Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farve has retired as per several media sources*

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

JonnyF wrote: »
    he's still a liability in high pressure situations

I'll just be leaving this here ....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Stev_o wrote: »
    Its going to be a risk for the management. What stage do they introduce Farve at? Do they risk it and go all out at the start of the season and risk Farve getting bust or do they hold him off for a couple weeks. Interesting times.

There's not even a hint of debate on the issue. Everyone knows he's starting and he could have one arm amputated and he'd probably still start. He came in at the same time last year so there's no question over him starting from day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Vikings wrote: »
    All this speculation is hilarious.

And seriously, a 1-6 start? Laughable!!!!! Those opening games are at least a 4-3 start. Favre or no Favre! (5-2 minimum with Favre)....ok maybe not, but nowhere near 1-6.

As good as last year? Maybe not... but we're still a 10 win team which will see us win the NFC North again. Look for an improved defense and running game from us this season, less pressure on Brett to carry the team.

Prediction: Superbowl! - you heard it here first.

As a Packers fan I'd be delighted if you got 10 wins.
    Home start in the play-offs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

davyjose wrote: »
    I'll just be leaving this here ....

I turned that on gamepass for the final drive. It felt like I'd being kicked in the balls watching him do that.

As a Packers fan, with a number 4 jersey still hanging proudly in my wardrobe I can't wait for his retirement so that I can stop cheering against him; It feels so wrong.

It should be an awesome HOF speech as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

ESPN reporting that an 'unnamed Vikings player' reckons Favre doesn't trust Childress, thinks he knows nothing about offense. (me neither, Brett). Also, Percy Harvin taken to hospital after collapsing on sideline during practice. If the Vikings repeat last year I'll eat my shorts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

And seriously, a 1-6 start? Laughable!!!!! Those opening games are at least a 4-3 start. Favre or no Favre! (5-2 minimum with Favre)....ok maybe not, but nowhere near 1-6.

As good as last year? Maybe not... but we're still a 10 win team which will see us win the NFC North again. Look for an improved defense and running game from us this season, less pressure on Brett to carry the team.

€10 says they lose more games than they win from the opening 7 opponents.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Archimedes wrote: »
    €10 says they lose more games than they win from the opening 7 opponents.

I'll take that if your willing. How so bets usually work on this site?

fisgon wrote: »
    Vikes are not going to be as good again for a number of reasons….

(i) tougher schedule…..they’re on the road against New Orleans, the Jets, NE, Philly, they’ve got an improved Giants, Dallas and Miami at home. Also, everyone in their division has got better, even the Lions, who may now even have a pass rush of sorts.

Fair enough. Cant argue against that point. They will still make the playoof's though.
    (ii) Favre is a year older….he's not going to last the season unscathed, that ankle is not going to last, difference between 40 and 41 is significant at that age.

But we have been saying that every year. And how many consecutive games is that now? Remember, he was going into last season with a torn bicep on his throwing arm, an injury a lot more worrying than an ankle that doesnt seem to be hindering him in practice. And how did he get on with that bad arm?

(iii) injuries.... Harvin isn't in camp yet, and Rice has a hip problem. Along with Favre, Sidney was the key to their run last year. Also, Pat Williams is a year older too, and just about the age when production starts dropping off.

Sidney Rice is fine and is back with the camp. Admittedly the recent news about Harvin is worrying. But remember, all of this is offset by the fact that we have a fit Bernard Berrian back this year.
    (iv) Chester taylor is gone. he was used to spell AP last year, was very effective, it's going to take Gerhart a few weeks or months to fit in.

This could be a bad move, but i'm grudgingly going to trust Childress' decsion to let Taylor go and replace him with Gerhart. Could go either way.

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    I'll take that if your willing. How so bets usually work on this site?

Sure. I love free money :pac:

Tell you what, remove the Lions game, and let's take it on those 6 games (Saints, Dolphins, Jets, Cowboys, Packers, Patriots).

If they win more than 3, I pay up. They lose more than 3, you pay up. If they go 3-3, we'll forget about it.

Deal?

Sure. I love free money :pac:

Tell you what, remove the Lions game, and let's take it on those 6 games (Saints, Dolphins, Jets, Cowboys, Packers, Patriots).

If they win more than 3, I pay up. They lose more than 3, you pay up. If they go 3-3, we'll forget about it.

Deal?

Hold on now, your backing out from it now. The game at home to the lions was one of the favourable ones from my side. How about we take out the game away to the jets aswell? Are you going to stick to your original offer, or was it just a bold statement that you thought nobody would accept?

• Advertisement

Hold on now, your backing out from it now. The game at home to the lions was one of the favourable ones from my side. How about we take out the game away to the jets aswell? Are you going to stick to your original offer, or was it just a bold statement that you thought nobody would accept?

A) Lose the attitude

B) Fair enough. 4-3 or over, you get €10. 3-4 or under, I get €10.

A) Lose the attitude

B) Fair enough. 4-3 or over, you get €10. 3-4 or under, I get €10.

Ok ok, sorry about the attitude. I just couldnt understand someone saying it was easy money, then trying to change the bet :)

PM each other bank account numbers and sort code? I can transfer over via internet banking then. It's only 10 quid, so there shouldnt be any risk of non-payment!

Ok ok, sorry about the attitude. I just couldnt understand someone saying it was easy money, then trying to change the bet :)

PM each other bank account numbers and sort code? I can transfer over via internet banking then. It's only 10 quid, so there shouldnt be any risk of non-payment!

Don't worry, I'm sure we trust one another. These bets are a common occurence on the soccer forum - welching is very much frowned upon :pac: We'll sort it out when I win week 8 has concluded. Internet banking is probably the safest way, although I have delivered on a bet by posting a tenner not before :o

That's their biggest problem imo. It's a very realistic possibility that they could start the season 1-6 (Saints, Dolphins, Lions, Jets, Cowboys, Packers and Patriots in that order).

Not such a laughable prediction now is it? I would say "I hate to say I told you so", but that would be a lie. I love saying I told you so. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Every time this thread is ressurected I think Farve has quit mid-season for a second. My poor heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Not such a laughable prediction now is it? I would say "I hate to say I told you so", but that would be a lie. I love saying I told you so. :)

But you didn't. You said 1-6. They're 2-5 :p

davyjose wrote: »
    But you didn't. You said 1-6. They're 2-5 :p

Hell of a lot closer to 1-6 like I said than they were to 5-2! Although looks like he didn't even believe himself by not putting his money where his mouth was.

Advertisement