Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who runs Hollywood? Oliver Stone is right.

Options
  • 27-07-2010 9:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭

The title of this article used to be "How Jewish is Hollywood". It was published in the LA Times the 19th of December 2008. I think it's important with the recent comments from Oliver Stone, to establish the facts.

Who runs Hollywood? C'mon
    December 19, 2008|JOEL STEIN

I have never been so upset by a poll in my life. Only 22% of Americans now believe "the movie and television industries are pretty much run by Jews," down from nearly 50% in 1964. The Anti-Defamation League, which released the poll results last month, sees in these numbers a victory against stereotyping. Actually, it just shows how dumb America has gotten. Jews totally run Hollywood.

How deeply Jewish is Hollywood? When the studio chiefs took out a full-page ad in the Los Angeles Times a few weeks ago to demand that the Screen Actors Guild settle its contract, the open letter was signed by: News Corp. President Peter Chernin (Jewish), Paramount Pictures Chairman Brad Grey (Jewish), Walt Disney Co. Chief Executive Robert Iger (Jewish), Sony Pictures Chairman Michael Lynton (surprise, Dutch Jew), Warner Bros. Chairman Barry Meyer (Jewish), CBS Corp. Chief Executive Leslie Moonves (so Jewish his great uncle was the first prime minister of Israel), MGM Chairman Harry Sloan (Jewish) and NBC Universal Chief Executive Jeff Zucker (mega-Jewish). If either of the Weinstein brothers had signed, this group would have not only the power to shut down all film production but to form a minyan with enough Fiji water on hand to fill a mikvah.

The person they were yelling at in that ad was SAG President Alan Rosenberg (take a guess). The scathing rebuttal to the ad was written by entertainment super-agent Ari Emanuel (Jew with Israeli parents) on the Huffington Post, which is owned by Arianna Huffington (not Jewish and has never worked in Hollywood.)

The Jews are so dominant, I had to scour the trades to come up with six Gentiles in high positions at entertainment companies. When I called them to talk about their incredible advancement, five of them refused to talk to me, apparently out of fear of insulting Jews. The sixth, AMC President Charlie Collier, turned out to be Jewish.

As a proud Jew, I want America to know about our accomplishment. Yes, we control Hollywood. Without us, you'd be flipping between "The 700 Club" and "Davey and Goliath" on TV all day.

So I've taken it upon myself to re-convince America that Jews run Hollywood by launching a public relations campaign, because that's what we do best. I'm weighing several slogans, including: "Hollywood: More Jewish than ever!"; "Hollywood: From the people who brought you the Bible"; and "Hollywood: If you enjoy TV and movies, then you probably like Jews after all."

I called ADL Chairman Abe Foxman, who was in Santiago, Chile, where, he told me to my dismay, he was not hunting Nazis. He dismissed my whole proposition, saying that the number of people who think Jews run Hollywood is still too high. The ADL poll, he pointed out, showed that 59% of Americans think Hollywood execs "do not share the religious and moral values of most Americans," and 43% think the entertainment industry is waging an organized campaign to "weaken the influence of religious values in this country."

That's a sinister canard, Foxman said. "It means they think Jews meet at Canter's Deli on Friday mornings to decide what's best for the Jews." Foxman's argument made me rethink: I have to eat at Canter's more often.

"That's a very dangerous phrase, 'Jews control Hollywood.' What is true is that there are a lot of Jews in Hollywood," he said. Instead of "control," Foxman would prefer people say that many executives in the industry "happen to be Jewish," as in "all eight major film studios are run by men who happen to be Jewish."

But Foxman said he is proud of the accomplishments of American Jews. "I think Jews are disproportionately represented in the creative industry. They're disproportionate as lawyers and probably medicine here as well," he said. He argues that this does not mean that Jews make pro-Jewish movies any more than they do pro-Jewish surgery. Though other countries, I've noticed, aren't so big on circumcision.

I appreciate Foxman's concerns. And maybe my life spent in a New Jersey-New York/Bay Area-L.A. pro-Semitic cocoon has left me naive. But I don't care if Americans think we're running the news media, Hollywood, Wall Street or the government. I just care that we get to keep running them.

jstein@latimescolumnists.com

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/dec/19/opinion/oe-stein19

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Yes the sinister Jew is sneaking into the minds of the people.

What do you suggest we do about this TMoreno?

Should we perhaps identify Jewish made movies in some manner?
    Maybe a little yellow Star of David on the posters?

Or Should we perhaps ban the Jews from owning production companies?

Or maybe we could go to Hollywood and smash the windows of the Jewish run companies.....
    There's a great German word for a night like this....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

It's not a revelation.

It's not a problem either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

King Mob wrote: »

Or maybe we could go to Hollywood and smash the windows of the Jewish run companies.....

Somebody please close this thread - it's getting ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭TMoreno

King Mob wrote: »

Sinister Jew? Who said that? You did!

The point here is that Oliver Stone is right. You can't have a fair information about World War II, 9/11, the Middle East if a small minority of people run 99% of Hollywood and the media as Hollywood is part of global media groups. The fact that this truth is hidden and fought without any argument other the old antisemitic blackmail proves that this debate is needed.

topper75 wrote: »
    It's not a revelation.

It's not a problem either.

Unfortunately it is a problem. Hollywood and the media influence people. Not entirely but significantly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

If you have a problem with people being influenced in their thinking, that is indeed a very big problem to have.:D

Who should make the movies then? Who would make movies without 'influencing' people in your opinion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

pfft ... no surprise really, <snip>....

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 33,389 ✭✭✭✭Penn

But it isn't the heads of the studios that have the great influence, its the actors. The public faces of the movies. The writers and directors who make the films. All the studio heads do is provide the funding and advertising for the movies, then try to make the movies as profitable as possible. But that isn't influence. That is business. The influence that Hollywood has on the media isn't the studios, because most people don't care what studio releases what film. It is the public faces of the movie an the creators of the movie

Besides, what have they done to influence movies? In what way have the Jewish studio heads made movies to be somehow pro-Jewish?

Also: "five of them refused to talk to me, apparently out of fear of insulting Jews."

Yeah, sure, that's why they refused to talk to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

TMoreno wrote: »

The point here is that Oliver Stone is right. You can't have a fair information about World War II, 9/11, the Middle East if a small minority of people run 99% of the Hollywood and the media as Hollywood is part of global media groups. The fact that this truth is hidden and fought without any argument other the old antisemitic blackmail proves that this debate is needed.

Yeah - because there's nothing anti-semetic in advocating quotas for jews in the media business. :rolleyes:

Maybe there's a case for not basing your knowledge of current affairs on the movie (entertainment) business? Maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

The fact that this truth is hidden and fought without any argument other the old antisemitic blackmail proves that this debate is needed.

It proves no such thing.

Time and time and time again, we see two correlated "facts" trotted out:

Hollywood is not known for its accurate portrayal of history...
    Prominent "movers and shakers" in Hollywood are Jewish...

Time and time and time again, we see the allegation that the two are connected, without any serious attempt to establish it. You haven't established it here. The article you quote doesn't establish it. Stone hasn't established it. You assert its true, and insist we need to discuss the implications.

Now consider these two facts:

"The Jews run Hollywood" has long been an argument used by people pushing an anti-semitic agenda.
    Someone insists that the debate is needed about what the implications of the Jews running Hollywood and controlling "the truth" is.

Again, time and time and time again, we see the allegation that the two are connected, without any serious attempt to establish it. You object to the two being linked, on the basis that its old and tired.

Why is one "a debate we need to have", and the other "blackmail"?

• Advertisement

bonkey wrote: »
    It proves no such thing.

Time and time and time again, we see two correlated "facts" trotted out:

Hollywood is not known for its accurate portrayal of history...
    Prominent "movers and shakers" in Hollywood are Jewish...

Time and time and time again, we see the allegation that the two are connected, without any serious attempt to establish it. You haven't established it here. The article you quote doesn't establish it. Stone hasn't established it. You assert its true, and insist we need to discuss the implications.

Now consider these two facts:

"The Jews run Hollywood" has long been an argument used by people pushing an anti-semitic agenda.
    Someone insists that the debate is needed about what the implications of the Jews running Hollywood and controlling "the truth" is.

Again, time and time and time again, we see the allegation that the two are connected, without any serious attempt to establish it. You object to the two being linked, on the basis that its old and tired.

Why is one "a debate we need to have", and the other "blackmail"?

Did you read the article from Joel Stein? You have the names and the position and you still deny that Hollywood is run by Jews?

Hollywood is run by Jews. That's not an opinion, it's a fact. I proved it with the article from Joel Stein ( a Jew) printed in the Los Angeles Times. Facts are facts. You give freely your opinion but I give facts.

The major Hollywood studio were created by Jews, facts are facts:

Warner Bros.
    The corporate name honors the four founding Warner brothers (born Wonskolaser)[3][4]—Harry (born Hirsz), Albert (born Aaron), Sam (born Szmul), and Jack (born Itzhak), Jews who emigrated from Poland
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warner_Bros.

Columbia.
    The predecessor of Columbia Pictures, Cohn-Brandt-Cohn Film Sales, was founded in 1919 by Harry Cohn, his brother Jack Cohn, and Joe Brandt.
    Cohn was born to a working-class German-Jewish family in New York City
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbia_Pictures

Universal
    Universal was founded by Carl Laemmle, a German-Jewish immigrant from Laupheim
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Studios

Paramount
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paramount_Pictures

Paramount Pictures can trace its beginning to the creation in May 1912 of the Famous Players Film Company. Founder Hungarian-born Adolph Zukor, who had been an early investor in nickelodeons, saw that movies appealed mainly to working-class immigrants. With partners Daniel Frohman and Charles Frohman

Zukor was born to a Jewish family in Ricse, Hungary
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolph_Zukor

David Frohman
    Daniel Frohman (August 22, 1851 - December 26, 1940) was a Jewish American theatrical producer and manager, and an early film producer.

Charles Frohman (July 15, 1856 – May 7, 1915) was a Jewish American theatrical producer. Frohman was producing plays by 1889 and acquired his first Broadway theatre by 1892. He discovered and promoted many stars of the American theatre.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Frohman

Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer

MGM was founded in 1924 when the entertainment entrepreneur Marcus Loew gained control of Metro Pictures, Goldwyn Pictures Corporation and Louis B. Mayer Pictures.
    Marcus Loew, born into a poor Jewish family in New York City
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Loew

Louis B Mayer
    Born Lazar Meir to a Jewish family in Minsk
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_B._Mayer_Pictures

20th Century Fox
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/20th_Century_Fox

The Fox Film Corporation was formed in 1915 by the theater "chain" pioneer William Fox, born Vilmos Fried (guess)
    An Empire Of Their Own: How the Jews Invented Hollywood, Neal Gabler
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Empire_Of_Their_Own:_How_the_Jews_Invented_Hollywood

Did you read the article from Joel Stein?

From the beginning till the end Hollywood was run by Jews, not just producers, but writers as well.

Everybody understand why you can't have a fair movie about WWII or the Palestinians. If you have 100% of the movie about Ireland made by British people, showing the Irish as being criminals, terrorists, dirty, stupid and evil while the British are always portrayed as nice, honest, and smart, you can imagine that it is not just a coincidence.

Need more proofs? Check the movie made by Jack Sheehan: Reel Bad Arabs: How Hollywood vilify People. http://www.reelbadarabs.com/
    You can find it on Youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

The movie industry started out in Europe at the start of the last century. Because of the outbreak of war, the industry in Europe died and many people fled Europe to America. Many of these people were also involved in movies, and a lot of Jewish families were among them because they had money to pay for their trip.

Westerns were big at the time and many small settlements were set up so that they could serve as hubs while westerns were filmed around them. Hollywood was one such hub. Since the land was mainly desert, it was dirt cheap, so lots of the European movie workers moved out that way and bought land, started business etc.

They managed to strike it lucky as the industry took off. And that's why many Hollywood companies are run by Jewish people.

Now, what exactly is the conspiracy? That they're all evil and out to corrupt us?

Also, out of curiosity, what's so off about WW2 movies, in your opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

Many Jews who left Germany in WWII went to America and some of these would have been working in the entertainment business in Germany before WWII. Naturally they would have been drawn to Jewish communities in America which had links to the entertainment business there. So anti-semitism and WWII are partly to "blame" for so many Jewish people running the entertainment business.

Not that I have any problems with it but it's food for thought for those who do.

If WWII and the holocaust hadn't taken place who would be running the entertainment business now if not Jewish people?

I was being sarcastic, you are the one accusing people of conspiring based solely on their heritage.
    The point here is that Oliver Stone is right. You can't have a fair information about World War II, 9/11, the Middle East if a small minority of people run 99% of Hollywood and the media as Hollywood is part of global media groups.
    Please show a few examples of the sinister Jews altering movies or scripts to push any agenda.
    Please show how they are putting out "unfair" information about any of those topics?
    The fact that this truth is hidden
    How is this truth hidden exactly when you just posted a list of studios and their heads who make no secret about being Jewish?
    and fought without any argument other the old antisemitic blackmail proves that this debate is needed.
    Well you see it is kinda antisemetic to accuse a group of Jews of conspiracy (especially when you haven't shown any examples of effects of this conspiracy) based solely on the ideas that they are Jewish, and for some reason Jewish people are unable to present information fairly.

So again: What would you recommend we do about this obviously dire situation?

Did you read the article from Joel Stein?

Yes, I did. In return, may I ask if you read my post?

ASsuming you're going to insist that you did, perhaps you could point out the bit where I "still deny that Hollywood is run by Jews"?

My issue is the assumption that the question of Hollywood's accuracy in historical portrayal is somehow linked to whoever is at the helm.

I wouldn't even question that people can point at stuff from WW2, 911, or any other topic you care to cherry-pick and point out that the Hollywood interpretation is inaccurate.

The thing is, though, that no-one has ever bothered to show that its more inaccurate then anything else coming out of Hollywood....nor that its in any way at odds with how Hollywood has changed its handling of subjects over the years to better sell to the public's changing tastes.

Even then, the question would still arise as to whether Hollywood was pandering to the public's mood, or attempting to influence it.

humanji wrote: »
    Also, out of curiosity, what's so off about WW2 movies, in your opinion?
    Well, apparently the Americans captured an Enigma machine...at least in the Hollywood reinterpretation of History.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭onlyrocknroll

Yeah this is really a serious problem.
    It's like law enforcement in the US which is 'run' by the Irish. This is obviously the result of a sinister conspiracy and affects the rights of all U.S. citizens. The law is distorted in favour of the Irish, and drinking and fighting (typical Irish persuits) go entirely unpunished. How can people be so blind to this problem?

And don't get me started on Italians dominating the Italian restaurant industry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

And don't get me started on Italians dominating the Italian restaurant industry.
    and dont forget garbage disposal:D
    At the OP still waiting on the CT......

bonkey wrote: »
    Well, apparently the Americans captured an Enigma machine...at least in the Hollywood reinterpretation of History.

What about exposing the murder of millions of Japanese civilians Germans civilians by the so called Allies? The rape of thousands of German women during the war. Hiroshima, Nagasaki. They are not Jewish so I guess they are not interesting for Hollywood.
    What about exposing the Holohoax?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭DeBunny

The title of this article used to be "How Jewish is Hollywood". It was published in the LA Times the 19th of December 2008. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

So Jews are good at business? Not really a revelation. They just happened to be better at movie and TV production than other groups. Survival of the fittest and all that.
    If you're really that worried about it, why not start you own production company?

You say it's a bad thing that ''Jews run Hollywood"; as if they all have the same agenda, yet you use an article from a Jewish writer. Jews obviously come from every part of the political spectrum.
    Can you show any evidence that these powerful Jews all have the same agenda? I'd be genuinely interested if you could, but I think it's more likely that they just happen to write and produce better films.
    They know what the market wants and they know how to get it to us. Same as Italians Dominating the Restaurant and Chipper business. The market gets what it wants.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Emme wrote: »
    Somebody please close this thread - it's getting ridiculous.

YES. SOMEBODY. STOP. HIM....HE'S. TELLING. THE ............TRUTH!!!

Yeah this is really a serious problem.
    It's like law enforcement in the US which is 'run' by the Irish. This is obviously the result of a sinister conspiracy and affects the rights of all U.S. citizens. The law is distorted in favour of the Irish, and drinking and fighting (typical Irish persuits) go entirely unpunished. How can people be so blind to this problem?

Sarcasm is sign of weakness.

The media influence people when they make decision about war and peace. Remember the War against Iraq.
    You can find any type of restaurant you want, Italian, Chinese, Indian etc.. That's a bad example.

What about exposing the murder of millions of Japanese civilians Germans civilians by the so called Allies? The rape of thousands of German women during the war. Hiroshima, Nagasaki. They are not Jewish so I guess they are not interesting for Hollywood.
    You mean things that are shown in stuff like Band of Brothers, The Pacific and Saving Private Ryan?
    Or in the great film Grave of the Fireflies, produced in Japan but distributed in the US by a New York based company.

How about movies that focus on the Nazi's war crimes around the world?
    Or the nasty **** Imperial Japan did in Korea and China?
    Are their many of them?
    Because the Holocaust actually happened maybe?

Nice to see your true agenda coming out here.

I suggest that you do a little research from credible sources ie. not the writings of anti-Semites with an obvious racist agenda or self-proclaimed "historians" who have been discredited both academically and legally and have even renounced their own views.

Are the photographs of piles of dead bodies that I saw recently at Dachau fake? Is my Dutch friend who claims father was has held and died in a concentration camp lying? Is this all being orchastrated by MGM?

Sarcasm is sign of weakness.

The media influence people when they make decision about war and peace. Remember the War against Iraq.
    You can find any type of restaurant you want, Italian, Chinese, Indian etc.. That's a bad example.

Sometimes it's easier to make a point with humour then with reason, especially when you question the reasoning faculties of your interlocutor.

I was obviously being facetious about the Italian restaurants, I think its pretty funny that you responded seriously to that.

Nice to see your true agenda coming out here.

I suggest that you do a little research from credible sources ie. not the writings of anti-Semites with an obvious racist agenda or self-proclaimed "historians" who have been discredited both academically and legally and have even renounced their own views.

Are the photographs of piles of dead bodies that I saw recently at Dachau fake? Is my Dutch friend who claims father was has held and died in a concentration camp lying? Is this all being orchastrated by MGM?

You have the version of the winner of the war and not the other side. Also Hollywood show you the version of the winner,
    Regarding History I do not accept any lesson as I have a Master Degree of History. History is also made with lies.

DeBunny wrote: »
    So Jews are good at business? Not really a revelation. They just happened to be better at movie and TV production than other groups. Survival of the fittest and all that.
    If you're really that worried about it, why not start you own production company?

You say it's a bad thing that ''Jews run Hollywood"; as if they all have the same agenda, yet you use an article from a Jewish writer. Jews obviously come from every part of the political spectrum.
    Can you show any evidence that these powerful Jews all have the same agenda? I'd be genuinely interested if you could, but I think it's more likely that they just happen to write and produce better films.
    They know what the market wants and they know how to get it to us. Same as Italians Dominating the Restaurant and Chipper business. The market gets what it wants.

Have you ever asked yourself how Arabs are shown in Hollywood and how Jews are depicted? Have a look and then we will talk about it. You just assume that I am wrong. Few examples for you from Reel Bad Arabs from Jack Shaheen:

In a scene from the 1994 blockbuster True Lies, Arnold Schwarzenegger executes a squawking Palestinian terrorist by tying him to a missile and firing it at a helicopter crammed with more Palestinians. In The Delta Force, Chuck Norris wallops Palestinian terrorists aboard an airliner. In the 2000 movie Rules of Engagement, a colonel played by Samuel Jackson orders his troops to fire on Yemeni demonstrators. Dozens are killed. A young girl loses her leg. It’s a day that will live in… But no! At the end of the movie, it emerges that all the demonstrators, even the young girl, had fired at the Americans! In a scene from the 1966 film Cast a Giant Shadow, about the Israeli-Arab war in 1948, an Israeli is pierced by a Palestinian bullet, and falls to the ground clutching a white dove.

We never see Jewish terrorists. Have you heard of the Irgun, Group Stern, Hagana? Israel crimes, Israel Atomic Bombs? What about the ethnic cleansing of Palestine? That would be a great movie.
    What about the USS Liberty? A US ship attacked for 2H00 by Israel the 8th of June 1967? The Lavon Affair? Hollywood will never show you those movies.
    Do you Remember The Passion from Mel Gibson? All the problems of Mel Gibson started with that movie.
    What about the so called Russian Revolution? Who led it and who financed it? Hollywood will never show you the truth.
    Facts are facts.
    I don't expect Hollywood to change. I watch other movies and I am actually writing a story at the moment.

You have the version of the winner of the war and not the other side. Also Hollywood show you the version of the winner,
    Regarding History I do not accept any lesson as I have a Master Degree of History. History is also made with lies.

Your argument is a mess. Most educated people with or without history degrees know that history can be distorted by bias, ideology, human error, etc. But it does not follow from this that specific events in history did not take place.

i.e. in Irish history their is much debate between revisionist and traditional accounts about whether Republican violence was justified, etc. But no serious person has ever suggested that the Easter Rising did not take place, it was just a fabrication driven by the Irish dominated RTE.

Can you be more specific about why you deny the Holocaust given the amount of evidence for it?

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

This is why it is "bad"

Christmas 2008
    There Are Too Many Damn Holocaust Movies
    There's The Reader (Kate Winslet, Ralph Fiennes, sadness), Adam Resurrected (Jeff Goldblum, a fake dog, sadness), Valkyrie (Tom Cruise, eye patch, vague and unplaceable sadness), Defiance (Liev Schrieber, the boy from Billy Elliot, angry sadness), Good (based on a brilliant play about sadness), and the currently running Boy in the Striped Pajamas (Vera Farmiga, child sadness, which is the worst). That is so many!
    http://gawker.com/5104061/there-are-too-many-damn-holocaust-movies
    Why so many Holocaust films now, and for whose benefit?
    By A.O. Scott
    Published: Friday, November 21, 2008
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/25/arts/25iht-scott.1.18037355.html
    Nazis and the Movies
    There are five releases this holiday season, and each enters new, morally complex territory. They include "Valkyrie," starring Tom Cruise as the real-life German officer who tried to assassinate Hitler in 1944; "The Reader," with Kate Winslet as a (fictional) woman on trial for war crimes; and "Good," in which Viggo Mortensen plays a German professor caught up in the rise of Nazism.
    http://www.newsweek.com/2008/11/27/nazis-and-the-movies.html
    Who Cares About the Glut of Holocaust Films This Holiday Season? Viggo Mortensen's Good is Different, Dammit!
    By Em Whitney
    December 12, 2008 | 12:17 p.m
    http://www.observer.com/2008/o2/viggo-mortensens-good-is-different
    HELLISH TALES FOR THE HOLIDAYS

Last Updated: 8:19 AM, December 8, 2008

Posted: 1:39 AM, December 8, 2008

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/item_A1y82w0L5NORS1aTRHCRxI;jsessionid=1FC657C786E54F2AD786B92C4F692951#ixzz0utxDv5tJ
    TIS not the season to be jolly at the movies - there are no fewer than six heart-wrenching, Holocaust-theme flicks coming to a theater near you.

In the days ahead, moviegoers will have their choice of "The Reader," with Kate Winslet and Ralph Fiennes, and "Adam Resurrected," with Jeff Goldblum (both opening Friday), "Valkyrie," with Tom Cruise (Dec. 25), "Defiance," with Daniel Craig, and "Good," with Viggo Mortensen (both Dec. 31). Already out is "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas," with Vera Farmiga.

The pile-up of movies about the slaughter of Jews by Adolf Hitler's Nazi Germany might reflect the tastes of Academy Award voters, who gave seven Oscars to "Schindler's List" (1993), four to "Life Is Beautiful" (1997) and three to "The Pianist" (2002).

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/item_A1y82w0L5NORS1aTRHCRxI;jsessionid=1FC657C786E54F2AD786B92C4F692951#ixzz0utx9x3RN

So sympathy, sympathy, sympathy...

Anyone else remember what happened Christmas 2008?

I'll give you a clue

course could be just a coincidence:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Your thesis:

Hollywood is run by Jews.
    Hollywood is misleading about historical events.

Therefore:
    Jews are deliberately being misleading about historical events.

Is this a fair summary?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement