Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduce Yourself for 2010/2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

im doing arts-economics and geography. i know a few people doing arts.

when do we start?

my girlfriend is doing arts and she said its monday 6th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

8888 wrote: »
    first year architecture?
    anybody?!

I'm in first year Struct Eng with Architecture , think we share a few classes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Name: Aoife
    Course: 2nd year Law
    Socs/Whatever: I wanna get involved in dramsoc and FADS (Fashion and Design), maybe writing for the Observer, this year. I'm part of the welfare crew. Should probably find a sport of some sort, at some stage, too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Name: Howard
    Course: I'm doing a Masters in Digital Investigation in UCD for the next two years. Graduated this year with a First Class Honors Degree in Information Systems from Trinity.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Rii

Oh, I'll be a loner too... I don't know anybody at all. I feel the first weeks (months, even) will be the worst weeks in my life... :( Why is everyone so excited, except me? ;) I don't look forward to college life at all... Oh, and it seems I made a big mistake when choosing the subjects combination for my Arts and nobody else picked them. Damn.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Indie_92

im doing arts-economics and geography. i know a few people doing arts.

when do we start?

It's different for everyone :)

It depends on your second name :P

Check the ucd website! I'm doin arts and i'm in on the 7th :)

Rii wrote: »
    Oh, I'll be a loner too... I don't know anybody at all. I feel the first weeks (months, even) will be the worst weeks in my life... :( Why is everyone so excited, except me? ;) I don't look forward to college life at all... Oh, and it seems I made a big mistake when choosing the subjects combination for my Arts and nobody else picked them. Damn.

Haha college life will rock :) I don't know anyone either sure :) We'll all have a big loner meet up club :) Like if you read over the last few pages most people are saying that they're alone too :D What subjects ya doing? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭leinsterrugby

where is everyone in dublin from? im like not particulary excited either btw but like play it cool when you go in, dont try too hard and it will work out.

Indie_92 wrote: »
    Haha college life will rock :) I don't know anyone either sure :) We'll all have a big loner meet up club :) Like if you read over the last few pages most people are saying that they're alone too :D What subjects ya doing? :pac:

Greek and Roman Civilisation and Spanish. What was I thinking? :( I kind of wanted to do English, but since it's not my first language... I figured it's waaay to hard for me. I didn't know what else to pick, except Spanish, I just picked something that I thought I might like. And I didn't even expect to get an offer. I hate college already. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Rii wrote: »
    Greek and Roman Civilisation and Spanish. What was I thinking? :( I kind of wanted to do English, but since it's not my first language... I figured it's waaay to hard for me. I didn't know what else to pick, except Spanish, I just picked something that I thought I might like. And I didn't even expect to get an offer. I hate college already. :p

I'm not sure if your registration is open yet or not, but when it is you should be able to change the subjects you put down on the CAO, if you're having second thoughts about what you've picked.

• Advertisement

ye u defo can i know for certain i want 2 do geog and economics but im thinkin of doin german even tho i never did it before

Maybe I misunderstood something... Look, that's what I read in the guide to registration, that little booklet thingy:

"To protect your CAO choice, we will not allow you to drop any of the modules to which we have pre-registered you until you become familiar with the registration process. However, once you have completed orientation, we will remove this protection and you can drop any module to which you have been pre-registered."

It sounds like we will have to wait before we can change them. Isn't there a possibility that there won't be any places available in the other modules or whatever they are called...? But I will definitely think about changing them.

ye u defo can i know for certain i want 2 do geog and economics but im thinkin of doin german even tho i never did it before

Yeah, actually can you do a new language? :D:pac:

what language u want to do man? i heard doing a language really bumps up the time u spend in college a week like so im thinking mayb against it lol

what language u want to do man? i heard doing a language really bumps up the time u spend in college a week like so im thinking mayb against it lol

Hmm yeah I'm already doing english and I heard that has a fairly big workload...so yeah :/ lol :pac:

I aint no man though :P :D:)

ha sry about that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Yeahhh

ha sry about that

hahahahaha awkward much ? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭NeuroticMonkey

Recent Neuroscience grad 2010.

Interests: drama, TKD, public popularisation of science

Quote: "Neuroscience entry 2010, 500 points??? Are you mad?" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Scrambled egg

Name :Stuey K .

Arts going into first year. - History and Politics

Looking forward to this now , lot of people nervous about being a loner, by the end of it , we will all be the best of buddies lol :D

Anyhows , have fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 yehthatguy

Well hi there, names Chris or Christos if you want to go greek style on it

Like most people im 18 going into first year doing a BA in Geography and Greek, going to do Spanish aswell too :)

Anywho im pretty excited to be going but im also ****tin a brick as im now the little fish in the big pond :/

Also i'm pretty much going to be a loner so yeh any tips on not being confinded to a corner would be great thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭cozzie55

Name: Arthur

Course: Just finished my degree in structural engineering with architecture. Starting my masters in structural engineering in september. Think i'm one of the youngest people to start a masters in UCD
    domrush wrote: »
    I'm in first year Struct Eng with Architecture , think we share a few classes :D

Dom ye only share history of architecture together, two lectures a week with the delightful samantha martin-mccauliffe.
    If you want to know anything more about the course let me know. i've 3 years experience of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

cozzie55 wrote: »

Course: Just finished my degree in structural engineering with architecture. Starting my masters in structural engineering in september. Think i'm one of the youngest people to start a masters in UCD

depressing, 25 and i'm only staring my degree!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭MariaBabii

Name: Maria

Doing: Computer Science :)

Any other girls doing it ?? :rolleyes:

Woohoo cant wait for that CSI boot camp haha :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

cozzie55 wrote: »

You're not alone there!:D
    Delta Bravo (the OP of this thread) was 20 starting his MA and I was 20 starting my MSc in Trinity.
    It's still mad though, when you compare it to the likes of America where you could be 23 and upwards starting an masters.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭cozzie55

El Siglo wrote: »
    You're not alone there!:D
    Delta Bravo (the OP of this thread) was 20 starting his MA and I was 20 starting my MSc in Trinity.
    It's still mad though, when you compare it to the likes of America where you could be 23 and upwards starting an masters.

Thank god, Am already the youngest in the course don't want to be youngest postgrad in the college aswel.

I'm only young cause I did a three year degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Slippers 2

Bobby42 wrote: »
    depressing, 25 and i'm only staring my degree!

You'll be 27 going into 3rd Year. I'm 27 now and will be doing mostly 3rd Year Econ modules and one 2nd Year module.

where is everyone in dublin from?

Between Blackrock and Leopardstown, just off Newtownpark Avenue. Near TGI Friday's.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Scrambled egg

Slippers 2 wrote: »
    Between Blackrock and Leopardstown, just off Newtownpark Avenue. Near TGI Friday's.

Cabra , a fair trek tbh :)

Yes it is. I'm just back from out that way, I go to Aughrim Street every Thursday for training. Dublin Bus is supposed to be changing the 46A route so that it goes all the way to Pheonix Park. It'll stop me having to get off a 46A (or equivalent) at UCD and wait for a 10 and then get off a 10 on the way home and wait for a 46A.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

MariaBabii wrote: »
    Name: Maria

Doing: Computer Science :)

Any other girls doing it ?? :rolleyes:

Woohoo cant wait for that CSI boot camp haha :p

[sleaze]
    Wellllll hello there
    [/sleaze]

Bootcamp sounds like it'll be a good bit of craic.

Advertisement