Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round 12: Hungarian Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

astrofluff wrote: »
    So, teams now looking for clarification on the 'flexible-supposed to be rigid' front wings! Whitmarsh and Brawn putting it to Charlie Whiting before spending lots of dough on development...it's funny how they moan, just because they didn't think to be innovative with these rigid bodywork regulation before anyone else!

And given they both have introduced new features to cars over the last couple of years(Brawn with the Diffuser and McLaren with the F-duct) that had the opposition scratching their heads and struggling to replicate,you'd think they'd think first before running to the media whining about what they think Ferrari & RB have on their car.

The FIA have ruled them legal,end of story in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

agree with you on the legality, book closed comment, But at the start of the season everyone looks at the new F-duct gismo on the McLaren, tries and copy it, but don't exactly perfect it quick enough to claw back tenths. thats money spent on ongoing development. And then when someone else has something different and benefical, like Red Bull half way through the year, the big teams panic big time.

It's the whole show F1 presents us!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

So, teams now looking for clarification on the 'flexible-supposed to be rigid' front wings! Whitmarsh and Brawn putting it to Charlie Whiting before while spending lots of dough on development...it's funny how they moan, just because they didn't think to be innovative with these rigid bodywork regulation before anyone else!
    :pac:
    agree with you on the legality, book closed comment, But at the start of the season everyone looks at the new F-duct gismo on the McLaren, tries and copy it, but don't exactly perfect it quick enough to claw back tenths. thats money spent on ongoing development. And then when someone else has something different and benefical, like Red Bull half way through the year, the big teams panic big time.

It's the whole show F1 presents us!
    Aye but RB were the same last year with the double diffuser. I can't blame the teams tbh, it looks to me like RB have found a way to pass scrutineering while circumventing the printed rules. Since, like soccer, video evidence isn't allowed, who can blame them? :pac:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 114 ✭✭UglyFuc

Slightly unrelated. Can you get that BBC race tracker on the website in Ireland? Couldn't seem to get it for last race, few comment on the FAQ about Irish availability but no answers.

anyone got a link to this race tracker? i have the"foxyproxy" thing set up but i cant seem to find the page?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

UglyFuc wrote: »
    anyone got a link to this race tracker? i have the"foxyproxy" thing set up but i cant seem to find the page?

click the video link, the cycling photos at the top seemingly, I'm not too sure

this
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8874946.stm

I think but not active unntil race start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭dor83

Renault need to be penalised for that.

what a mess!!

Redbull dodgy pit entry too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭dor83

Yeah, Vettel could have done some damage to his car, the safety car made for a bit of excitement.

Just watching since the end of the safety car, Webber seems to have a good bit of time in hand, if the tyre last we could yet see a Webber win, assuming no-one else will need to stop before the end.

Should be a penalty coming up for Vettel. ^_^ I expect to see his laptimes pick up now. :pac:

• Advertisement

Vettel back out behind Alonso, be surprised if that's not how it finishes as those soft tyres look like they can last til the last lap if needs be for Webber.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 114 ✭✭UglyFuc

Yes it will allow you to view the iplayer and f1 forum aswell. Right- so i use firefox as my browser. So all you need to do is download a simple free programme called "Foxyproxy". After that- you need to find a proxy list for the uk- here is where i get mine http://nntime.com/proxy-country/United-Kingdom-01.htm

Then you take any of those proxies and put them into foxyproxy. Some numbers will work and some wont- you have to try till you get one working. Ok so it sounds alittle bit complicated but i can watch so much more on the bbc f1 website and it only took me 5 min to set up.

which proxy works? i can get videos but no race tracker. "this content dosnt seem to be working. try again later"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

wouldnt be surprised if Vettel gets another penalty for that one :eek:
    two hands off the steering wheel going down the pit lane making a point....he's a silly boy :rolleyes:

me@ucd wrote: »
    wouldnt be surprised if Vettel gets another penalty for that one :eek:
    two hands off the steering wheel going down the pit lane making a point....he's a silly boy :rolleyes:

Was thinking that myself, only problem is he easily has enough pace to still come second, it's embarrassing. :pac:

EDIT: Still come third, not second. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

What was the penalty for, I have to watch it on a foreign language link that keeps dropping and BBC wedsite is being cryptic. Was it for backing up the field during safety car?

FrostyJack wrote: »
    What was the penalty for, I have to watch it on a foreign language link that keeps dropping and BBC wedsite is being cryptic. Was it for backing up the field during safety car?

Yup. They showed a replay of some of it and it wasn't even the bit just before the SC came in, so it seems he was fairly dicking about.

Heh, Horner clapping Webber there, I'm sure he's delighted. :pac:

Damn couldn't see any of that. Was it Hamilton that used to hold up every restart a few seasons ago and got away with it (actually he was in position 1 so it is a different situation, I take it back). Was there team orders again? He's all over Alonso, hope he gets passed. Hamilton out, championship up in the air again.

FrostyJack wrote: »
    Damn couldn't see any of that. Was it Hamilton that used to hold up every restart a few seasons ago and got away with it (actually he was in position 1 so it is a different situation, I take it back). Was there team orders again? He's all over Alonso, hope he gets passed. Hamilton out, championship up in the air again.
    As it stands, assuming Barrichello pits:

Web 161
    Ham 157
    Vet 151
    But 148
    Alo 141

Yeah it was like what Hamilton did, but like you said it's ok when in the lead. :pac:

Wish Barrichello would pit, it's not like staying out makes any difference. :pac:

Looking at the standings (if they stay the same) shows Ferrari were right last week and with Vettel right up behind Alonso for so long, the "why doesn't he just over take him on the track" crowd look silly :P

Lap 60: It a Red Bull procession but not quite how we imagined it. Mark Webber LAPS SCHUMACHER - my what a great feeling that must be, like nutmegging Maradona or hitting six sixes off Warney

From the BBC website. Why do they always make a big deal about lapping a former champion every year. If he lapped him in an equal or even similar paced car then yes. It's more like overtaking someone in focus while you drive a Viper, not rewarding at all no matter who is driving it.

****in hell Schumacher, that was so close!!

• Advertisement

Just a little bit much from Schumacher there.

Though actually Brundle talking rubbish now, saying that Schumacher could've lost the do-anything tag with his comeback, while they've been commenting that he seems to have lost "the edge", not sure which they want.

But that was a bit much. :pac:

Heh, good ol' Alonso, looks like he's broken Vettel.

there is racing and theres life, schumacher seems to concentrate too much on the racing part, he's a headcase, literally.

there is racing and theres life, schumacher seems to concentrate too much on the racing part, he's a headcase, literally.

Yeah I can't imagine the family being too thrilled with that move.

Yeah I can't imagine the family being too thrilled with that move.

Missed that too, stupid internet!!! :mad:

Webber at the camera just summed Vettel up beautifully there for me. :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

If he'd done that earlier in the race I'd not have been surprised to see him get the black flag as Barichello said. Totally stupid move, and I was starting to actually not dislike Schumacher recently.

Vettel is not a happy bunny.

should have been black flagged whether or not he's done 10 laps or 50, a reckless driver is a reckless driver

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

should have been black flagged whether or not he's done 10 laps or 50, a reckless driver is a reckless driver

Just that incidents towards the end of the race don't get dealt with during it, they wait until afterwards as there isn't time.

Seb looks like he might cry in the press conference.

• Advertisement

On the rear-facing camera replay there what Schumacher did doesn't look anywhere near as bad tbh, looked like Rubens had more speed than expected.

Advertisement