Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Was order expected delivery 3-5 weeks or 1-2 weeks

edit:

I see it was 3-5 weeks.

Post edited by BobbyT28 on

Are you sure? Did you get a shipping notification and tracking number?

Go for it… you deserve it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Any shops have them yet? Would like to see them before buying

• Advertisement

Sweet, epix 2 just shipped. Arrival next wed. Surprised to get that, as there was 3-5 week shipping on it!

Not that I’m aware off. Harvey Norman normally have a good range but Arnnotts downstairs it the electronic section have a really good Garmin selection and would probably be the first place to stock them and the first place I would try if you were around town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Slideways

I’ve ordered the f7 sapphire solar. Says it will be shipped on 30th here in Australia. Reckon if I put my old strap on it the mrs will never even know

Sale on in Garmin now. Plenty of decent deals on Fenix 6 line

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭sk8board

I’ve been using the new ParkRun WatchFace recently and it scans perfectly. Great addition to a garmin if you run any park runs.

• Advertisement

Have you received yours yet? I got a departure scan from Garmin in Netherlands on 22/01and nothing since . I would have expected it in ups finglas at this stage. Just going on a previous Garmin device I received this week.

Mine hit Finglas at 9am yesterday. Says I should have it tomorrow.

I haven’t had an update since 22/01 . Did you have a similar timeframe for updates?

Think it was the 19th when the label was created, so maybe you're looking at another day or 2. Mine arrived this morning. Very surprised how light the 7x titanium is.

Happy days, best of luck with it. I wish the 7x came without solar, I find the solar ring very distracting. Should have the epix tomorrow . Im coming from the 5x+, so I suspect I'm gonna find it a little small. I’m so used to the Fenix x plus line and have worn them the last 6 years that maybe this might feel less rugged and more smart watch. Will wait and see. I take it if you wear it and test it out for a few days, but then factory reset it and put it back in The box and send it back to Garmin, I shouldn’t have an issue with getting a refund?

Gonzoviaon,

any chance of a pic of the watch on your wrist?

So got Epix today, while the screen is amazing it’s just looks too small coming from the x+ line of Fenix the last 5-6years.

Didnt like the 22mm band size also, when I looked down at it I just kept seeing a Samsung watch for some reason!

When I looked at it I have instant buyers regret. I didn’t have the same wow feeling when I unboxed my 5x+ 3 years ago. If this was in a 51mm x version which I think will be put next year with the success of this epix I’d say I would have loved it.

anyway it’s back in the box and ready to be shipped back to Garmin through JDM. Gonna put insurance on it and make it trackable also.

Anyway, I’ve ordered the 7x sapphire solar in Black Titanium. 1-2 weeks so hopefully have it sooner than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Hi

Has anyone had success with adding a virtual revolut visa card to garmin pay? Or do you need a physical card?

The main banks are really slow at rolling this out.

Never worked for me with the Revolut visa. My new card is Mastercard and works fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 sav1

I was able to put Revolut on mine no issues. Fenix 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭opus

I've a Revolut Visa card on a 945, not a virtual one though.

Hi

Thanks to ROM for posting this in another thread.

I have ordered a Mastercard Ireland virtual card from Revolut support and I have it set up now on my garmin watch.

Will let ye know if any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kukkanen

Need help with my Garmin Vivoactive 4.

I am not able to figure out how to get the beep sounds back for interval training sessions. The watch used to vibrate and beep when interval sessions was finished - but now I get nothing and it's really frustrating keeping an eye on the watch while running to seen when a specific interval time is up.

Any advice how to get that fixed ?

Just to add, when I go to System Settings, I don't have Sound Option there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭jfh

Hi all, the old garmins would allow you to calibrate your footpod manually, however I cannot figure out how to do it in the 245, so I run 1k, the watch records. 98 which is pretty good in fairness but I want to get it as accurate as possible for treadmill running, the calibration factor on my watch says 91.7, now according to the manual, I have to move this up because it measures short, but by how much I have no idea, any help appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

The first question would be have you calibrated your treadmill?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭jfh

No I have not, I know the treadmill accuracy is off but I was hoping to just ignore the treadmill and go off the watch.

Sorry I should have clarified the 1k I ran was on a track so accurate, the watch measured it. 98

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Treadmill and outdoor calibration will be different.

So I used this the other day. Worked fine.

Only issue is that as I have the wrist HR turned off I have to enter the passcode each time.

I was hoping I could just keep the watch locked and unlock it for a payment. You also don't get a notification of what you paid on the watch. It does come up on the phone though. Overall, a very handy feature to have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Fenix 7X Sapphire Solar arrived :-D Had to downplay it with the missus, it's basically a better battery is all :-D Haven't had a chance to properly use it, coming from a Fenix 5s it's a monster, beautiful screen. Went for Fenix rather than the Epix for battery, need to last 24 hours on a run. Didn't get Revolut working but that post above is really helpful, will get a virtual Mastercard

Advertisement