Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st years 2010!

Options
  • 04-08-2010 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Are you excited about going to NUIG?? What course are you hoping to do and where are you going to live?!!:):confused::)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

I almost wish I was a first-year again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ciano1

Cannot f**kin wait!! :)
    Hoping to do Computer Science and IT.. Staying in Gort na Coiribe.
    Bit nervous about about moving up to Galway since i probably wont know anyone up there though :o All part of the fun of college i suppose :p

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭nobbo

Im loving it since Im changing course! Apart from the 9000 I gotta pay for fees..

Since Im a first year I should post here. Gonna be doing science and living in Gort..

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Cathal O

Hey guys
    cant wait either....im gonna b doin corp law...ill be stayin in corrib village,

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭nobbo

Cathal O wrote: »
    .ill be stayin in corrib village,

Epic decision!:D

• Advertisement

nobbo wrote: »
    Epic decision!:D

well i decided the crak was the most important thing to 1st years haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mike_f

Hoping to do biotechnology and am staying in corrib village :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Really? i couldn't wait to get out of first-year fast enough :P

roll on 2nd year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

Hoping to do Undenominated engineering with the ain of moving into computer science and I.T in 2nd year although I have this down as my second choice.I'm from Galway so I'll be living at home,atleast for first year.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Carolanne..

mature student ahhh im so nervous and excited, have to find a place yet!

• Advertisement

id say try and get your accomodation sorted before cao results come out ..then demand will sore

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭moonandstars

Starting ARTS in NUIG..looking forward but apprehensive as I am 30 and been away from study for a few yrs.. don't know anyone either but sur everyone in the same boat I guess!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 shivkm

I am a mature also, nervous and excited doing physchiatric nursing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

I will also be a mature 1st year student, the nerves are starting to kick in at the thought of my first day!
    I will be studying Marine Science, roll on September 13th!

when is start date nuig as i have got no info so far thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

13th sept for 1st years. orientation is on the saturday before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Master Brightside

Iv been wanting to go to galway since i was feckin 10....lillte did i know.ha
    hopin to do earth and ocean sciences..stayin in corrib village...roll on september..roll on the craic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Curlygirl lu

hopefully i'll be heading to galway depending on the results and what not :).. gonna be stayin in gort. Dont know anyone but sure feck it... excitement and craic galore :P

hopefully i'll be heading to galway depending on the results and what not :).. gonna be stayin in gort. Dont know anyone but sure feck it... excitement and craic galore :P

Who knows.. We could end up living together :p
    I doubt i'll know anybody in Galway either!!

Anyone starting Arts? Don't know anyone yet.. I am a mature student

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Eoghanacht

Anyone starting Arts? Don't know anyone yet.. I am a mature student

yeah! I'm starting Arts, also as a mature student. Going to be doing Archaeology, Geography, History and not sure what else.

ciano1 wrote: »
    Who knows.. We could end up living together :p
    I doubt i'll know anybody in Galway either!!

are you living in gort as well?..ah... Im hoping the craic shall be present!.. bit nervous about going up on my own though... nervous and excited!!

are you living in gort as well?..ah... Im hoping the craic shall be present!.. bit nervous about going up on my own though... nervous and excited!!

Yup, heading to gort all on my own! :o I'm sure there'll be plenty of people like us around :)

ciano1 wrote: »
    Yup, heading to gort all on my own! :o I'm sure there'll be plenty of people like us around :)

i hope anyway :).. i wanted to share with 4 or 5 people in gort so there would be a better chance of making new friends but the woman i spoke to said it would be better to share with two girls also from first year so i went along with it! it prob is the best option i guess.. how many are you sharing with?

i hope anyway :).. i wanted to share with 4 or 5 people in gort so there would be a better chance of making new friends but the woman i spoke to said it would be better to share with two girls also from first year so i went along with it! it prob is the best option i guess.. how many are you sharing with?

I have no idea! I applied back in January and got the letter in march saying I was give a 'Single room'..
    Guess I'll find out in September :)

Eoghanacht wrote: »
    yeah! I'm starting Arts, also as a mature student. Going to be doing Archaeology, Geography, History and not sure what else.

Im doing psycology, history and not sure what else.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Carolanne..

Eoghanacht wrote: »

ME too!! do you think it would be alot of work though they are all ig subjects?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 asoltan

i'll be there for my first year, but im a third year student! i'm studying abroad and will be living in Gort. i'm studying psychology and english. i'm SOO excited and nervous :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Eoghanacht

ME too!! do you think it would be alot of work though they are all ig subjects?

I'll see ya about then :) I've been talking to a few people who have completed their degree in these subjects and they've told me the same thing that first year isn't too bad but I should start reading straight away and attend all lectures and I'll be fine.

• Advertisement

does anyone know..is there a whole lot of work in english.. jus to get and idea..i like poetry and stuff but im apprehensive as i heard there is a serious amount of reading!

Advertisement