Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who runs Hollywood? Oliver Stone is right.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

This is why it is "bad"

So sympathy, sympathy, sympathy...

And what else should a film about a ****ing genocide be like?
    A comedy?
    Coming soon: Carry on Khmer Rouge?

Seriously, that post was disgraceful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭TMoreno

King Mob wrote: »
    You mean things that are shown in stuff like Band of Brothers, The Pacific and Saving Private Ryan?
    Or in the great film Grave of the Fireflies, produced in Japan but distributed in the US by a New York based company.

How about movies that focus on the Nazi's war crimes around the world?
    Or the nasty **** Imperial Japan did in Korea and China?
    Are their many of them?

Because the Holocaust actually happened maybe?

You are missing the point. War is horrible, horrific and the winner is always the best Butcher and the Best killer. All wars!
    By assuming that there are good wars we just give an excuse to go for another war. You want to start a war? Just compare the enemy to Hitler! That can lead to tragedy. See the war in Iraq.

Regarding the Holocaust. I remind you that a Holocaust is a sacrificial burning.
    Therefore we should call the whole WWII a Holocaust because the Germans and the Japanese were also burned... but they were burned alive! We can estimate (just an estimation it could be more or less) that 60 million people died during WWII: Russians, Germans, Polish, Jews, Serbs, French, Italians, Japanese, English etc.. The deniers are those who never mention this fact.
    Regarding the Holocaust there will be an open debate about the whole thing. People are not scared anymore. Blackmail does not work anymore. You see if you question the Holocaust in Germany you can go to jail... and your lawyer too! Ask Horst Mailer and Sylvia Stolz. If they were ready to go to prison for defending their ideas, I can bear the accusation of Anti Semite. I don't care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

TMoreno wrote: »
    They are not Jewish so I guess they are not interesting for Hollywood.
    yeah all movies out of hollywood are about the jews..
    Ah yeah I see what your getting at-avatar,terminator salvation,taxi driver,bladerunner,toy story 3d:rolleyes:

At least put a bit off effort in and try and dress up your anti-semitism a bit(PM brown bomber he will give you a few tips on a)making a CT and b) making it not look like its anti-semitic:pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

You are missing the point. War is horrible, horrific and the winner is always the best Butcher and the Best killer. All wars!
    By assuming that there are good wars we just give an excuse to go for another war. You want to start a war? Just compare the enemy to Hitler! That can lead to tragedy. See the war in Iraq.
    So then you can't show that the horrors of WW2 are unfairly portrayed.
    Instead you're going to waffle?
    Great.
    I shouldn't really have expected an adult discussion....
    Regarding the Holocaust. I remind you that a Holocaust is a sacrificial burning.
    Therefore we should call the whole WWII a Holocaust because the Germans and the Japanese were also burned... but they were burned alive! We can estimate (just an estimation it could be more or less) that 60 million people died during WWII: Russians, Germans, Polish, Jews, Serbs, French, Italians, Japanese, English etc.. The deniers are those who never mention this fact.
    Regarding the Holocaust there will be an open debate about the whole thing. People are not scared anymore. Blackmail does not work anymore. You see if you question the Holocaust in Germany you can go to jail... and your lawyer too! Ask Horst Mailer and Sylvia Stolz. If they were ready to go to prison for defending their ideas, I can bear the accusation of Anti Semite. I don't care.
    And you have a masters? Really?

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    yeah all movies out of hollywood are about the jews..
    Ah yeah I see what your getting at-avatar,terminator salvation,taxi driver,bladerunner,toy story 3d:rolleyes:

At least put a bit off effort in and try and dress up your anti-semitism a bit(PM brown bomber he will give you a few tips on a)making a CT and b) making it not look like its anti-semitic:pac:)

Semitic? So called "Jews" are not Semites.
    It's 2010. The whole world is going down. If telling the truth is Anti -Semitic, fine. I don't care.

• Advertisement

It's 2010. The whole world is going down. If telling the truth is Anti -Semitic, fine. I don't care.
    Ah so it's ok then to accuse people of something sinister based solely on their heritage then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

By assuming that there are good wars we just give an excuse to go for another war.

So there are no good wars? We should let genocidal dictators theow their weight around?

I hate this attitude. Yes, war is an awful, awful thing. Yes, when you get to the international level, no-one can really be the good guy. But what you CAN be is not hell-bent on killing all the Jews, Roma, gays, Jehovah's Witnesses, alcoholics, disabled, and political undesirables.

Also, the Jews are Semitic, but they aren't the only semitic race. The pedant in me gets bugged by that too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

course could be just a coincidence:rolleyes:

Wait.... you think that Jewish movie producers, writers, etc. (from competing studios) conspired over a 5 year period, to finance and produce films which show jews in a sympathetic light in order so that a foreign government could retaliate to rocket attacks in the Gaza strip?

:confused:

If you actually believe that, then you are an anti-semite. No two ways about it.

By the way, the reader is a movie which is sympathetic to a Nazi murderer.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭onlyrocknroll

t.

Arggh this is getting frustrating.
    You used the word "holohoax" and said that history is made of "lies", both of which I interpret as meaning that the holocaust never took place.

Can you please give me some argument to this affect. I get it, you're not scared, blackmail does not work and you don't care if I accuse you of being an anti-Semite, etc but can you actually even begin to defend your claim.

I wonder how you got on in you history MA because you seem incapable of historical discussion.

So then you can't show that the horrors of WW2 are unfairly portrayed.
    Instead you're going to waffle?
    Great.
    I shouldn't really have expected an adult discussion....

And you have a masters? Really?

What's your point? It's true that a lot of European and Asians died during WWII.
    Saying that make you doubt about my degree? I don't understand.

• Advertisement

What's your point? It's true that a lot of European and Asians died during WWII.
    Yes they did. No one is denying it.
    Saying that make you doubt about my degree? I don't understand.
    The fact that you style of writing is confused, rambling and nonsensical. As well as the fact don't seem to have a grasp of events beyond your chosen agenda.

So yea, I think you're bull****ting about having a qualification.
    A common feature of holocaust deniers.

Arggh this is getting frustrating.
    You used the word "holohoax" and said that history is made of "lies", both of which I interpret as meaning that the holocaust never took place.

Can you please give me some argument to this affect. I get it, you're not scared, blackmail does not work and you don't care if I accuse you of being an anti-Semite, etc but can you actually even begin to defend your claim.

I wonder how you got on in you history MA because you seem incapable of historical discussion.

You have to convince me that Zyklon B was used to gas Jews. You have to prove the 6 millions Jews died. You have to show me an order from Hitler to exterminate Jews. Where is it? Just one order. As long as I don't see the evidence I will never believe it.
    Don't bother ask Hollywood.

Yes they did. No one is denying it.

rambling and nonsensical. As well as the fact don't seem to have a grasp of events beyond your chosen agenda.

So yea, I think you're bull****ting about having a qualification.
    A common feature of holocaust deniers.

The fact that you style of writing is confused, [/I]? You mean your style;).

You have to convince me that Zyklon B was used to gas Jews. You have to prove the 6 millions Jews died. You have to show me an order from Hitler to exterminate Jews. Where is it? Just one order. As long as I don't see the evidence I will never believe it.
    And all of this evidence is provided by proper historians doing proper research in properly peer review journals.

In fact if you had really done a history degree you probably would have heard of most of this, including exactly where and when Hitler ordered the final solution.

But don't bother asking the crack pots you listen to, they wouldn't give you the full story.

You mean your style;).
    No I mean yours.
    It's clearly not of a graduate quality.

But yea, saying the equivalent of "No you are!", is totally going to show your maturity and qualifications.

Yeah gimme a lecture on semantics while your at it and a historical one on the khazars while your at it:rolleyes:

LoL the end is nigh!!!before your hide in your eco friendly bomb shelter better make sure we know who to blame!!

you'd be better off posting on stormfront tbh if you looking for agreement

And all of this evidence is provided by proper historians doing proper research in properly peer review journals.

In fact if you had really done a history degree you probably would have heard of most of this, including exactly where and when Hitler ordered the final solution.

But don't bother asking the crack pots you listen to, they wouldn't give you the full story.

History is not perfect. We try to understand what happened. It's always difficult to be fair and accurate. There is not such thing as the authority in History. A historian must be humble and Hollywood should be more humble as well.

You have to convince me that Zyklon B was used to gas Jews.

I'll be back to you on this one
    You have to prove the 6 millions Jews died.

You have to show me an order from Hitler to exterminate Jews. Where is it? Just one order.

No document signed by Hitler has been found. However, he expressed on many, many occasions that he wished to do so. Have a quick gander at Mein Kampf to see what his intentions were...although I've no doubt that it is one of your favourite books.

Goebbels in his personal diary said
    February 14, 1942: The Führer once again expressed his determination to clean up the Jews in Europe pitilessly. There must be no squeamish sentimentalism about it. The Jews have deserved the catastrophe that has now overtaken them. Their destruction will go hand in hand with the destruction of our enemies. We must hasten this process with cold ruthlessness

This diary contains numerous other references to the mass extermination of Jews, including how "tens of thousands of them are liquidated" in eastern occupied territory, and that "the greater the number of Jews liquidated, the more consolidated will the situation in Europe be after this war."

What do you think Himmler meant when he said
    "I am currently talking about the "evacuation" of the Jews, the extermination of the Jewish people. It is one of those things that is easily said. 'The Jewish people is being exterminated,' every Party member will tell you, 'perfectly clear, it's part of our plans, we're eliminating the Jews, exterminating them.
    ?

As long as I don't see the evidence as long as the genocide is of Jews I will never believe it.

FYP

History is not perfect. We try to understand what happened. It's always difficult to be fair and accurate. There is not such thing as the authority in History. A historian must be modest.
    So therefore it's ok for the guys you believe to be biased, dishonest and often out and out racist then?

Honest question: have you ever actually tried looking for this evidence yourself, independent for the usual crackpots you believe unquestioningly?
    I mean if you actually have a masters in history, such research would be a breeze...

yekahs wrote: »
    I'll be back to you on this one

No document signed by Hitler has been found. However, he expressed on many, many occasions that he wished to do so. Have a quick gander at Mein Kampf to see what his intentions were...although I've no doubt that it is one of your favourite books.

Goebbels in his personal diary said

This diary contains numerous other references to the mass extermination of Jews, including how "tens of thousands of them are liquidated" in eastern occupied territory, and that "the greater the number of Jews liquidated, the more consolidated will the situation in Europe be after this war."

What do you think Himmler meant when he said ?

FYP

Show me one order. Just one. Show me the page in Mein Kampf saying that Hitler is going to exterminate the Jews. Just one page please.
    Hollywood does not show History fairly, therefore we must ask who run it.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Undergod wrote: »
    And what else should a film about a ****ing genocide be like?
    A comedy?
    Coming soon: Carry on Khmer Rouge?

Seriously, that post was disgraceful.

You missed the point. The abundance of holocaust hollywood movies softens up the goy to justify in their mind the Nazi actions of Israel.

Your all missing the point; your all being suckered. TMoreno raises a lot of valid points but your brains refuses to acknowledge them because you've been conditioned to accept falsehoods.

Quite clearly Jews are dominant in Hollywood and the US media in general. Pointing this out gets the reaction "anti-semitism", "holocaust" and all the usual non-related bollox your brain associates with any criticism of Jews.

So therefore it's ok for the guys you believe to be biased, dishonest and often out and out racist then?

Honest question: have you ever actually tried looking for this evidence yourself, independent for the usual crackpots you believe unquestioningly?
    I mean if you actually have a masters in history, such research would be a breeze...

Crackpot? That's not nice. Your guys are of course never biased and dishonest.
    I listen to everybody. Hollywood does not.

You missed the point. The abundance of holocaust hollywood movies softens up the goy to justify in their mind the Nazi actions of Israel.

Your all missing the point; your all being suckered. TMoreno raises a lot of valid points but your brains refuses to acknowledge them because you've been conditioned to accept falsehoods.

Quite clearly Jews are dominant in Hollywood and the US media in general. Pointing this out gets the reaction "anti-semitism", "holocaust" and all the usual non-related bollox your brain associates with any criticism of Jews.

No you are the one missing the point.

Everyone here has acknowledged that Jewish people run the major Hollywood studios.

No one denies that.

The "reaction" of anti-semitism comes when the claim that because hollywood is being run by Jews, that they are hoodwinking us all into hating arabs and going to war and believing in the Holocaust.

The first person to bring up the Holocaust was TMoreno when he disgustingly referred to it as the holohoax. Then you were next with your racist theory of the studies conspiring with the state of Israel to invade Gaza.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Wait.... you think that Jewish movie producers, writers, etc. (from competing studios) conspired over a 5 year period, to finance and produce films which show jews in a sympathetic light in order so that a foreign government could retaliate to rocket attacks in the Gaza strip?

:confused:

If you actually believe that, then you are an anti-semite. No two ways about it.

Former Israeli Minister Shulamit Aloni on anti-semitism

It's a trick. We always use it.

I'm definitely not anti-semitic. I've just bought an apartment in Paris from a Jewish man, in a Jewish section, with its own synagogue, where practically all my neighbours are Orthodox Jews. I have no problems with them at all.

Gonna have to pull you up on this though.
    in order so that a foreign government could retaliate to rocket attacks in the Gaza strip?

It was an occupying government which did not retalliate but attacked Palestinians within Palestine who were observing a ceasefire - look it up.

Your all missing the point; your all being suckered. TMoreno raises fukk all valid points but your brains refuses to acknowledge them because you've been conditioned to not believe any old crap posted on the internet

FYP.

At last! You are claiming that is insufficient evidence for the Holocaust.
    The arguments for these facts are too lengthy and numerous for me to recount in a lot of detail without a little time to study but I know the gist.

There is plenty of physical evidence of gas chambers from the actual camps themselves, the gas chambers are still intact, this is the evidence that finally convinced David Irvine.

There was the testimony from from captured Nazis such Rudolf Höss about the use of Zyklon B.

Documentary evidence from Aushwitz and Triblinka gives great detail about those executed. And the Nazis also kept documents detailing the planned elimination of Jews, and also recorded their population figures as they declined

There is of course the testimony of those who were held in camps. I know that you probably discount this as they were mainly Jewish.

Hitler's letters and personal records prove that he planned the elimination of the Jews before the war began, as do reported conversations with others. Lack of evidence of an actual order is insufficient to deny that he gave one. He planned to eliminate Jews, there was mass murder of Jews, and he was the leader. Any student of history, who should know how to draw conclusions from evidence, should draw the correct inference from that.

There is much, much more evidence given by professional historians. Holocaust deniers base all their arguments around silly unsubstantiated claims denying the validity of the evidence given . i.e. the surviver are all lying, confessions were extracted, documents were forged etc. The burden of prove is on you to verify these claims, the argument for the existence of the Holocaust is sound and convincing

I mean if you actually have a masters in history
    LO fuking L

yeah one he made with photoshop

Show me one order. Just one.

Ever heard of creationists?? They use similar tactics. You pick one or two things and obsess over them. You cannot see the woods from the tree. You ignore the mountains of research, evidence, testimony and documentation which exists and insist on not believing til you see the order.

Again, what do you think Himmler meant when he said "I am currently talking about the "evacuation" of the Jews, the extermination of the Jewish people. It is one of those things that is easily said. 'The Jewish people is being exterminated,' every Party member will tell you, 'perfectly clear, it's part of our plans, we're eliminating the Jews, exterminating them." ?
    Show me the page in Mein Kampf saying that Hitler is going to exterminate the Jews. Just one page please.

How about this one?
    If at the beginning of the war and during the war twelve or fifteen thousand of these Hebrew corrupters of the people had been held under poison gas, as happened to hundreds of thousands of our very best German workers in the field, the sacrifice of millions at the front would not have been in vain.

In 1922 Hitler told Major Josef Hell (a journalist at the time):
    Once I really am in power, my first and foremost task will be the annihilation of the Jews. As soon as I have the power to do so, I will have gallows built in rows—at the Marienplatz in Munich, for example—as many as traffic allows. Then the Jews will be hanged indiscriminately, and they will remain hanging until they stink; they will hang there as long as the principles of hygiene permit. As soon as they have been untied, the next batch will be strung up, and so on down the line, until the last Jew in Munich has been exterminated. Other cities will follow suit, precisely in this fashion, until all Germany has been completely cleansed of Jews.
    Hollywood does not show History fairly, therefore we must ask who run it.

Most history MA's don't look to hollywood to get their historical evidence :pac:

No you are the one missing the point.

Everyone here has acknowledged that Jewish people run the major Hollywood studios.

No one denies that.

The "reaction" of anti-semitism comes when the claim that because hollywood is being run by Jews, that they are hoodwinking us all into hating arabs and going to war and believing in the Holocaust.

The first person to bring up the Holocaust was TMoreno when he disgustingly referred to it as the holohoax. Then you were next with your racist theory of the studies conspiring with the state of Israel to invade Gaza.

If there is a match of Football between Ireland and England. The referee is English. England win 10-0. England had 8 penalties and scored two goals with the hand. The English players elbowed 4 Irish players without receiving a single yellow card while Ireland has received 5 red cards.
    Am I an English Hater or a bigot just because I think that the result has something to do with the referee being English? No!

• Advertisement

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    LO fuking L

yeah one he made with photoshop

Where did you get your Master TMoreno? Was it research or taught? What was your area? I'm a little skeptical myself.

Its only valid because you did seemed to offer your qualification as an argument from authority earlier.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement