
    • recurrent miscarriages

professore - you're probably about 2 years out of date :) Thread has progressed since that post. No I'm not coeliac, I'm just gluten intolerant, and yes - i'm aware of the gluten content of all the food I take - which is zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pixie1234

Water is boiled, so it doesn't matter. I usually use tap water and boil it to make coffee. I mix 2 large mugs of strong coffee, with 2 mugs boiled water (which has been cooled).

This is the first time I've posted on boards, but I felt compelled to register so I could add to this thread.

I was taught by a Gerson practitioner in a naturopathic clinic in Dublin how to do coffee enemas, and I highly recommend them as a general, regular detoxing aid (along with the "Liver Flush" procedure detailed on curezone.com).

However, one thing is CRUCIAL - ABSOLUTELY CRUCIAL - you must under NO CIRCUMSTANCES use tap water. Never! The fluoride and chlorine added to it are highly toxic to liver enzymes, and will be rapidly absorbed during the enema. Boiling does not get rid of either of these two poisonous chemicals. You would be better off not doing an enema at all, rather than giving yourself a direct dose of chlorine and fluorine.

You must use a very high-quality filter for your enema water. No counter-top Brita filter will be sufficient. My clinic recommends an in-line filter, but since I am renting, I have bought an EVA filter (see http://www.wisofnature.com/pages/shop/item_detail.aspx?pid=1339), which cost me about 120e from the Hopsack in Rathmines' Swan Centre, and which I would highly recommend. It is the only counter-top filter I've found which removes both the chlorine and fluorine. Distilled water is the best you could use, but I think it's expensive to buy and run a distiller.

Before I bought the EVA filter I used ordinary bottled water. This is contaminated with residues of plastics from having been stored for so long, but since it is chemical-free, it is an intermediary step before buying a good-quality filter.

Also, I feel obliged to mention never to use instant coffee. It is contaminated with highly toxic solvents and detergent. You must use ORGANIC ground coffee. I buy mine regularly from Superquinn, and it's something like 4e per pack (about 5 enemas). You use three heaped tablespoons of this in making the coffee.

As I said, I highly recommend the coffee enema. But it must be made using chlorine-free, fluorine-free water, and organic coffee, for it to be healthy.

I don't mean to preach. It's just that these points were VEHEMENTLY stressed to me. They are absolute pre-requisites. If you buy the pamphlet called "The Little Enema Book" from gerson.org (costs less than 5e for a pdf I think), these points will be even more heavily stressed again.

I applaud you for finding out about coffee enemas. Move to bottled water, and if you plan on doing them long-term, buy a counter-top filter that removes the chlorine and fluorine, such as the EVA, or even better, an in-line filter.

Kindest regards!

Just read back a tiny bit over thread.

This is the way to make the coffee for the enema:

1. Boil one litre filtered or distilled water with 3 heaped tablespoons of organic ground coffee (medium strength is fine) in it.

2. Bring to a rolling boil for 2-3 mins, then allow it to simmer for 20 mins more. This allows unwanted oils and esters to boil off.

3. Either leave to cool, or if in a hurry, the quickest way to cool it is to stand the whole pot in an inch or two of cold water in the sink (think this is called a bain marie!)

Before using, add water to make it up to 1-1.5 litres, and make sure it's body temperature (most importantly, not too hot!). Pass coffee through a sieve to get rid of the coffee grounds (filter paper takes too long). I put a small sieve over the opening of the enema bag just before I fill it, and pour in slowly.

Lie on your right side when taking the enema. Retain it for 10-12 mins, lying on the right side all the while. Some people find this difficult, if so the thing to do is to take it in small amounts at a time, holding each amount as long as you can.

Afterwards, wash out your enema bag with water, preferably warm. Do not use soap or anything else at all. Hang bag over a shower-rail or something similar so that it can drip-dry. This reduces bacterial formation in the bag and tube.

Happy days!

• Advertisement

Thank you pixie for the info, I'll make sure to use bottled water from now on.

Fantastic.

Do look into the EVA too. When I told my naturopath I was stuck for a filter, and using bottled water, he said "that's not great." The EVA is very efficient, and just generally stress-free. I use its water for all my cooking now, too.

I wish you great health. Enjoy the coffees :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Curezone.com.

Pixie, what do you think of that site in general??

I know curezone has some brilliant information, but I can't recommend most of it, simply because I've never tried it.

I can 100% vouch for the Liver Flush and the Coffee Enema, both of which I was informed before I went near the site. The general methods detailed on curezone are basically the same as what I was instructed to do in my clinic.

I also think their procedure of detoxification (e.g. start with a parasite cleanse, before progressing to the next stage, etc), is advisable. This is very similar to the process I underwent. It's fairly standard.

However, I really think that there is no substitute for having a personal assessment done. I can highly recommend my clinic in Dublin, which has another branch in Galway city, and another in Thurles. PM if interested.

I'm just wary of internet advice! So many people saying so many things, and you don't know where they're coming from half the time, to put it crudely. For example, on curezone you will find forums on fasting, which is a method regularly used by my clinic, but which must be supervised, and only undertaken after much preparation. I'd be sorry to see readers of curezone jumping into this powerful procedure without proper guidance.

This is prob all off-topic. Apologies.

But if I can add something: the site I would most recommend for alternative living, basically (along with www.gerson.org), is www.soilandhealth.org. It's a free online library of pdfs. Again, it contains an immense amount of information I've never gone near, but the health section contains out-of-print books by ROSS HORNE that are recommended by my clinic, and which are genuinely excellent, excellent books for anyone to read on health. They are very accessible reads too. No jargon.

Edit: I've just checked soilandhealth.org, and the books I reference are to be found in the "Alternative Medical Therapies" section of the Health Library. There are two by Ross Horne here; I would recommend first reading the second, "Health and Survival in the 21st Century." I can't stress enough how valuable this book has been to me, and all I know who've read it. Downloading and reading this is, in my opinion, an infinitely better use of time than trawling through the depths of curezone!

Hope this answers your question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

pixie1234 wrote: »
    Before I bought the EVA filter I used ordinary bottled water. This is contaminated with residues of plastics from having been stored for so long, but since it is chemical-free, it is an intermediary step before buying a good-quality filter.

Plastics aren't chemicals ???

Plastics aren't chemicals ???

Ah yes, here we go - the beginnings of the most probably futile objection-reaction pattern.

I think you have simply misread what I wrote. However, here goes..

Bottled water is contaminated with residues of plastics. It has no chemicals. By chemicals I mean fluorine and chlorine. Yes, you are correct: plastics are not chemicals. Something which was never stated.

I think I'm outta here! :)

I wish you all the best!

But before I go:

Dear people, be careful! Coffee enemas, liver flushes etc., can easily be misused!

A mis-use or an over-use of enemas can lead to electrolyte imbalance and dehydration and a whole load of other potentially serious problems!

The liver flush is a great and strong procedure but, when done incorrectly, can be greatly upsetting and even temporarily incapacitating! It often causes violent vomiting and debilitating hang-over-like symptoms, even in a guided and regular user such as myself!

Beware of proceeding unguided! It often does not cost much to go to a recommended practitioner to learn how to do these things properly, and to suit your own body and health levels. But find out who to go to! Though, in my opinion, medical doctors (and there are some in my immediate family) have a lot to learn, many well-meaning alternative practitioners have even further to go!

And internet forums can be full of half-baked advice! Diamonds are often found on forums
    buried in trash, in my experience!

Be wary of undertaking, without guidance, the procedures outlined above!!!

I know curezone has some brilliant information, but I can't recommend most of it, simply because I've never tried it.

I can 100% vouch for the Liver Flush and the Coffee Enema, both of which I was informed before I went near the site. The general methods detailed on curezone are basically the same as what I was instructed to do in my clinic.

There's alot of prep into The Liver Flush and the page also has alot of Editor comments pointing out statements found not to be true since the article was written...there was/use to be a Forum connected to it aswell where the chat was the stones were green because they were just hardened lumps of Plant Oil (a part of the flush) and bile mixed/formed during the night in the Liver.

I remember reading someone was meant to try it with a red food dye mixed in with the ingredients to see if the stones were still green, I don't know if it was ever done though. I may look for it...

I'm just wary of internet advice! So many people saying so many things, and you don't know where they're coming from half the time, to put it crudely. For example, on curezone you will find forums on fasting, which is a method regularly used by my clinic, but which must be supervised, and only undertaken after much preparation. I'd be sorry to see readers of curezone jumping into this powerful procedure without proper guidance.
    Cancer Section, I can only imagine the response you'd get from a doctor if you asked about some of the stuff in there. Interesting reads all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Just putting out my experience so take from it what you will. All this discussion of enema's, liver flushes and fasting brought back some memories of what i went through so i may as well say my piece.
    I've been sick now over a decade with M.E./CFS so have gone through and tried many routes.
    I attended an Alternative/Wholistic clinic in a few years ago for said condition. I was very open minded at the time and of course desperate to try anything so i was prepared to give it 100%.
    I guess it all started off pretty OK, changes to diet, supplements and acupuncture. I had a bit of weight on that started to come off and obviously when your eating more healthy you'll feel a little better. Appointments were fairly regular, i think 3 times a week initially and then this tapered off so topped off with supplements you had to take it was very expensive. I guess the first time i got a bit wary was when the owner of this clinic was down to visit his clinic in my town. Im a 6ft male with a slim frame and after shedding 28lbs was now at 154lbs, i remember him coming into the room and telling the practitioner that i had a good bit more weight to loose.
    Then came the enemas and liver flushes, freaked me out a bit at first but anyway i soldiered on and went through them as all that was in my mind was i was going to get better. I don't need to go on a rant but yes there was constant talk of chemicals this chemicals that etc etc. My weight had gone down now significantly to where i was well underweight, the daily diets had barely enough calories for a child. I voiced my concerns at the clinic on numerous occasions but was reassured it would be fine, I looked terrible and felt no different to the first day i went in. I was then told that i would be fasting, can you believe that at 140lbs? Reassured again i continued on attending the appointments, taking the supplements, following the diets and procedures because i was going to get better.
    It had been a few months since i had met up with friends as they live away but when i met them they were absolutely shocked at how i looked. I couldn't understand it, to me they all looked fat and bloated so they were the ones in the wrong, right? We went out that night and it was voiced to me on numerous occasions how concerned they were but i knew what i was doing so i was, fine despite weighing another half a stone less. I was also attending doctors and consultants appointments at this time and all were very concerned about my weight. I have no problem in admitting that at this stage i was completely brainwashed by this clinic.
    Alarms bells should have really rung when i picked up the paper one afternoon and read that the owner of this clinic was in court and fined for giving injections unlicensed to a cancer sufferer. I voiced my concerns again at this clinic and was given the usual medical science doesn't know everything spin.
    About a month later i was on facebook and saw my mate had put up pictures of the night they were down. I was absolutely shocked at what i saw, i literally looked like i was starving myself, which in simple terms is what i was being to do. Protruding jaw line, lollipop head the works i looked brutal an the worst thing about it is i was now another stone lighter at my lowest ever 125lbs. I guess thankfully seeing the pictures was the turning point for me.
    I called into the clinic that day and said that i had had enough and i was not attending any more. They didn't seem that bothered really and it was obvious why, there were plenty more desperate, emaciated and brainwashed people sitting in the waiting room ready to spend all their money and lap it all up.

Sorry to end my post so abruptly but im exhausted after writing that, sorry, so will continue later ...

PM if interested.
    PM sent.

• Advertisement

Not feeling great today. Woke up with a bit of a fever, which usually involves a few days of feeling worse than normal. Have been having gluten-free porridge, with organic milk for breakfast last few mornings. I think I'm going to have to go back to the unsweetened organic soya milk, as maybe the sugars in the normal milk are too much.

Gunna try switch up my diet, getting bored now. Going to try a beef omelette today - Need to start eating meals that are filling. Chicken and veg doesn't cut it.

dlofnep
    sorry i've lost track - what are you currently taking in the way of treatment ?

dlofnep
    sorry i've lost track - what are you currently taking in the way of treatment ?

Oh man...

These are what I have been advised to take from my clinic to aid digestion, and clear candida and fungals and improve my detoxification.

Caprylic Acid
    Grapefruit Seed Extract
    Thiodox
    Sporonax (Anti-fungal Prescription)
    Betaine HCI
    Thiodox (L-Glutathione, N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine and Lipoic Acid)
    Saccharomyces boulardii

And then my own supplements I buy myself, from everything I've been reading over the past 5 years.

Vitimin C
    Milk Thistle
    Chromium
    Lecithin
    Vitimin B-Complex & B12
    Omega 3 oil capsules
    Regucol (Helps bowel movements)
    Probiotics
    Garlic capsules

I drink alot of water, and try make it to the pool everyday for a swim to keep my body fit, and to the sauna to aid the detox process. I do enemas probably once or twice a week anytime I feel clogged up, as I feel really ill unless I clear it out. I do have to take alot of supplements, but I've organised it down to a science when to take them. At first - it was a bit overwhelming trying to manage everything.

I would hazard a guess that I spend on average almost half of my illness benefit on supplements, and the other half saving up for private clinic visits (on account of the HSE taking absolutely no interest in me whatsoever).

I'm pretty much broke all the time. :( But I'm just about managing. I know people are in worse situations than me - so I just have to stay positive and keep on trucking.

So a question
    Are you feeling better since you started all this or worse ?

So a question
    Are you feeling better since you started all this or worse ?

No difference. I am to take them until August, and then to go back to the clinic. After that if I see no improvement, I'm going to begin DMSA to start lowering the load of mercury on my body.

It is kind of disheartening to pump so much into you everyday, but not feel much of an improvement. And it's not as if I'm not trying. I'm doing everything in my power to get well - I swim 40 lengths of the pool, spend 45 minutes in the sauna, take every supplement I'm told and stick to a strict diet.

If it's any help my stool samples revealed the following.

Candida levels were higher than they should be (but from looking at the chart, they could be higher). I still have to get them down - because I know that if I ingest anything with yeast or gluten, I will certainly feel worse - so it is most certainly a problem.

My Secretory IgA is 'abnormally high', which according to the report - indicates an 'upregulated immune response'. The normal range is 51 - 204mg/dL, my levels are 330mg outside.

The sample also stated with regards to short chain fatty acids that my Butyrate was abnormal. There was another section on natural antifungals, but I can't really read it properly. It shows the activity levels for each one, some are high - some, but I'm not sure which is good and which is bad.

The report itself is about 10 pages.

There are a few things I know for certain.

First is yeast + gluten is a no no. I will feel really ill after ingesting it. Second is that poor bowel movements are also a no no. If I keep my bowel movements regular by using regucol and trying to keep my fibre intake good, and stay away from all yeast and gluten based foods - then I will feel about as good as I can possibly feel (which is still shíte im comparison to how someone would normally feel).

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭cltt97

Well, just hang in there. You're making a great effort and you're learning as you're going. I think you need to give it more time. The whole yeast thing can take ages and if your digestive tract needs to heal, which appears to be the case to some extend, it will not happen overnight So I think you need to take a longer outlook, I'd say at least another 3-4 months before you can conclude that it's not working....

I'm trying my best, but I keep getting disheartened. I feel awful today and I have horrific brain fog. I missed the sauna today as I was too unwell to leave my room. If someone offered me 100 million, or my health back - I'd go for my health in a heartbeat. It's such a chore, and I'm very low right now. I'm trying my best to stay positive but I just can't see any light at the end of the tunnel right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭cltt97

Yes, if we could buy our health back we all would... Just stay focused on the progress you have made so far. You have taken control to get better, given up work and embarked on a massive program to get well. You do have times when you're a bit better, so don't forget that. You've found things that work for you, the swimming, the sauna, the enemas... You will get there, it just takes a bit longer than you had hoped, in the meantime you can keep letting off steam here.

• Advertisement

Feeling much better today. Stopped all of the supplements and prescriptions bar the ones I got myself, as I could feel it was too heavy for me. Have some porridge this morning with unsweetened organic soya milk, and went for a swim/sauna.

Feel 10 times better than yesterday. Yesterday was probably one of the worst days in a few months - both physically and mentally.

Advertisement