Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSA: Garmin Pay

Options
  • 31-01-2022 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭

I like garmin pay. Supper handy to get a drink while on a run etc. However the new Visa cards that they issue will not work with garmin pay no mater what you. This is because they are all non Irish cards. If you look at https://binlist.net/ and put the first 8 digits in it will show you. So my old Visa revoult worked. New card can't due to this reason. You need to contact Revoult support and ask them for a mastercard in Ireland and they will give you a virtual one that will work with garmin pay.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

Another option for Garmin Pay is Curve. Links directly to whatever bank cards you like so it debits your bank account directly without topping anything up.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,836 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I’ve got KBC linked to mine. Wonder what will happen when they close. No other irish banks support it or do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭RunDMC

The Standard Revolut card in Ireland is issues by VISA, but weirdly the Virtual card is issued by Mastercard. This one works fine with Garmin Pay.

R

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭athlone573

I never figured out how to enter a pin number at the till using virtual revolut with Garmin pay... As you have to every dozen or so transactions. It's embarrassing when you have to leave items, easier to bring a few coins for my can of coke and packet of crisps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Best to leave it as 0000 as it's too much a pain to have it set to anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭athlone573

I wasn't sure if the prompt was for the revolut pin number or the Garmin pin number... As its a virtual card I don't think the revolut has a pin number. There's only a few pounds in it so I never bothered investigating further.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

It is not too bad to enter the code.

It is a bit like the old style home phones where you had to drag the dial around to the approriate number.

You use the up and down keys to scroll to the correct number and then enter each one.

This video link goes through it all.

https://youtu.be/vtm-LCIokkI

• Registered Users Posts: 15,836 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

It’s easy entering code.

just have to remember which bloody code it is 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭opus

I got a replacement Revolut card last week, a Mastercard this time so as mentioned earlier it added to Garmin Pay without any problems. Must try buying something with it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

It only needs to be a virtual one and not a physical one is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Can now use my virtual visa card, which it didn't allow me to use a couple of months ago.

Advertisement