Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a job ??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Amateurish

Someone close to me did an interview there a few weeks ago. They did their first shift on the Friday night and left in tears. Second shift was Saturday night. They left half-way through it and swore never to go back, even as a customer.

I still went in the following day with a CV though! :D
    Maybe this isn't the forum but was the basic problem the management co-workers or clientele?
    Btw this is one of the most helpful threads on any forum...Thanks y'all

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Amateurish wrote: »
    Maybe this isn't the forum but was the basic problem the management co-workers or clientele?
    Btw this is one of the most helpful threads on any forum...Thanks y'all

Both! Some awful customers, but that's to be expected after a few hours in a club. Especially when this person isn't really used to clubs and late bars.

Mixed staff. Some absolutely lovely, one in particular who was described as a bit of a demon slave-driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

Have to say there is very little out there, the OH is looking for a job for a good while & he can't find anything.

He's applied for loads of jobs & most times doesn't even get any sort of a reply.

He's either over qualified for some or under qualified for others!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Btwndeyes

@ insect overlord, and anyone else without experience in bar work,
    A good idea is to go down to your local, or any bar where you know the manager and ask can you com in a couple nights, work behind the bar for free just so they can show you what to do, You can then sy you have been bar trained. More likely to get a job that way, worked for me!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Btwndeyes wrote: »
    @ insect overlord, and anyone else without experience in bar work,
    A good idea is to go down to your local, or any bar where you know the manager and ask can you com in a couple nights, work behind the bar for free just so they can show you what to do, You can then sy you have been bar trained. More likely to get a job that way, worked for me!

That's very good advice. I'll chance my arm in the local GAA club, the manager there might do me a favour!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

That's very good advice. I'll chance my arm in the local GAA club, the manager there might do me a favour!

I've always thought about doing that myself but would feel bad because it would mean my mates who work in the bar would lose out on hours to someone who is willing to do it for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭wez99950

Anybody know of a weekend job or 2/3 day week job going?? Have been scourging all the job sites but having no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

wez99950 wrote: »
    Anybody know of a weekend job or 2/3 day week job going?? Have been scourging all the job sites but having no luck.

LOL

http://www.frugalsites.net/jesus/scourging.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

RHunce wrote: »
    I've always thought about doing that myself but would feel bad because it would mean my mates who work in the bar would lose out on hours to someone who is willing to do it for free.

Someone giving a freebie wont matter, especially if it's the weekend and you need as many people as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭wez99950

Beer Baron wrote: »
    wez99950 wrote: »

LOL

http://www.frugalsites.net/jesus/scourging.htm

Ha ha!! The wonders of iPhone spell check!! SCOURING!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

La Cucina in Castletroy looking for a Deli Assistant. You'd want to be a foodie though I'd say.:D

Costa Coffee - Childers Road

Sign on the door for a Team Member.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Nicola123

It might be worth mentioning that an Italian restaurant is opening in the place of Spur Steakhouse in the Crescent soon, probably will be looking for a few staff when it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Nicola123 wrote: »
    It might be worth mentioning that an Italian restaurant is opening in the place of Spur Steakhouse in the Crescent soon, probably will be looking for a few staff when it does.

That place has hired all of its staff already!

Ooops my bad, just saw the sign the other day :)
    Too late as always!

Ooops my bad, just saw the sign the other day :)
    Too late as always!

Seems strange to hire staff so far in advance I think!

Hopefully a few other places might pop up!

Signs going up later today for Temporarty Contracts in Dorothy Perkins, Childers Road, Apply within with CV

• Registered Users Posts: 19 kingkenny2012

Im a UL student and need a job for the next college year. Anybody know of any places that usually hire students or that have any jobs going? I have plenty of retail and bar experience!

Im a UL student and need a job for the next college year. Anybody know of any places that usually hire students or that have any jobs going? I have plenty of retail and bar experience!

Threads merged.

Best of luck with the search, KingKenny!

• Advertisement

This year especially You are gonna have a lot of competition for student jobs. My advice is to have a load of cvs printed off, Keep you're eye on this thread, Read The limerick post(or http://www.limerickpost.ie/), and keep an eye out around the city for jobs. There will be opportunites across the board but You'll have be fast and get your CV in ASAP

Hey KingKenny. ULSU is currently advising employers that they can post student jobs on our website www.ulsu.ie/jobs.

We will be hiring at the end of August for casual staff and our commercial company ULSU Services will be looking for flexitime workers for the 3 convenience stores on campus. Keep an eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Staff wanted sign bb,s denmark st.

Also penneys crescent part time www.primark.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Ye don't know of any jobs in North Tipp area? :)

ConTheCat wrote: »
    Ye don't know of any jobs in North Tipp area? :)
    Try the Tipperary forum! Might get a better response there!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Try the Tipperary forum! Might get a better response there!

Thread on jobs is locked, said I'd chance it here! :D

ConTheCat wrote: »
    Thread on jobs is locked, said I'd chance it here! :D

No, it's not.

there's a facebook page aswell under the title of limerick jobs, might be a good resource..

there's a facebook page aswell under the title of limerick jobs, might be a good resource..

Thanks Nicola123

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Saw hmv in the crescent and that menswear shop across from specsavers (also in crescent) both have signs about vacancies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement