Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduce Yourself for 2010/2011

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Name: Aoife

Course: Going into 2nd year of my BA (joint major in English & Music).

Clubs/Socs/Hobbies: I joined every soc there was last year but only ever went to 1 Gamesoc coffee morning :o. Seemed like a cool bunch though, I'd love to get really involved this year. I was always busy on the days they held the interesting stuff (like video games and poker :P). Would also like to join a sport of some sort this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Name: Anto
    Course: Going into 2nd year, Arts!

Clubs/Socs etc: Joined a few, but didn't really go to much. I hope to join a few this year, and actually go to some stuff! :D Oh, and to go back to the gym!

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Name: Stephen

Course: Going into 2nd year Computer Science.

Clubs/Socs etc: Kinda hard to really get into anything when you live so far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭jennebean

Name ; jenn

age 25

starting 1st year as an ole mature student for arts omnibus planing on history being top as I wasn't "recomended" for the history degree ;(
    plan on being all over the running track and mature student deelys

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

Name: Alena

Finally going to properly start 1st year actuary. Had to work for two years to save up, nothing is going to stop me now :P

Maybe there are still some old boardies left from back in the day :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Name: Karen

Year/Course: MA Archives and Records Management.
    That's right, gonna be a super nerdy archivist. Was in UCD for my BA & other MA so I've already done 4 years in UCD for my sins! Looking forward to it anyhow.

Societies/Clubs/interests: Despite 4 years there I never really joined anything or met a lot of people, if I have any time away from the ol archiving I might have a look into history/photography/softball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭uppishhauk

Name: shane

Course: science

Societies/Clubs/interests: sci-fi society (lifetime membership yay!), probably join gamesoc and whatever else tickles my fancy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 vintagelover

kateos2 wrote: »
    Name: Kate

Course: Going into second year arts. Majoring in Sociology with a minor in psychology.

Societies/Clubs: Didn't really do anything last year. Wanted to join photosoc but there was none, if there's one this year I'll join it. Planning on taking up some form of sport too.

hey!..i want to do arts this year-art history and sociology...you mention that your minor is psychology so does that mean that psychology is a module on the course because my original plan was to do AH and psychology but for some reason it was removed from the list of options when i went to apply for it through the CAO although it was in the booklet in the arts grid system?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ptcoakley

Name: Patrick

Course: Masters in Management

This'll be my first time in Europe (I'm an American), and I'm pretty excited to be able to live in Dublin for a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Slippers 2

hey!..i want to do arts this year-art history and sociology...you mention that your minor is psychology so does that mean that psychology is a module on the course because my original plan was to do AH and psychology but for some reason it was removed from the list of options when i went to apply for it through the CAO although it was in the booklet in the arts grid system?

Page 69 of the prospectus says that if you do DN012 you can do 20 credits (that's 4 modules) of Psychology in First Year.

So, you could do four out of five of the First Year Psychology modules and all four of the First Year Art History modules and still have four modules left to do other subjects (you get 12 modules each year).

I think that's right but I did Science, not Arts, and I did it before UCD had "modules" and "majors and minors".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Name: Neil

Course: 2nd year Science

Socs: Joined a load last year for the free stuff.. won't make that mistake again! Is there any poker society or club around ucd? I'd love to join that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Don't know about a poker society as such but Gamesoc had poker nights every tuesday last year - Texas Hold'em

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Slippers 2

Expecting to see some new people in here shortly.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Just accepted my offer!

Name: Tim
    Course: Incoming first year student to Actuarial and Financial Studies

Looking forward to the challenge of college as well as college life. Slightly nervous as well but I'm hoping that I'll love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Just accepted!

Name: Conor
    Course: Physics with Astronomy and Space Science

Incredibly excited:D

Question! Do we have to wait until Thursday to register?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 calzini

Name: Rachel
    Course: 1st year Psychology

After a grand total of 3 hours sleep I've just accepted my offer, ridiculously excited about starting college!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Just accepted. SOOOOO happy!!

Name: Kevin

Interests: Music, football, playing guitar.

Subject: French and History

I'm going to UCD!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭monaghanman10

name-david brohan
    course-economics nd finance
    interests-basketball rugby poker
    age-18

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Yupp2010

:D Two hours sleep just so I could accept :D Whoop :)

Name Kerry :)
    Age 18
    Course Arts - English and History :) Soooo Happy!
    Interests Hmm Well Music! All types! :) Meeting new people, which I'm sure college should bring (^^,) And having the craic ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭snooleen

Name: Kelley

Just accepted my offer, I got my second choice and am delighted! :D Mostly because I wasn't sure which course to put as my first and which as my second! If I get my 1st choice in round 2 or 3 I'm screwed for deciding! haha

Course: English with Drama DN064 :D

Anyone know what the points for this were? I can't access the cao website.

SO HAPPY! :D

And congratulations to everyone who got their choices too. :)

• Advertisement

Conor108 wrote: »
    Just accepted!

Name: Conor
    Course: Physics with Astronomy and Space Science

Incredibly excited:D

Question! Do we have to wait until Thursday to register?

Yeah Can anyone tell me anything about registering? I live in galway like so? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Name: Brian

Year/Course: 1st Year Social Science

Societies / Sports: Intend on taking up a few sports. Don't know about Societies yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 lemred

Just accepted my cao offer, ridiculously excitied!

Name: Karen
    Course: Going to be starting business and law
    Interests: ah sure, a bita anything will keep me happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭sassypsych

Name: Sarah
    Course: 1st Year Nursing Children's and General Integrated

Conor I registered today but I accepted my offer in July so you may have to wait to be put on the system.

Best of luck to all for September!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Rii

Just accepted my offer...

Name: Karina
    Course: Arts
    I'm sooo nervous :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

Rii wrote: »
    Just accepted my offer...

Name: Karina
    Course: Arts
    I'm sooo nervous :(
    Me too, doing Arts aswell, terrified as absolutley nobody I know is going to UCD at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 stephanie92

muffinz wrote: »
    Me too, doing Arts aswell, terrified as absolutley nobody I know is going to UCD at all!

Thats the same as me :( It's all the more daunting because arts is such a huge programme!

Name: Stephanie

Course: Arts English & German :)

I'm absolutely delighted to be going to UCD!!!!! but quite nervous too :(

Yupp2010 wrote: »
    Yeah Can anyone tell me anything about registering? I live in galway like so? lol

You register online on thursday and there is a helpline to guide you through it, also everyone will receive a package in the post with all the details. Sorry, thats all I know :confused:

• Advertisement

You register online on thursday and there is a helpline to guide you through it, also everyone will receive a package in the post with all the details. Sorry, thats all I know :confused:

Oh okay, Thanks a mil!:D

Advertisement