Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st years 2010!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 townEnd

Still havent got anything off Nuigicon9.gif
    Very anxious to register...

Im moving upto Corrib on the 9th...get two days in before orientationicon10.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ledzepkickass

@ townend
    Did you register online yet!? You dont need the reg pack to register, i didnt get a pack yet, but i registered online. If you havent get it done asap, they might offer your place to someone else!

How do you register online??

http://www.nuigalway.ie/registration/

Thats the page, download the pdf registration guide, that tells you what yo do

its asking for a user id and password?icon9.gif

• Advertisement

thats all in the guide that you can download. Your username is your cao number, password is galway with the first 4 digits of your date of birth,
    so if your brthday was today, sept 1st, your password is
    galway0109
    The pic is a passport style photo, you can email them that later or upload it right away, but register right away!!! Read the guide, its the resgistration guide thats linked on the page

EDIT:
    Heres the guide http://www.nuigalway.ie/registration/Students/2010/1st_year_undergrad.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

@ townend
    Did you register online yet!? You dont need the reg pack to register, i didnt get a pack yet, but i registered online. If you havent get it done asap, they might offer your place to someone else!
    they will not offer your place to someone else. you've accepted your place with the CAO and have til the end of september to register so no rush :)

if you want your student i.d, youve to register in the next few days , i emailed them a few days ago, youll get away with registering after but its no harm to sort it now, theres gonna be enough stuff to sort when youre starting there, get what you can out of the way

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭moonandstars

got my reg pack today at last!! still have to sort out back to education before i can register

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mick.m

Got 425 in the LC. Just got accepted into undenominated engineering, as did a mate of mine. Delighted! :)

Sharing a twin standard with said mate in corrib village. Hoping to move down there on the monday before orientation, eh whats that? The sixth I think?

Anyways, congrats to everyone who got what they wanted, will probably be seeing a fair few of yis next week anyway. Roll on the CRAIC!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭JonSnuuu

@ townend

NOT true! you have till like september 19th

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Galway_Girl767

Has anybody chosen their subjects for arts yet? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Has anybody chosen their subjects for arts yet? :D

English
    History
    Philosophy
    IT

Subject to change of course.. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Curlygirl lu

im moving up the 4th but like orientation is the 11th so?... hopefully this is ok... I have to collect my keys that day anyhow so may as well! long journey!.. hopefully my housemates will be there too! who i havent met yet! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭moonandstars

Yep..Arts..English, history, psychology and classics.

Again, subject to change over the coming weeks................................:)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭WillyWaggler

Irish, History, Archaeology, plus creative writing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Rhcp

Irish studies,History,sociology and dont know what I should do for the other..planning on floating about lectures and seeing what looks good;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

psychology,philosophy,archaology and maybe irish studies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Cathal O

Gat my freshers pack 2day....after all the fuss about it. it wasnt really worth the worrying about not getting it, although useful if ye know what i mean

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Galway_Girl767

Cathal O wrote: »
    Gat my freshers pack 2day....after all the fuss about it. it wasnt really worth the worrying about not getting it, although useful if ye know what i mean

ya i got mine yesterday and felt the exact same way!!:P just releived to know that something didnt go wrong! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 vikkii810

Omg!
    Anyone else doin undenominated science? Im so nervous about goin for the orientation, i wont know anyone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

vikkii810 wrote: »
    Omg!
    Anyone else doin undenominated science? Im so nervous about goin for the orientation, i wont know anyone :D

Undenominated science is (imo) the closest thing to arts in that there'll be so many in lectures and stuff. You'll have no trouble making friends, there's LOADS of others in the same position.

Things get even easier once clubs/socs start too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭niamhocxox

Do you have to upload a photo or can you send em the original in the post or something. Does that mean I've to get a passprt ptoho taken and scan the photo to upload it and e-mail it etc. Is there rules like the ones for your passport eg. you can't smile and girls must have their hair behind their ears?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

not to sure but they want a passport sized photo so you might have to get some taken!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ciano1

I just took a photo using a regular camera in a passport style ( White wall as a background, not smiling)
    Then I went to http://www.epassportphoto.com/ to resize it to passport size.

Then when I downloaded the finished photo, I cropped out a single photo using windows snipping tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

niamhocxox wrote: »
    Do you have to upload a photo or can you send em the original in the post or something. Does that mean I've to get a passprt ptoho taken and scan the photo to upload it and e-mail it etc. Is there rules like the ones for your passport eg. you can't smile and girls must have their hair behind their ears?? :confused:

They'll take your photo on the day if you don't upload one, no worries. I did it last year. There's two queues; one for people with photos already uploaded and another for people without. They'll just take a snap of you with a webcam. It takes two seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 David92

going doing Physics and Applied Physics and living in Corrib Village...cant wait!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

David92 wrote: »
    going doing Physics and Applied Physics

Oh cool, my girlfriend does that. She loves it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭BroFlo

Still havnt got my info pack :( does anyone know what time we start at on sat and where?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 David92

BroFlo wrote: »
    Still havnt got my info pack :( does anyone know what time we start at on sat and where?
    What course are ya going doing?.... cause I think there's different times and locations for the different courses

Advertisement