Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-order Pokémon Black/White Japanese Version

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Received the following reply from yesasia:

I was expecting that reply :(
    :(:(:(:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

:'(

Although I have the league to look forward to tomorrow! Also have a surprise to show everyone :D

:'(

Although I have the league to look forward to tomorrow! Also have a surprise to show everyone :D
    I'll pretend I didn't see your Facebook then :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I'll pretend I didn't see your Facebook then :p

*goes to Facebook*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'm never putting anything on Facebook again :P

• Advertisement

ok we we know that pokemon black and white are DSi Enhanced is there any place in limerick i can bring my dsi and they do somethnig to it so the game will work on a dsi ?????????????

ok we we know that pokemon black and white are DSi Enhanced is there any place in limerick i can bring my dsi and they do somethnig to it so the game will work on a dsi ?????????????
    Short answer, no

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

A word of warning to those who are thinking of importing the japanese game :
    Learning to read Hiragana is NOT as easy as learning to read Unown.

It never occurred to me what a disadvantage it would be not knowing what Pokemon a trainer was about to bring out so you could counter it...

Edit : Is it me or does the lead 'Mon now get more XP (about 50% more) than the ones you switch in? Handy for training up.

Banjo wrote: »
    A word of warning to those who are thinking of importing the japanese game :
    Learning to read Hiragana is NOT as easy as learning to read Unown.

It never occurred to me what a disadvantage it would be not knowing what Pokemon a trainer was about to bring out so you could counter it...

Edit : Is it me or does the lead 'Mon now get more XP (about 50% more) than the ones you switch in? Handy for training up.
    It brings back the whole fun element of the game IMO. If you really wanted to work out what the opponent is sending out, just seach here for the symbols that come near ポケモン on the screen.

You'd be surprised what you learn after a while メロメロ is Attract, but is also used for love/gender in the descriptions.

EDIT: Exp gain is handled differently, I'm not sure how, but I know a 'mon with Exp Share who has been in battle gets more exp that any other Pokémon in the battle

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

It brings back the whole fun element of the game IMO. If you really wanted to work out what the opponent is sending out, just seach here for the symbols that come near ポケモン on the screen.

You'd be surprised what you learn after a while メロメロ is Attract, but is also used for love/gender in the descriptions.

EDIT: Exp gain is handled differently, I'm not sure how, but I know a 'mon with Exp Share who has been in battle gets more exp that any other Pokémon in the battle

Or alternatively you could put the change the battle style from shift to set because it makes the game so much faster and more challenging...but i suppose its challenge enough playing it in japanese :)

• Advertisement

I emailed yesasia again there yesterday as I still didn't get the game. They replied to me today with this:
    Dear Valued Customer,
    Thank you for shopping at YesAsia.com!
    Since you have not yet received your shipment for your order, we will initiate a reshipment for the order. The original shipment may be lost due to customs or postal issues. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
    To reduce the chance of lost shipments, kindly provide your shipping address once again so we can arrange the reshipment immediately.
    We would make a prompt follow up reshipment arrangement upon receiving your reply through our Customer Service link.
    Once again, thank you very much for your continued support of YesAsia.com.

Should you have any further inquiries, please refer to our Help section for assistance.

So they're going to re-send it :D Hurray!

I emailed yesasia again there yesterday as I still didn't get the game. They replied to me today with this:

So they're going to re-send it :D Hurray!
    If it makes you feel any better I'm waiting on a cheque to be resent are it cost lost in the post :/

Advertisement