Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-order Pokémon Black/White Japanese Version

Options
  • 05-08-2010 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

I mentioned this at the last Pokémeet. For anyone planning on importing Pokémon Black/White versions this would be the collection of the best prices online.

I'll start the Pokéball rolling with:

Yesasia.com Cost: €42.03 Shipping: Free
    Play-Asia (Black Version) Cost: €49.62 Shipping: $5.90

Anyone else found cheaper prices?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Amazon.co.jp works out at about €34 with free shipping.

"Oh no!" You say "Amazon don't ship outside Japan!" Well that's where this comes in handy. You sign up for free, they give you a japanese address and then they send your stuff out to you for a small fee! Not sure how much it is but still might be another euro cheaper :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

It's not out here untill January is it?I was hoping they'd release it for xmas,tempted to order one from Japan alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

I'm not gonna order one in a language I don't speak. I like the stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

storm2811 wrote: »
    It's not out here untill January is it?I was hoping they'd release it for xmas,tempted to order one from Japan alright.

I think it's more along the lines of Easter in English

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭El Nick

I mentioned this at the last Pokémeet. For anyone planning on importing Pokémon Black/White versions this would be the collection of the best prices online.

Why are you doing this to me? I honestly thought I could wait until next year, and then all of a sudden I was on the YesAsia site thinking "it's not *that* much"...

• Advertisement

El Nick wrote: »
    Why are you doing this to me? I honestly thought I could wait until next year, and then all of a sudden I was on the YesAsia site thinking "it's not *that* much"...
    It works out the same as it would over here, and Yesasia does free (if you spend over €20 or so) shipping. They ship really fast too, we ordered Diamond and Pearl Americian versions and they arrived within a few days of release.

There's a few benefits to getting a Japanese copy:
    • You'll get to play though the game first :P
    • You'll gain access to the Japanese Wi-fi events, so no more waiting 3 years to get the rare 'mon
    • You'll have no idea what the natures are, so it will keep the game fresh
    • You'll have 'mon traded and ready to rip though the Elite Four when an English copy is out
    • All your 'mon will be Japanese, so you'll always have something for the Masuda Method
    • The text speed is MEGA fast

Of course this is balanced out by:
    • Not understanding a bloody thing and spend 6 hours doing a simple quest for NPC
    • Needing to use an online guide to navigate the game
    • Not knowing that deleting れいとうビーム for なきごえ was a bad move and you are now stuck with it (that's Ice Beam for Growl)

On a side note Amazon.co.jp seems to have stopped selling/pre-ordering at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

A little OT; reckon they'll release the EU and American versions at the same time? I'm tempted to just import again.

Craguls wrote: »
    A little OT; reckon they'll release the EU and American versions at the same time? I'm tempted to just import again.
    Uknown at the moment, but with the main pages at Pokemon.com and other Euroland updating with the same rough release time of Spring 2011, it looks likely.

By the way DON'T IMPORT an American version!!! You can't compete in the VGC Euro legs if you have an American copy of the game. Be a sport and increase Ireland's chance of winning at VGC 2011.

Uknown at the moment, but with the main pages at Pokemon.com and other Euroland updating with the same rough release time of Spring 2011, it looks likely.

By the way DON'T IMPORT an American version!!! You can't compete in the VGC Euro legs if you have an American copy of the game. Be a sport and increase Ireland's chance of winning at VGC 2011.

I may just wait then if Heart gold and Soul sliver are anything to go by the release windows have gotten far far shorter than they were in the old days.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mcginleyireland

Pre-orders have gone passed 1 million. How many did you order and how long has it been since one could pre-order?
    http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Black_and_White_game_pre-orders_reach_one_million

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Be a sport and increase Ireland's chance of winning at VGC 2011.

If the VGC qualifiers are even a month past the release, that's plenty of time for any of us to get a great team together anyway. And they were when, like May this year?

Urizen wrote: »
    If the VGC qualifiers are even a month past the release, that's plenty of time for any of us to get a great team together anyway. And they were when, like May this year?
    Late May timeish. We'll know the updated rules in December when Japan has WCS (their version of VGC). My guess is on Triple Battles, with Ubers allowed *rolls eyes*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I hope it's not triple battles, no restrictions, off you go :)

How would one even prepare for that?!

On another note, Amazon.co.jp are taking pre-orders again

I do wonder how the introduction on 3 on 3 will effect the tiers. We'll probably end up getting a second set rating pokémon for their support skills which would probably be the best thing for the metagame. I wouldn't mind seeing a lot of the unused pokémon such as Clefable getting a new moveset which makes them useful in competitive gaming.

I'd assume they will bring in new moves for old Pokémon :) Whether they'll be good move sets or not, we'll have to wait and see :P

Might pre-order tonight so just wondering if anyone has pre-oredered, what colour did you get? I've no preferance but would like to get the other colour to what people have pre-ordered, if that makes sense. So if you ordered White, I'll get Black :)

Craguls wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind seeing a lot of the unused pokémon such as Clefable getting a new moveset which makes them useful in competitive gaming.
    You've obviously not used Magic Guard to it's full effect then...
    Might pre-order tonight so just wondering if anyone has pre-oredered, what colour did you get? I've no preferance but would like to get the other colour to what people have pre-ordered, if that makes sense. So if you ordered White, I'll get Black :)
    I've preordered Black on Yesasia, I trust them and they offer a good price (which has gone up since I placed my order) and free shipping :)

I'll race you to getting Reshram (Tripod)/Zekrom!

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

NNNNOOOOOO!!! Now i maay have to preorder myself....:(

On a lighter note could anybody tell me more about this team of Irelands?

popzmaster wrote: »
    NNNNOOOOOO!!! Now i maay have to preorder myself....:(

On a lighter note could anybody tell me more about this team of Irelands?
    It's simple, a whole bunch of us train our 'mon and get on cheapy Ryanair flight to the Video Game Championships (VGC) and together we pwn the UK competion with our Awesome Irishness and hopefully one us actually quailifies and gets a free DSi, Wii, trophy and a free trip to Worlds (which was Hawaii this year)

I can't wait for the VGC's :D Hopefully we will pwn!

Loading up my 3v card today to order White :D I think I'll go with yes asia as it's the cheapest bar amazon.

I'm in. Ordered White from YesAsia a few days ago. Thanks Buzz for the heads up. Antithanks for suggesting it in the first place ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

It's simple, a whole bunch of us train our 'mon and get on cheapy Ryanair flight to the Video Game Championships (VGC) and together we pwn the UK competion with our Awesome Irishness and hopefully one us actually quailifies and gets a free DSi, Wii, trophy and a free trip to Worlds (which was Hawaii this year)

Groovy! I seen it was in Hawaii this year final was hilarious ABUSE of ubers(kinda funny) but yea more people yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

I'd be so up for pre-ordering the japanese versions..but i never finished pearl tbh :o (or moved onto the other two/completing my dex...) and not nearly there in heartgold...sure i might as well get these in about two months...:)

totally up for entering the vgc's though :D

Just pre-ordered White there :D

So happy. Also for anyone pre-ordering now, enter YAFB5 into the coupon box to get $5 off!

Just pre-ordered White there :D

So happy. Also for anyone pre-ordering now, enter YAFB5 into the coupon box to get $5 off!
    We'll have to do a starter pact to make sure we don't end up with three Smugleaf!

Haha definitely :P

I think I'm going to go for fire-pig thing whos name eludes me right now and can't be bothered googling :D

Dibs on Smugleaf!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭rossism

seriously thinking about preordering this, but theres no way im starting with that disgrace of a water starter :P

rossism wrote: »
    seriously thinking about preordering this, but theres no way im starting with that disgrace of a water starter :P

I am totally going for the water starter (which my son and I are calling "Sadclown." I think half the fun of playing Japanese Pokemon is going to be making up names for the Pokemon.)

Awesome, we'll now have the 3 different starters :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I'm not pre-ordering, but I will probably pick up a copy of White when I go to the Pokémon Centre in October (squee!)

I also plan to pick the water starter, I want to see if I can cheer the little guy up.

Advertisement