Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-order Pokémon Black/White Japanese Version

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

elekid wrote: »
    I'm not pre-ordering, but I will probably pick up a copy of White when I go to the Pokémon Centre in October (squee!)

I also plan to pick the water starter, I want to see if I can cheer the little guy up.
    12800142670033.jpg&t=1

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

I think that part of the fun of the new pokemon games, is waiting *and waiting, and waiting, and waiting* for the new one to come out. Its that build up of excitment, All the wondering what this brave new world will be like, chossing the partner who kicks the most ass, and then finaly, with a bucket ful of pokéballs i'm gonna catch 'em all!!! :cool::D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

19 days to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

About 7 or 8 months to go for EU....:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Damn slow-working translators! Work faster!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭mulciber

Do you guys think they're going to make a new PBR type game so that we can do triple battles? That would be awesome ^^

mulciber wrote: »
    Do you guys think they're going to make a new PBR type game so that we can do triple battles? That would be awesome ^^
    They usually do, but there's been no word on one yet

Unless they might have have a big update or dlc for pbr seeing as black and white are on the DS.

Yeah, hopefully. ^^ Also, I'm thinking of pre-ordering pokemon black and white, is yesasia a reliable place to buy it?

Yeah, hopefully. ^^ Also, I'm thinking of pre-ordering pokemon black and white, is yesasia a reliable place to buy it?
    Oh yeah, Yesasia is awesome and ships from Germany for some bizzare reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Sometimes Asian companys have depots in europe. Its cheaper for them to send crates or containers to europe and post from there to the rest of europe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Unless they might have have a big update or dlc for pbr seeing as black and white are on the DS.

Pokemon Battle revolution doesn't support dlc.....and wii games can't be updated or patched.

Oh yeah, Yesasia is awesome and ships from Germany for some bizzare reason

Ok, cool. ^^ Do you think it's worth it even though it's in Japanese? I'm just thinking that it would be good to get a head start before everyone else. ^^

Ok, cool. ^^ Do you think it's worth it even though it's in Japanese? I'm just thinking that it would be good to get a head start before everyone else. ^^
    I just wanted to play this gen early. As for weither it's worth it, you'll have to weigh up the good vs bad points

I just wanted to play this gen early. As for weither it's worth it, you'll have to weigh up the good vs bad points

I think I'll just wait. It'll add to the excitement and it's not a necessity at the moment anyway. ^^

I'm just going to say a big thank you to everyone that opted into preordering the game with me. I never expected anyone to actually do it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭El Nick

I'm just going to say a big thank you to everyone that opted into preordering the game with me. I never expected anyone to actually do it :)

If there's a sizable chunk of folk that are all doing the Japanese version thing it'll be cool to swap tips and dos-and-donts for the thing (like what moves are what, a quick guide to breeding or where the best guides around the 'net are for English-speakers.) We don't have anyone who ackshewally speaks Japanese well enough to properly translate, do we?

El Nick wrote: »
    If there's a sizable chunk of folk that are all doing the Japanese version thing it'll be cool to swap tips and dos-and-donts for the thing (like what moves are what, a quick guide to breeding or where the best guides around the 'net are for English-speakers.) We don't have anyone who ackshewally speaks Japanese well enough to properly translate, do we?
    I have a friend that does, but I'm sure she has other things to do than translate hundreds of emails of Pokemon Japanese :p

Here's a good question though, how many people who have pre-ordered BW have done or are planning on signing up to the Japanese Global Link and sycning their DS game to the PC game?

Only 3 days remain! Beware the falling moon!!

Oh yes I'll be definitely signing up for that :D

And if you think about it, it's really only 2 days to go! Not tomorrow but the day after! *excitement*

Oh yes I'll be definitely signing up for that :D

And if you think about it, it's really only 2 days to go! Not tomorrow but the day after! *excitement*
    I'll post this up, I did not make this site, the user Guested on Project Pokemon did. I'm just passing on the info

Japanese Sign Up Page on Pokemon.co.jp

And the guide
    メールアドレス - email address, up to 64 characters
    next line, enter the email address again.

パスワード - choose a password, 6-16 characters

ニックネーム - choose your nickname (account ID is an assigned number, this is just for your nickname on your account)

せいべつ - Gender (left is male, right is female)

たんじょう日 - birthdate (year, month, date)

住んでいるところ - where you live (this are all Japanese prefectures, so .. just choose whichever)

メールマガジン - Whether you want the newsletter or not (left is yes, right is no)

メールマガジンの形式 - type of newsletter (left is html based, right is text based)

Then, click on the button on the bottom that says かくにん

And to the best of my knowledge anyone that is signed in can partake in the Pokémon Popularity Contest starting on Saturday

• Advertisement

Gaah I hate double posting, but this seemed like it will be useful.

Japanese Guide to sending Event Pokémon from DPPHGSS to BW

It has loads of pictures so it should be easy enough to follow. You will need two DSes to do the transfer. Depending on the event 'mon you send over you'll get:

Shiny Raikou/Suicune/Entei -> Zoroark
    Movie Celebi -> Zorua

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

The excitment is palpable...im gonna have to exercise all my willpower to stay off this thread so i dont spoil it for myself...havin to wait till easter and all..

popzmaster wrote: »
    The excitment is palpable...im gonna have to exercise all my willpower to stay off this thread so i dont spoil it for myself...havin to wait till easter and all..
    You might want to avoid ALL the Pokemon news sites then. Japanese people that ordered from Amazon.co.jp got the games today/last night and are taking photos, videos and everything online.

I want my game!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

popzmaster wrote: »

I'd give up and embrace the fact that you're not going to stay spoiler-free until then.

Even my attempts at remaining spoiler-free for the rest of the Sinnoh League in the anime is having a hard time, especially as I want to watch Best Wishes as it comes out in Japan (with fansubs), and if they spoil it in that...

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

TheChrisD wrote: »
    I'd give up and embrace the fact that you're not going to stay spoiler-free until then.

Even my attempts at remaining spoiler-free for the rest of the Sinnoh League in the anime is having a hard time, especially as I want to watch Best Wishes as it comes out in Japan (with fansubs), and if they spoil it in that...

Yea I was thinkin just stay away from everything but like...how can I check egg moves without the use of bulbapedia, etc...Spose I could just lock myself in a room rocking back and forth repeating "There not real pleas let them be fake!" only to be crushingly disappointed when I get the game. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I really don't want to see any of the new Pokémon until they jump out of the grass at me in-game so I've been avoiding all Pokémon websites, not reading certain threads on here, walking away from certain conversations at Pokémeetups and even paper clipping magazine pages together to avoid spoilers.

I'm sure some stuff will still get through but it'll all be worth it in the end *twitches*

Hmm, anyone know why the release date on yesasia had been changed to the 18th?

Hmm, anyone know why the release date on yesasia had been changed to the 18th?
    It's proberly a typo. Please be a typo, please be a typo, please be a typo

It's proberly a typo. Please be a typo, please be a typo, please be a typo

Sadly I don't think it is D: It's still on preorder in my account and they haven't taken payment yet either :(

I know it's only 1 more day and probably won't make much of a difference to when I get it but still!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

any truth to the romour that B&W wont work on the DS lite or Phat, and only work on DSi and DSiXL. I doubt it but youd never know

Advertisement