Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic Blues - Cork

Options
  • 27-07-2010 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

think the next series is being filmed with Cork City Traffic Corps

personally i think its stupid going out with traffic corp. i'd prefer to see them in cities and busy towns at night time see the antics we're faced with

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

you might even see some regulars from here in it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

pa990 wrote: »
    you might even see some regulars from here in it

You may:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭da__flash

You may:D

now whers my mask when i need it :D

da__flash wrote: »
    now whers my mask when i need it :D

Someone left a gimp mask in the boot last week.. Is that your's ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

1922 wrote: »
    thin
    personally i think its stupid going out with traffic corp.

There's a lot of women who have discovered this to their cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

deadwood wrote: »
    There's a lot of women who have discovered this to their cost.

Your missus hasn't complained about me yet:D

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭1922

ah touche

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

it's better than nothing op and would rather get traffic corps cork than nothing at all. would definitely prefer something more along the lines of "street wars" though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

I don't deal with nuisance calls.

Sure, what's 3 minutes between friends?

being filmed at present...passed through a chackpoint today and a camera crew were with the traffic corp boys

• Advertisement

being filmed at present...passed through a chackpoint today and a camera crew were with the traffic corp boys

where abouts

pa990 wrote: »
    where abouts

this was just past the badon road roundabout heading west....around 11am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭da__flash

this was just past the badon road roundabout heading west....around 11am

nothing but interesting footage to be shot at 11am i m sure going to make for thrilling tv i m sure even better then the first one:P:rolleyes::cool:

nothing but interesting footage to be shot at 11am i m sure going to make for thrilling tv i m sure even better then the first one:P:rolleyes::cool:

you'd be surprised, i've had drunk drivers crash into roundabouts at 10am on a mid week morning.

Dangerous / careless driving at all hours of the day.

and general silliness on the roads can be witnessed morning noon and night

they had a alot of hgv's pulled in so i can only assume it was a scheduled tipsol checkpoint anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

I just hope its better than the first one and we get to see gardai doing things for real - one of the most unbelievable things I've seen on TV was the drunk driver who tied up a unit for over an hour refusing to get out of his car-truly awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

delancey42 wrote: »
    one of the most unbelievable things I've seen on TV was the drunk driver who tied up a unit for over an hour refusing to get out of his car-truly awful.

When watching that I asked myself - what would the NYPD have done? ;);)

When watching that I asked myself - what would the NYPD have done? ;);)

Screw the NYPD - what would the Guards have done if the cameras weren't there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

delancey42 wrote: »
    Screw the NYPD - what would the Guards have done if the cameras weren't there ?

Not left the dipstick in his car for an hour anyway. They ended up pulling him out, should have been done after 1 minute, not 60. Same result FFS, cameras or not.

sdonn wrote: »
    Not left the dipstick in his car for an hour anyway. They ended up pulling him out, should have been done after 1 minute, not 60. Same result FFS, cameras or not.

Exactly ! I'll bet there were Gardai the length and breadth of the country cringing while watching that scene. The cameras really dictated how that incident was dealt with - certainly the Gardai were not in control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

Too true. I got the feeling when watching Traffic Blues that it was heavily censored. Does AGS still have a strained relationship with RTE after the prime-time yoke years ago?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Private Eye

Regarding Taffic Cops filiming. I travel from Mayo to west cork few times each month, and would willingly allow any traffic cop to accompany me with camera to witness the unbeliveable wreckless driving I encounter from ruthless dangerous drivers.
    • Overtaking on inside lane. Not using indicators before darting out infront of overtaking traffic.
    • Speeding and using mobile phones. Children in front seats.
    • Tailgating in heavy rain or foggy conditions.
    • Not dimming headlights. Using foglights in built up areas.
    • Lane jumping. and Hogging the outside land of the motorway at 80km!!!!
    • Running red traffic lights at 2am!!!! Limerick & Blarney in particular.
    • Showing no respect for Roundabout Rules.
    The list is endless...But we only have one life.
    Anyone willing to take up my challange and film the reality ...:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I don't understand the objection to front fogs. It's two extra bulbs...it looks better on some cars and is extra visibility in all cases.

OT, sorry, but needed to say that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Regarding Taffic Cops filiming. I travel from Mayo to west cork few times each month, and would willingly allow any traffic cop to accompany me with camera to witness the unbeliveable wreckless driving I encounter from ruthless dangerous drivers.
    • Overtaking on inside lane. Not using indicators before darting out infront of overtaking traffic.
    • Speeding and using mobile phones. Children in front seats.
    • Tailgating in heavy rain or foggy conditions.
    • Not dimming headlights. Using foglights in built up areas.
    • Lane jumping. and Hogging the outside land of the motorway at 80km!!!!
    • Running red traffic lights at 2am!!!! Limerick & Blarney in particular.
    • Showing no respect for Roundabout Rules.
    The list is endless...But we only have one life.
    Anyone willing to take up my challange and film the reality ...:eek::eek:

I think we've all seen things like this and wished a Garda was around, unfortunately they can't be on every stretch of the roads. I've found reporting the behaviour does get acted upon, even if it can't be prosecuted, they'll at least receive a visit and a ticking off.

Slightly OT btw, but to the best of my knowledge having children in front seats isn't illegal - so long as they are in an appropriate seat. Rear-facing seats are not allowed in the front when airbags are active.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Private Eye

Well I dont agree with the statement of 'just two extra bulbs' ??
    Any driver who needs spotlights in built up areas has two options:
    to give up driving or go to Specsavers.
    Have you ever been blinded by a ruthless driver who only dimms at last minute and you are left in the glare of the spots ever???, be honest.

Research shows, that if a child front seat passenger hit by airbag the impact can break the childs neck, due to weight and height of the child .
    Check out the recent AA survey of nearly 7000 drivers
    - IRISH DRIVERS STILL HAVE A LOT OF BAD HABITS, IN TERMS OF EVERYDAY DISCIPLINE.
    Accidents dont happen - they are caused

Cyclist can also appreciate other road users and show more courtsey when cycling in groups or using correct hand signals.
    Thats the end of my rant folks.. Happy motoring everybody. and do spare a thought for the Garda who has to knock on someone's door and relay the news of a 'loved ones' road accident..

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

I don't understand the objection to front fogs. It's two extra bulbs...it looks better on some cars and is extra visibility in all cases.

1. Your full beams are also "two extra bulbs" but you're not supposed to have them on all the time either

2. It does't look better on any car. They are light bulbs ffs.

3. Again, your full lights are extra visibilty, so why not leave them on all the time? Oh wait, maybe it's because a 1.5m X 3m car with its low beam lights on is actually visible in all conditions...

When visibility is reduced (falling snow, driving rain, heavy fog) it's a good idea to make yourself and the road around you more easily visible to other drivers. Even then they should be turned off when you're close to other vehicles. Ever driven behind someone with theire rear fog light on for an extended period of time? It's the same thing when you're driving in front of someone with their front fog lights on.

Now I suggest you familiarise yourself with the rules of the road before making such a moronic comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

Anyway I came here to bump this thread cos I want to know when this is going to air, if anyone knows? Last year it aired around May, I wonder are they following the same schedule? :D

Anyone, any news on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

It is 2 high intensity bulbs which obscure all other hazards. There is also a reason it is called a "fog" light and not a "driving" light.

sheesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hally_89

Same as myself. I enjoyed the last one tbh watching AGS rather than the english or americans to see the different things we do compare to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

It is 2 high intensity bulbs which obscure all other hazards. There is also a reason it is called a "fog" light and not a "driving" light.

sheesh.

Out of curiousity has anyone ever been prosecuted for inappropriate use of fog lights?

The amount of abuse I have taken for asking (politely) for people to turn them off. In the UK people thank you for pointing it out as the police will prosecute/fine.

Advertisement