Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-order Pokémon Black/White Japanese Version

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Think positive thoughts, Monday it will come, Monday it will come! I will think the positive thoughts too, by our powers combined it will come!

It will, it will!!

Oh btw, is it working on your DSi, or will we have to use our lites and phats?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

It will, it will!!

Oh btw, is it working on your DSi, or will we have to use our lites and phats?
    It's gotta be Phats and Lites. When you put it into an iDS it says "there is no game inserted into the DS game card slot"

iDS fail

I've managed to nab:
    498.png&501.png& 570.png

off the Japanese BW GTS. I got a male and female Zorua. I'm working on getting females of the Wotter and Firepig. Starters for everyone!

@Atavan-Halen: Did it come? I bet it came, it's defiantly waiting for you. It's totally waiting for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭El Nick

I got a male and female Zorua. I'm working on getting females of the Wotter and Firepig. Starters for everyone!

Female Wotter (<sotto voce>Sad Clown) here! Could start doing some experiments with breeding if required... I know no spoilers in this thread, but can I take it you've finished, Buzz? I'm only around ten hours in right now...

El Nick wrote: »
    Female Wotter (<sotto voce>Sad Clown) here! Could start doing some experiments with breeding if required... I know no spoilers in this thread, but can I take it you've finished, Buzz? I'm only around ten hours in right now...
    I'm not finished yet, I'm only about 27 hours in and got 7 badges. I took a detour and went exploring last night and discovered the breeding center now took two Pokémon (previously took one) and off I was making babies! ;p

• Advertisement

I took a detour and went exploring last night and discovered the breeding center now took two Pokémon (previously took one) and off I was making babies! ;p

Oooh interesting. I had assumed the daycare center took two Pokemon by default. Might wander back there at some stage and check.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

@Atavan-Halen: Did it come? I bet it came, it's defiantly waiting for you. It's totally waiting for you!

No not yet :( I'm waiting on like 3 things in the post and nothing is arriving! Maybe the postman hates me right now or something :(

I found this on the Serebii Forums while looking for a guide to the Pokémon Global Link.

IF YOU HAVE ALREADY MADE AN ACCOUNT:
    Either refresh your browser or exit and re-enter the internet and your account from the Daisku Club should show up on the bottom of the page. I didn't and now I have two accounts and linked my game to the wrong one :pac:
    yaminokame wrote: »
    Okay, I've added registration stuff:

maine.png
    After you receive the C-Gear from Makomo, you can receive your Game Sync ID through the start menu. The menu should possibly look like follows:

Continue
    New Game
    Mystery Gift
    Battle Competition
    Game Sync Settings
    Wi-Fi Settings
    Microphone Test
    Use Transfer Machine

Choose ‘Game Sync Settings’ (above Wi-Fi settings) and your Game Sync ID Code will be displayed in a box on the top screen. When registering for PGL, use this code to register your game with your account.
    findinggamesyncidcode.png
    When entering Global Link through http://www.pokemon-gl.com/ you will be required to sign-in using your Pokemon Daisuki Club account. Signing in/registering is at the bottom of the main screen.
    When registering a new account, either press the orange new member registration button located in the bottom left of the main screen as seen above, or click here to skip to the member rules page. This should bring you to the following page where it will ask you to understand a little bit about the PGL and accept their terms of use. Just click the box and when the button turns from grey to orange; press it.
    createaccount.jpg

Now you will be asked to type in your email, confirm your email by typing it in again, password, PGL nickname, gender, date of birth, location, whether you want the mail magazine or not and what type of format you would like the mail magazine to be in. Please keep in mind that your date of birth and gender can't be changed after you create your account. Below is an example of filling this section out:
    17784424.png

Next you will be asked to confirm that your information is correct so that you can finalize making your account. Your daisuki club ID should be sent to your registered email address so that you can login. When all your information is correct please press the orange button like in the image below:
    16933921.png

When signing in finally you will use the member ID you got through your email and your password:
    58441289.jpg
    Once you return back to the main menu you will then be asked to create a PGL Nickname (keep in mind that it does NOT have to be the same as your daisuki club name that you registered earlier) and then register your Game Sync ID. To find out where the Game Sync ID is, please see the above section "finding game sync id." The layout should look like this:
    gamesyncidregistration.png

Type in the information above, hit the black button to register and then you will be asked to confirm the registration information.

Once logged in you have a few choices you can pick from. There will be 5 pokeballs that rotate when you click on them, they are; blue, orange, green, red and pink. Blue is the Pokemon Dream World, orange is your profile page, green is a mailing feature, red is customizing your game and pink is the Global Battle Union.

Pokemon Dream World (PDW) (Blue)
    [spoil](temporarily out of service)
    [/spoil]
    Profile Page (Orange)
    [spoil]
    profilel.png
    Clicking on profile will bring you to a screen boxed into six sections with three section with three on the top and three on the bottom with two tabs separating the top from the bottom. Going in the order from left to right, the top sections are, profile section, software section, friend list section, status section, sleeping pokemon section, befriended pokemon section.

1) Profile Section
    There are two button at the top of this section called ‘Avatar Settings’ (1.1) and ‘Profile Settings’ (1.2) respectively. Avatar Settings allows you to change your avatar as shown in the left hand side of that section. Pressing ‘Profile Settings’ will bring you a popup window that gives you the choices Profile Privacy, Register Game Sync ID Code and Block List from top to bottom. Clicking on Profile Privacy allows you to change two privacy settings, from top to bottom you have profile privacy and game friend list privacy. To switch between the levels of security you have to switch the bottom options which from left to right are ‘show to all users,’ ‘show to friends,’ ‘don’t show.’ Choosing the second option will bring you to your Game Sync ID Code registration. Keep in mind that once you register a Game Sync ID with your account, you cannot change the registered ID later. Users are allowed to register a total of two Game Sync IDs, one for Black and one for White. Switching between two registered games happens here as well. Once you have put a Pokemon to sleep in your game, type in your Game Sync ID Code here for it to register with PGL. You are only allowed to register one Pokemon Black and one Pokemon White at max for one account.

2) Software Section
    This section tells you the game your playing and the details about it. Switching games is possible by clicking on Profile Settings on the profile section. From top to bottom this section displays your game, trainer name, play time and number of badges earned.

3) Friend List Section
    A list of your friends

4) Pokemon Dream World tab
    It will display sections 6, 7 and 8 on the bottom half of the screen.

5) Global Battle Union tab
    It will display sections 9, 10 and 11 on the bottom half of the screen.

6) Status Section
    Shows your status in the Pokemon Dream World (PDW). From top to bottom this section displays your number of dream points, sleep time, and a picture of what your home looks like.

7) Sleeping Pokemon Section
    This shows which Pokemon you currently have sleeping on your game.

8) Recently Befriended Pokemon Section
    This shows you which Pokemon you have befriended while using PDW for the selected game.

9) Battle Scores
    Tells you a summary of your battle record.

10) Competition History
    Tells you how well you have done in past tournaments held through GPL.

11) Favorite Battle Videos
    Type in the number for battle videos you like.
    [/spoil]
    Mail (Green)
    [spoil]
    mailx.png
    Receive and send mail to people on your friend's list using this feature.
    [/spoil]
    Customize (Red)
    [spoil]
    customize.png
    Clicking this option will bring you to a page with three sections of possible customization. From top to bottom they are C-Gear Skins, Pokedex Skins, Musical Program. Click on the design of your choice in each section to change your ingame appearance. Effects take place next time you connect your game with Global Link. To accept changes, press the orange button at the bottom.
    [/spoil]
    Global Battle Union (GBU) (Pink)
    [spoil]
    gbu.png
    At the bottom left of this section is the 'Ranking' feature, which is a record of how well you are doing when playing 'Ranking' Wi-Fi battles in your game. To the right of the ranking option is the 'Competition Information' button, which shows GPL competitions that have taken place and ones that are presently going on. By pressing the black 'Details' button on the right side of the screen, you can see a more detailed description of your battle results whether they be for Wi-Fi ranking single, double, triple, shooter or rotation battles.
    [/spoil]
    Ongoing Campaigns
    [spoil]
    campaigns.png
    You can see the list of current ongoing campaigns by pressing the orange campaign list button at the bottom right of the main screen. The current two campaigns are

1) Pikachu C-Gear Skin Campaign
    2) Pokemon Pia Kanto Starter Campaign

When you click on a campaign, you will be brought to another window that asks you to put in passwords to receive the prizes. The Pikachu C-Gear Skin Campaign password should be:

ゆめのせかい

so copy-paste that into the textbox and hit next to add it to the available C-Gear Skins on the customize page.
    [/spoil]

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

So tired...
    ...tired of waiting....
    ....tired of waiting for yoooooooooouuuuuuuu

*cuddles cheesecake photo of beswimsuited Smugleaf*
    Ah maybe next week it'll be here...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Banjo wrote: »

whut...?

• Advertisement

I swear officer, I thought she was evolved!

Maybe I'm letting my pining get out of hand. It's only a game cart, it's only a game cart....
    I think I see the post man - I have to go!

Edit : nope... still no sign....

So tired...
    ...tired of waiting....
    ....tired of waiting for yoooooooooouuuuuuuu

Ah maybe next week it'll be here...

You're still waiting too? :(

It'll be 14 working days next thursday....oh please be tomorrow!

Wow, you guys are still waiting?! That's madness! Have you emailed Yesasia about this delay?

When you do get your games, give me an order for the other starters and I'll breed them up for you. I hope your games come soon, the Victini event ends, next week I think.

EDIT: I hope we get these pretty boys in Europe
    BW_DSi.jpg

If I'm completely honest I didn't so much pre-order as order last week. But I felt sorry for A-H, didn't want him to feel so lonely and put upon so I joined in with the pining...

If mine gets here first I may have just made things worse :)

If I'm completely honest I didn't so much pre-order as order last week. But I felt sorry for A-H, didn't want him to feel so lonely and put upon so I joined in with the pining...

If your game comes before Avatan's then give him yours while you wait for his to arrive and then play his :p

Wow, you guys are still waiting?! That's madness! Have you emailed Yesasia about this delay?

When you do get your games, give me an order for the other starters and I'll breed them up for you. I hope your games come soon, the Victini event ends, next week I think.

EDIT: I hope we get these pretty boys in Europe

No point in emailing them yet as their site says it can take up to 14 working days for delivery. It's only been about 10 so far :(

And good god those are fabulous! If there ever was an excuse to import a jap DSi to play black or white, that's it!!

Aw thanks! But I'll have to kill you if yours arrives first :P
    If your game comes before Avatan's then give him yours while you wait for his to arrive and then play his :p

Brilliant idea :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Slightly odd question, do B&W make much use of the L & R buttons? If it won't work on my DSi, I might still be able to play it on my broken Lite with the wonky shoulder buttons..

elekid wrote: »
    Slightly odd question, do B&W make much use of the L & R buttons? If it won't work on my DSi, I might still be able to play it on my broken Lite with the wonky shoulder buttons..
    Only in PC storage, but you can easily use the touch screen or press the Dpad to make selections. I'm playing my game on a DS Lite with a non responsive L button and dodgy touch screen that constantly needs to be dusted around the edges and calibrated a lot.

If you are going to be Soft Resetting it might come into play then, but flicking off he power and booting up the game takes about the same time as SRing and selecting no C-Gear.

That's good to know as the r button on my DSi doesn't work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I think there's one thing we all have in common: at least one of our shoulder buttons doesn't work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Thanks, good to hear that the wonky shoulder buttons won't stop me. Looks like I'll be picking up a copy of White after all :)

They should really put icons on DS Game boxes for wonky shoulder, dead mic, mucked up touchscreen etc (like the Wii has for Nunchuck, Wifi, PAYG etc) so I don't accidentally buy both Zelda games and find I can only play the first 10 minutes before I get stuck... or at least a $5 voucher for DealExtreme in every box :)

They should really put icons on DS Game boxes for wonky shoulder, dead mic, mucked up touchscreen etc (like the Wii has for Nunchuck, Wifi, PAYG etc) so I don't accidentally buy both Zelda games and find I can only play the first 10 minutes before I get stuck... or at least a $5 voucher for DealExtreme in every box :)
    If your Mic is dodgy you could always buy a plug in mic from Game stores for a fiver :p

Atavan, please tell me yours has arrived so I can take the cellophane off this delightful dispatch from the orient :D

Edit : I lost control.... I was weak.... on the plus side I still remember the katakana characters that spell "Akira" :)

Can anyone tell me what the 2 slips of paper that come with it are? There's one for what I assume are japanese Nintendo points, then 2 that are advertising pokemon websites or something....

Atavan, please tell me yours has arrived so I can take the cellophane off this delightful dispatch from the orient :D

Nooo :(

I'm actually going to send them an email now, even though it hasn't been the full 14 working days they say can take for delivery.

For reference, I ordered Pokemon Black (it had the white legend so I figured it would be this generations "gay one" and therefore more likely to be in stock) and it shipped monday of last week.

Yeah I ordered White and I think the others got Black too so there could be some stock issues with White.

Edit : I lost control.... I was weak.... on the plus side I still remember the katakana characters that spell "Akira" :)

Can anyone tell me what the 2 slips of paper that come with it are? There's one for what I assume are japanese Nintendo points, then 2 that are advertising pokemon websites or something....
    Bear in mind I can't read Japanese, but my guesses on all the random slips of paper are:

Yellow Paper- How not to charge your iDS
    Small White Paper - Club Nintendo Points
    Wii booklet - Basic Wii package info (same as here)
    Orange Paper - Step-by-step info on the Victini event
    Nintendo Wi-fi Connection booklet - self explanatory there
    Manual - self explanatory there

And because the last slip has a lot of info, I'll do it page by page:
    Page with all the legendaries - it's information on the Pokemon Popularity Contest. This is an online vote for the most popular Pokemon. The winning Pokemon will appear in the Dream World.
    Inside spread - Mine seems to talk about Pokemon White version, the White Forest and Zekrom. I have Black, so this part might be different for owners of White.
    Back Page - this is talking about getting the Sinnoh starters in the Dream World and they will have new abilities. You can only find them by entering a code found only in the new Trading Card Game boxes.

I can't read Japanese, but I've pretty much memorised the artwork with the events. I'd love to be able to read Japanese though.....

Yeah I ordered White and I think the others got Black too so there could be some stock issues with White.

I ordered White and received it without issue, which I guess doesn't *disprove* your theory. But it might be useful to know that some copies of White went to Ireland...

• Advertisement

Received the following reply from yesasia:
    Thank you for writing to YesAsia!

Upon checking, we have shipped out your order from our warehouse on Sept 20 already.They’re maybe possible customs clearance and postal delay. If you did not receive the package as yet, may we kindly request you to wait until Oct 18.
    Meanwhile, your patience in this matter will be greatly appreciated. May we have your kind patience to wait for a couple of days more to receive the captioned order.
    Please do not hesitate to contact us if you did not receive the package by the date specified. We will be pleased to provide further assistance upon receipt of your reply.
    Once again, thank you very much for your continued support of YesAsia.com.

I was expecting that reply :(

Advertisement