Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Undiagnosed circle of hell.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

dlofnep what are the units for those figures ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

cltt97 wrote: »
    Are these reference values based on excretion after chelation? (and is there a time period given for this?) I remember you took a urine sample and then another one 4 hours later after takin a chelating agent?
    So don't get too worried straight away, the reference values might be based on normal unchallenged values and may also only apply to urine collected over a longer period of time (usually 24h).
    did they test your original pre-chelation sample also?

Those are the post-chelation samples.

And yes, they tested pre-chelation samples also.

The baseline (pre-chelation) results for mercury and lead were.

Mercury: 0.195 (2.298 after chelation)
    Lead: 0.588 (9.579 after chelation)

dlofnep what are the units for those figures ?

Not sure. I'll ask the clinic when I go back up. Just waiting for blood test results and then I'll be heading back up to them - they've received all the test results for the stomach check, adrenal glands and trace minerals.

Got hit hard today with brain-fog and fatigue. Had to lay down for a few hours. Think it was the buckwheat cereal. I had it with unsweetened organic soya milk. I think it's a no-no for now, so I'm going to go back to scrambled eggs for breakfast. Still not fully recovered from it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

dlofnep wrote: »
    Got hit hard today with brain-fog and fatigue. Had to lay down for a few hours. Think it was the buckwheat cereal. I had it with unsweetened organic soya milk. I think it's a no-no for now, so I'm going to go back to scrambled eggs for breakfast. Still not fully recovered from it :(

I suffer with severe brain fog dlofnep and I've never had a problem with buckwheat. What else was in the cereal?

• Advertisement

Splendour wrote: »
    I suffer with severe brain fog dlofnep and I've never had a problem with buckwheat. What else was in the cereal?

Pure organic buckwheat. I'm going to stay away from it for the time-being, which is a shame because it was a handy snack if I was hungry.

I got some puffed brown rice, seems to do the trick. Only mild brain fog today. Still feeling a bit crap these last few days - a wee bit better today. My doctor was away on holidays last week, so my blood tests haven't been sent onto Drummartin yet. I really want to get back up ASAP so I can begin chelation, and find out the results of the other tests. Sooner I get the ball rolling, the better.

I read this and it felt like this guy was actually writing about my life: http://mercurytalk.com/Stories/Matteo,Brazil/index.html

Amazing how similar all of his symptoms were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

FYI new book out on going through mercury chelation:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1461131774/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=wrigroinabox-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399349&creativeASIN=1461131774

I've not read it but came across it and thought ye might be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 30 newbie4

Newbie, do you have mercury fillings out of curiosity? I'm actually getting a camera to check everything out, just waiting on the appointment.

any news on the scope test

• Advertisement

newbie4 wrote: »
    any news on the scope test

Still waiting :( The wonders of the HSE.

Still waiting on blood test results too btw - one month later. Can't shake this blasted brain fog the past few weeks. It's really hitting me bad. I've not had any yeast or gluten based foods. Low to no sugar. Eating lots of greens, eggs, chicken, organic natural yoghurt.. Lots of vitimin C and other multivitamins. Nothing is really helping :(

Sooner I get these blood test results back, the better - I want to begin chelation ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭dmaxontour

Still waiting on blood test results too btw - one month later. Can't shake this blasted brain fog the past few weeks. It's really hitting me bad. I've not had any yeast or gluten based foods. Low to no sugar. Eating lots of greens, eggs, chicken, organic natural yoghurt.. Lots of vitimin C and other multivitamins. Nothing is really helping :(

Sooner I get these blood test results back, the better - I want to begin chelation ASAP.

Hi Dlofnep,

As far as I know the best, truest way to test for mercury/,etal toxicity is through a "provoked" test (I'm not sure teh exact term, but the important term is provoked).
    Dr McKenna in Naas, mentioned earlier in the thread, used to do this test but has recently retired. I have heard his daughter is now taking over, but I have been unable to successfully trace her.
    The test is done and sent to a UK company called Biolab. You could try contacting them too.
    I fully sympathise with your situation and hope you get it resolved soon.

Good luck.

I've already taken a mercury test. I'm not waiting on that, I'm waiting on blood test results. Thanks for your kind comments. :)

Hi Dlofnep,

Any news with the bloods yet?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

folks:

We're nervous, with good reason (trust us) about the discussion of individual doctors and practices on thread. I really don't want to have to step in and start editing posts etc - please try to show a little discretion, and maybe for substantive reviews use the PM system. You'll have to trust me when I say this isn't about censorship or anything like that, it's about avoiding complicated and damaging legal issues. No-one has done anything wrong or anything yet, this isn't a mod rebuke, but now we all know where we stand.
    thanks.

That's understandable tbh :)

dmaxontour - I rang Waterford Hospital yesterday - they didn't know who to send the bloods onto, so I passes them on the clinic's address and they said they'd send them out today :) Will give you an update when I speak to the clinic again.

Right some updates.

Was back up in the clinic yesterday. Some of my blood tests weren't sent up from Waterford Regional Hospital, so I have to get them done again. bit of a nuisance. Stool sample demonstrated a few things.

Some parasites (Dienmatoeba fragilis)/fungus is present. Sectretory IgA is abnormally high, which from what I understand - is the stomach's first line of the defense. High values indicate antigenic presence - so it's overloaded trying to fight off a poorly managed stomach I assume. Some other results were also abnormal, (Short Chain Fatty Acids/Butyrate) - further indicating gut problems.

I'm on a sugar-free, all natural diet for the next 2 months - and a prescription + supplements to kill fungus, improve gut function. So I'm going to try this and see how I am after the 2 months - if no improvement, will look at the high mercury levels and begin chelation. He said it's best to get the gut and natural detox sorted first before ever beginning chelation.

Have to drive to Dublin now tomorrow for Blood tests - Some chore, but has to be done. WRH is too incompetent to do them.

Fingers crossed.

Also - I joined the local gym, where I go swimming + sauna twice a day. I do this on top of 3000MG of vitamin C, to try and push any toxins out of my body.

Have the fridge stocked up with Organic pro-biotic natural yoghurt from Glenisk. There are quite nice. Mixed them with flax-seeds to help bowel movements. I have them with sugar-free buckwheat crackers, with organic butter. No reaction off of either of them - so they are a nice tasty snack to keep me going through the day!

Also bought an enema... Yeah - really cleans you out!! Feels really healthy. :D

I have to say, the swim and sauna twice a day really helps lifts my spirits. Glad to joined the gym. I can at least stay in shape at a manageable pace now with swimming.

That's about it. Will update soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

The Old MacDonnells Farm Yoghurts (Strawberry one:)), you can get it in Dunnes is a nicer functional probiotic yoghurt.

Sugar-free diets are hard to stick to, any food with starch gets turned into sugar.

Candida Diet.

Staying clear of flavoured yoghurts as they have extra sugar. The Glenisk ones work grand :) Sugar free diet is easy for me, as I've been on it a while anyways - just adding supplements now.

Back from Dublin - was up getting blood tests. Tired now - gunna drag myself down to the pool and go for a swim + sauna.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the update. Must be good to feel you are (hopefully) moving forward. I hope the natural diet brings you back in balance. And good on you for the swimming. That's a great exercise. nice and chilled.
    Any noticable benefits from the enema? Is it an easy DIY?

dmaxontour wrote: »
    Thanks for the update. Must be good to feel you are (hopefully) moving forward. I hope the natural diet brings you back in balance. And good on you for the swimming. That's a great exercise. nice and chilled.
    Any noticable benefits from the enema? Is it an easy DIY?

It certainly helps movement. It's pretty straight forward. Lube, insert, turn on water gauge, lay on your side, and wait for discomfort :)

Feeling under the weather past 3 days :( Heavy brain fog, and generally feeling poor. Wanted to lay back and watch a movie, but fog is too heavy to concentrate. Sucks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

Feeling under the weather past 3 days :( Heavy brain fog, and generally feeling poor. Wanted to lay back and watch a movie, but fog is too heavy to concentrate. Sucks :(

You have my sympathies dlofnep, I know that brain fogged/flu like feeling only too well. It's been my almost constant companion for the past seven years.Hope your head clears soon.

Went swimming today and sauna for a little bit. Feel a bit better today. I think sauna is a must for me on a daily basis at the moment.

Went for a swim this morning, sauna - and when I got home I did a coffee enema for about an hour.. Not sure if it was placebo or what - but I certainly felt noticably good after it. I had a shave, and a shower - ironed my clothes and made the best of it, feeling good about myself. Went back tonight for another swim and sauna.

Brain-fog is hitting now though - luckily enough it's late at night, so I can just go to sleep.

Woke up this morning - Was supposed to head off to the Gaeltacht for the day, but had to cancel. Was feeling terrible. Right side of my back felt a bit tender too the past 2 or 3 days - I'm guessing that might be my liver trying to cope with removing all the toxins, from all the supplements I'm on?

In anycase, I had a coffee enema and drank a pint or so of water, along with some milk thistle. Should hopefully help. Feeling a bit better now after the enemy. Brain has a little more clarity - had heavy brain fog before it. Still mild fog, but not as bad as it was.

Going to hit the pool in about an hour for a swim and then hit the sauna to try help the liver a bit more.

I have to say - eating healthy, drinking lots of water, and swimming/sauna has really helped me from a fitness point of view. I've lost a good stone, and toned up alot!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭cltt97

I am no expert, but if your liver was sore I would have thought you'd feel it more in the front. It sits halfway under your rib-cage on the right side, so whatever is sore on the back might be something else. Anyhow, you should probably get that checked out by a doctor. Get a liver and kidney function test. I'm not sure what supplements you're taking, but these can actually cause you harm as well if you're taking too many in too high a dosage. If it is indeed your liver that is tender, that would be a sign that the organ is not coping for whatever reason, so I would not look at this as a good sign that there is good detoxification going on!

I'll ask my doctor monday to take some blood tests just to be sure. Maybe it was my kidney if liver is more to the front. Seems to have subsided now for the time-being in anycase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭cltt97

Was also meant to ask about those enemas - are you using filtered or distilled water for these?

Advertisement