Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M11 - Arklow to Rathnew

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

New to this thread.

I heard there was subsidence of earth works at an overpass near Lil Doyles pub.

Is that true?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 msq

serfboard wrote: »
    Are the Enfield services not accessible from the L1003 though?

Seems like it is indeed. But this is also a proper exit, while Gorey Station isn't

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

msq wrote: »
    Seems like it is indeed. But this is also a proper exit, while Gorey Station isn't

No it isn't. zoom out from the osm link.
    The Enfield motorway exit is east of the service area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Are the Gorey services open yet? Its a while since I was down after moving back from Arklow last September

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭prunudo

No it isn't. zoom out from the osm link.
    The Enfield motorway exit is east of the service area.

Always thought it was strange that staff would have to pass through the toll booths to go to & from work. Would have thought local access would be good but understand how that it would then become an unofficial junction to the frustration of locals.

• Advertisement

jvan wrote: »
    Always thought it was strange that staff would have to pass through the toll booths to go to & from work. Would have thought local access would be good but understand how that it would then become an unofficial junction to the frustration of locals.
    Having segregated access roads would solve that problem quite easily, or access control at the entrance to the service station from the local road.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Having segregated access roads would solve that problem quite easily, or access control at the entrance to the service station from the local road.

So far as I know access to the eastbound Enfield service area is controlled. At least I tried to leave it just after it opened and go into Enfield and ended at a gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭badgerbroc11

I heard there was subsidence of earth works at an overpass near Lil Doyles pub.

Is that true?

It wouldn't surprise me. They built up the earth at either side of the bridge at an unreal rate using what appeared to be only soil.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Brasso

jvan wrote: »

My friend used to work in Apple green on the M1 and he had a little tag that would let him in a back gate.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Brasso wrote: »
    My friend used to work in Apple green on the M1 and he had a little tag that would let him in a back gate.
    That arrangement sounds right. Unofficial, unsigned way of getting from the service area to the local roads but only if you've an access tag. The delivery vans would have one too.

• Advertisement

There were lads digging in a jcb at 2 minutes to ten last Thursday night, between the beehive and tie in, so there's a head of steam to finish some work here

• Registered Users Posts: 13,816 ✭✭✭✭josip

There were lads digging in a jcb at 2 minutes to ten last Thursday night, between the beehive and tie in, so there's a head of steam to finish some work here

Either a head of steam or some locals needed topsoil for the new lawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

msq wrote: »

Two barriers at local access road for Gorey station. Strictly for use of staff and emergency services. Some staff would not have full licenses and would be prohibited from using motorway access anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,502 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Some staff would not have full licenses and would be prohibited from using motorway access anyway.

And from driving on their own...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,378 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

L1011 wrote: »
    Or perhaps cycling, walking, driving a tractor/invalid carraige, or riding on horseback to work

• Registered Users Posts: 14,887 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

L1011 wrote: »

they could get the qualified driver sitting next to them to drop them via the motorway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭serfboard

Two barriers at local access road for Gorey station. Strictly for use of staff and emergency services. Some staff would not have full licenses and would be prohibited from using motorway access anyway.
    I'm wondering what local road this leads on to?

Patww79 wrote: »

To sell coffee or fast food?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

serfboard wrote: »
    I'm wondering what local road this leads on to?

Local Road: L1003
    Note from attached image that vacant field adjacent to motorway is now service area site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

No, to commute by car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Northern tie in looks to be taking shape. All levelled and layer of hardcore down. Prepping for tarmac can't be too far away.

Seems like some work done today too where new meets old on the very southern tie in.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭PoolDude

The Northbound lanes of the northern tie in are due to open this month - traffic will be diverted from the Beehive roundabout down onto the motorway northbound there and onto the tie in.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,502 ✭✭✭✭L1011

To get to work safely and legally on a motorway.

Section 3.10 of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, Vol6,S.3,Part 3 NRA TA 70/14
    Where possible, restricted access to the service area from the local road network should be provided
    for staff and light delivery vehicles. The degree to which it will be possible to provide this restricted
    access will be determined by the suitability of the local road network.

The access to the Lusk Service station is along this road
    https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.533704,-6.216051,3a,75y,96.8h,73.1t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sNMQ4AsaLN6XcQR7lKnYJPQ!2e0?hl=en

So pretty much any local road network seems acceptable

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭ITDept

Looks like the southern tie-in is getting pretty close to finishing now. I'm still hoping the whole thing will be ready late June / early July. I don't have any access to insider information or anything - just basing this on the rate of progress I'm seeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,816 ✭✭✭✭josip

ITDept wrote: »
    Looks like the southern tie-in is getting pretty close to finishing now. I'm still hoping the whole thing will be ready late June / early July. I don't have any access to insider information or anything - just basing this on the rate of progress I'm seeing.

From what I saw last weekend, I'd be very (pleasantly) surprised if they could finish off everything in 2 months.
    After they're finished the actual work, does the NRA? have to do an inspection to sign off from a safety perspective?
    For the Newlands cross flyover that seemed to take a couple of days post completion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

How long did it take Newlands (and say, the Gory N11) to paint and sign it once the heavy work was complete? I seem to recall a fair time on Gory, but that might be bad memories on my part. I really hope they get this open early, but I'm not holding my breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Sand going down on northern end

IMAG0831_zpslvzu2tro.jpg

IMAG0833_zpsukjecxye.jpg

Advertisement