Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic Blues - Cork

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭source

What do students wear now? Or is it that there just isn't any of them in over a year?

There haven't been any in quite a while. Templemore is a ghost town at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

harr wrote: »
    It has to be very frustrating for the guards that the lad in the red BMW was released with no charge like been caught with heroin and the stuff in the car,i know it would be hard to prosecuted for the blade and hammer but how did he escape the drug charge? :confused: And how many guards did it take off the street just to bring one person through the custody and questioning process?

He wasn't released he went straight to mountjoy as he had an outstanding warrant for his arrest,

Re the heroin, they were smoking it in the car & most likely just a small amount and wouldn't be enough to get a decent prosecution from it, At the end of the day they got a result with him being taken of the streets for a month,But yes it must be very frustrating,its a thankless job for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Thumbs up here too. A HUGE improvement on the last series.
    Hope it keeps it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Huge improvement, need to watch the chase bit again as that was on our road at one point, I remember being woken up by the noise of the chopper that night, it was so loud. Great to see it in action though with its camera and all!!!! as well as the rest of the kit displayed in the show, very impressive.

What happened with the stinger ? I missed a few seconds of it.

Glad to see they were not shy about smashing the window and dragging that scum from the car.

It did had a very Roadwars feel to it compared to the 1st series but in a good way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

I was looking forward to watching this and had it set to record, i was very impressed!! production is great quality, not the usual gammy looking Irish visual production haha.. I have this show series linked now! shows AGS in a good light :) great stuff!

murphym7 wrote: »
    Quote of the show was this though, when the lads were following the woman in the Audi "You were completely oblivious to our unmarked car" , classic!!:D

It must be a blind spot on the Audi 1.8T because the very same happened to a driver in Waterford on Saturday morning at the tall ships.. here's what happened...
    I was driving through the city and as you can imagine the traffic is mental for the Tall Ships fest, but you have to expect that because of the weekend that is in it, nothing you can do... well this lad figured that if he bullied everyone on the road he would get there quicker.. so he is beeping people off the road left right and center (i was behind him observing all this), then we came upon a set of lights an an intersection, they were green but by the time we got to them they went orange and a white van ahead of him stopped, so he decide to start beeping and shouting at the van............ Out popped a member of AGS :D

I nearly fell out of my car laughing at this!! The guard started calling him a bully and said "If you had driven up along side me and saw the Garda logo you wouldnt be beeping! would you? Stop Bullying people!"

AGS : 1
    Obnoxious Driver : 0

Justice!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

What do students wear now? Or is it that there just isn't any of them in over a year?
    -fondly recalls blue epaulettes-

Innocent times..!

foinse wrote: »
    That chase was definitely old footage, haven't seen blue packs in years.
    NGA wrote: »
    The date was October 2008 I think on the video. Could have been recorded for the first series and not aired.

They obviously had to wait for the court case to finish for that clip.

And re the simple possession of drugs, you'll generally always be released pending summons as the drugs have to be analysed first.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

The two guards featured in the chase are also the only two from the first series that reappear in this programme so safe to say it probably got recorded originally for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hill St Blue

Only getting around to watching it now...far better than the first series, so kudos to all involved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

sdeire wrote: »
    The two guards featured in the chase are also the only two from the first series that reappear in this programme so safe to say it probably got recorded originally for that.

But weren't they both Garda last time where as now one of them is a Sargeant ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Where exactly are all the film locations? I wonder if there will be a Waterford episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Very enjoyable show,all the members involved looked very professional,good to see footage from the helicopter too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

But weren't they both Garda last time where as now one of them is a Sargeant ?

Nope, my Mam actually knows him (one of them anyway, I think she said). He was a Sgt in the last one cos I watched it all back a few weeks ago when it was repeated.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

A big improvement on the previous series, looking forward to the next episode.

I don't know if this is a coincidence or not but I when watching I saw that the call sign name was Tango Bravo of the lads chasing the Mondeo, (never noticed the other scenes) but I wondering if TB is an abbreviation of Traffic Blues ? I know that in Road Wars the pro-active units call sign was Tango Victor which really meant Tele-Vision so as they wouldn't be sent to fatal RTA's or something alone those lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

All traffic units are designated Tango. The 2nd letter then designates where they're based.
    Highly doubt it has anything to do with the show

Grrr was meant to say that the wouldn't be sent to....
    All traffic units are designated Tango. The 2nd letter then designates where they're based.
    Highly doubt it has anything to do with the show

A coincidence it is then :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Ok lads, talk of call signs are usually not allowed here, however if it made it onto tv then Án GS obviously dont mind the fact that people know the Traffic Corps call sign in Dublin is Tango Bravo.

However, there are divisional traffic units in Dublin but there is to be no talk of their call signs here, even though they operate off encrypted radios.

As other people have said, around the country most traffic corps call signs involve the word Tango...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Chief--- wrote: »
    Ok lads, talk of call signs are usually not allowed here, however if it made it onto tv then Án GS obviously dont mind the fact that people know the Traffic Corps call sign in Dublin is Tango Bravo.

However, there are divisional traffic units in Dublin but there is to be no talk of their call signs here, even though they operate off encrypted radios.

As other people have said, around the country most traffic corps call signs involve the word Tango...
    Sorry chief, meant to mention that in my post. Only reason I said that was it was on the show.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Yeah dont worry about it.

Id love to see the chase uploaded to youtube.

So we could link to it here........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

sdeire wrote: »

what - no Garda Roarty in this series................:o:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

I know that in Road Wars the pro-active units call sign was Tango Victor which really meant Tele-Vision so as they wouldn't be sent to fatal RTA's or something alone those lines.

I thought Tango Victor meant Thames Valley

donvito99 wrote: »
    I thought Tango Victor meant Thames Valley
    The now famous “TV” call signs were created to allow Control Rooms to differentiate between the marked traffic units and the new proactive team and therefore not try and despatch them to road collisions/motorway commitments for which they were not equipped

http://www.road-wars.co.uk/unitinfo/proactivehistory.html

I read something similar as well on a different site which I cant find at the moment.

Anyway like it was proved earlier the call sign was just a coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Helicopter's call sign Alpha Sierra presumably stands for air support?

(Was mentioned on the show too,if not okay to discuss mods feel free to delete!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,895 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Any youtube footage of it?

Any youtube footage of it?

It should be on the RTÉ player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Tollda

Its only on RTE Player for people living in the Republic of Ireland :mad:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,767 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Tollda wrote: »
    Its only on RTE Player for people living in the Republic of Ireland :mad:
    I live across the border in the North and I can get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

Just watched tonight's esp of traffic blues good chases again cork next week jack lynch tunnel rta

Advertisement