Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round 12: Hungarian Grand Prix

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

recyclebin wrote: »
    Straight from ITV and Pitpass website:

Article 3.17.8 says: “In order to ensure that the requirements of Article 3.15 are respected, the FIA reserves the right to introduce further load/deflection tests on any part of the bodywork which appears to be (or is suspected of) moving whilst the car is in motion.”

The wing deflection issue is covered by Article 3.15, which stipulates that bodywork “must be rigidly secured to the entirely sprung part of the car” and “must remain immobile in relation to the sprung part of the car”.

The rule adds: “Any device or construction that is designed to bridge the gap between the sprung part of the car and the ground is prohibited under all circumstances.

“No part having an aerodynamic influence and no part of the bodywork, with the exception of the skid block in 3.13 above, may under any circumstances be located below the reference plane.”

At present, Article 3.15 is enforced through load tests designed to ensure that cars' aerodynamic parts do not flex by more than a stated maximum, but such static tests do not fully replicate the higher forces cars generate on the circuit, particularly in fast corners.

I rest my case

It is pretty clear then that the FIA can introduce whatever test they wish is future. It is also pretty clear that the redbull (& ferrari) is technically illegal & will be proved as such when a new test is devised.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Will points be deducted if the FIA rule the wing was illegal?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Vegeta wrote: »
    Will points be deducted if the FIA rule the wing was illegal?

No points cant be taken off a team after their car passed scrutineering by race stewards. Teams can be banned though if a car fails scrutineering-such as what happen BAR in 04? when their car was found to have an illegal oil tank

Its not the teams fault as they passed the required tests however it is pretty clear from the regs quoted above that the front wings are not as rigid as they should be so I guess the FIA will introduce a new test which the teams will have to design to from that date on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

mickdw wrote: »
    Its not the teams fault as they passed the required tests however it is pretty clear from the regs quoted above that the front wings are not as rigid as they should be so I guess the FIA will introduce a new test which the teams will have to design to from that date on.

There is speculation that Red Bull are doing something with the front nose cone and the entire front wing and nose is dropping. Its unlikely that the deflection test would catch this.

It will be interesting to see if they run new wings, but I think they are likely to pass this new test anyway.

Funny how it was McLaren and Merc that had to alter their diffuser starter holes at the start of the season, are now doing the complaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

amacca wrote: »
    Delighted for Webber, he doesn't seem to be as much of a spoiled child as Alonso, Vettel or even whiney Hamilton.

Don't think you could call Vettel a spoiled child in fairness. Whenever things don't go right for him he takes it on the chin fair and square. A spoiled child yesterday would have whinged on about the team not telling him about the safety car. Vettel put his hands up and said he was asleep. Very admirable i thought and a welcome change from lame excuses some of the others would have given

amacachi wrote: »
    BBC getting in an awful tizz about Hulkenberg there, nowhere near as good as when Raikkonen did it on ITV though. :pac:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6431766470249091563#

What did Hulkenberg say? I missed that one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

What did Hulkenberg say? I missed that one

He said he was **** earlier in the season or that someone else did I think. He said something was s h i t anyway.

He said to Eddie Jordan.... You said I was sh1t earlier this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Don't think you could call Vettel a spoiled child in fairness. Whenever things don't go right for him he takes it on the chin fair and square. A spoiled child yesterday would have whinged on about the team not telling him about the safety car. Vettel put his hands up and said he was asleep. Very admirable i thought and a welcome change from lame excuses some of the others would have given

have to agree Vettel hasnt acted spoilt, or poorly, at any point this season. In Turkey Red Bull made a decision to back him after the crash and at Silverstone he did what any driver in the world would do-he took a part that would give him an advantage.

The things that paint him in a negative light are the teams doing not his, Alonso on the other hand is a somewhat different story!

• Advertisement

Maybe its just me but the face on hiim when he doesnt win says alot. Add this to his reaction to the crash with webber, & his comment after one of the races about knowing who your friends are or something like that & he is not shown in a good light.
    I detest him at this stage......and thats not even thinking about the FINGER.

Maybe its just me but the face on hiim when he doesnt win says alot. Add this to his reaction to the crash with webber, & his comment after one of the races about knowing who your friends are or something like that & he is not shown in a good light.

Other people would describe that as 'wearing his heart on his sleeve'. Personally I much prefer drivers to be honest and say what they actually mean. Instead of making that comment about knowing who your friends are he could just as easily have trotted out the usual old cliches - 'the team did a great job today, for sure blah blah blah'. I think its great that he doesn't just put on corporate face and do the PC thing for the team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

He should be pissed off when he doesn't win, he is in the best car on the grid. In that car if he is happy with second then he shouldn't be in F1.
    His immediate reaction wasn't great but so what im sure the adrenalin was flowing. (crashing into his team mate was bad but the reaction meh )
    As for the comment we don't know what he was talking about because your one never followed it up. It was a meaningless throw away comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,788 ✭✭✭amacca

fair point I suppose, actions do speak louder than words and it did show a bit of spine to say he was asleep...was sort of finding it hard to come up with any defence for including him in the spoiled child section of the formula 1 grid until the below was posted

I couldn't put my finger on it but its the smiling happy go lucky everthings fantastic 110% before the racesmile.gif contrasted with his facial expression when something doesn't go quite rightmad.gif ...he just has such a sulky childish looking head on him when the race doesn't go perfectly for him...I find it insincere, childish and I don't think hes acting, I think it reflects his personality ....I think I'd have less of dislike of him if he was consistently sulky or happy and not shuttling over and back between the two more rapidly than his car gets from 0-60...... not much of a reason so i suppose ill have to admit I'm fickle. . in any event as Ive said before it makes the thing entertaining so I'm all for any sportsmen in any discipline being able to speak their not being shackled and trotting out the same old trite pc same old same old....but you can see why they are coached as being yourself can backfire badly if the watching public don't like your style very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

two of us thinking of going to hungarian gp, never there before, but attended grand prix other countries, am wondering if there is an irish group tour going, also is it an easy one to get tickets at this stage, also are services such as, trains and acommodation pricey and are they easy access, what is food like,

Advertisement