Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starbucks??

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Banana Phoblacht closed during the last genericification of Galway, around 2005 but it was a great spot.

I think both sides of the argument have valid points, it would be very hard to make money off people nursing one cup of coffee for an hour, on the otherhand, a place like that would generate loyalty which would make regulars more likely to go there.

I like the idea of a book exchange type thing, but I don't know if people are honest enough to leave good books when they take good books.

there's definitely a market for a place like this, if you can get it right. What would you call it? I'd love to open a cafe with the name "Samarra", simply because one of my favourite books (and parables) is "Appointment in Samarra". (book or parable doesn't have much to do with coffee though)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

RonMexico wrote: »
    No offence but that is stereotypical rubbish. That "demographic" piss their disposable income up against the wall every night of the week because there is no place to "hang out" besides bars/clubs who seem to welcome them with open arms.

Get a haircut you hippy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Kind of hard when you have a shaved head. Also Limerick would benefit if there was more hippies and less knuckle dragging trash.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Get a haircut you hippy

A narrowminded & ignorant statement if ever I saw one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

L.T.P. wrote: »
    A narrowminded & ignorant statement if ever I saw one.

its a joke., I thought you people were meant to be chilled out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

zuroph wrote: »
    its a joke., I thought you people were meant to be chilled out.

Oops too quick off the mark today, so sorry goes to ITSDACRAIC :)

Maybe if you pass over some of those pain killers I'll chill :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Maybe a combination of an express counter of passing trade and relaxing area for people to read/write/chat would be the best solution to getting in the required trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

kilburn wrote: »
    must check out tribes where is it
    Do kilburn, its on Tuckey St in the city, they also have a website

Visited Tribes today whilst in Cork. Really nice place. Nice Elektra Coffee machine.

Negative. I asked the "Barista" what Coffee she was using and she hadn't a clue and couldn't find a bag to find out. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Berty wrote: »
    Visited Tribes today whilst in Cork. Really nice place. Nice Elektra Coffee machine.

Negative. I asked the "Barista" what Coffee she was using and she hadn't a clue and couldn't find a bag to find out. :mad:

Maybe she just said that so the pushy sales man would leave her alone

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Maybe she just said that so the pushy sales man would leave her alone

Probably but that's the life I lead. :D

• Advertisement

There is apparently a Coffee Shop now open in the Milk Market(recently) if somebody can confirm. Haven't been down there myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

Yes Ponaire coffee. They also have a cafe and roasting facility in Annacotty business park.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

lasno wrote: »
    Yes Ponaire coffee. They also have a cafe and roasting facility in Annacotty business park.

Got a beautiful coffee from ponaire in the market and sat upstairs watching the craft market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

There is apparently a Coffee Shop now open in the Milk Market(recently) if somebody can confirm. Haven't been down there myself.

Must call in tomorrow to see You in action ;)

Their coffee shop out in annacotty industrial est is nice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Are baristas that important?so how long as the coffee isnt brutal im happy plus people dont want mad prices either for fancy coffee

baza1976 wrote: »
    Must call in tomorrow to see You in action ;)

Nothing to do with me. Although I might drop in for a look in the afternoon when I get to town.
    baza1976 wrote: »
    Their coffee shop out in annacotty industrial est is nice

Might have a snoop around tomorrow(if open). Its always nice to see micro roasters as long as the product is good and varied.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

Might have a snoop around tomorrow(if open). Its always nice to see micro roasters as long as the product is good and varied.

Don't think they are opened weekends in annacotty, just Mon - Fri.

Very nice people they are......... no connection with me by the way!!!!

bigpink wrote: »
    Are baristas that important?so how long as the coffee isnt brutal im happy plus people dont want mad prices either for fancy coffee

You would be very surprised how bad a Coffee can actually be.

Examples of some KPI's.

How long can Coffee stay in the hopper?
    How long can Coffee stay ground before use?
    What is the difference in Cappuccino milk and Latte milk?
    Which milk jug should you use ^^^ for that milk?
    What temp should the milk be?
    How do you tamp the Coffee?
    How long should the water extraction be from the machine?

If a "Barista" cannot answer those or get near to an answer then the Coffee is going to be bad and badly made. Ok, Joe Customer wont ask those questions but Coffee can be bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Ponaire in annacotty won lots of awards for their coffee including best coffee in ireland from irish independent.

Never been there, must drop down to one in market see if its nice.

Ponaire in annacotty won lots of awards for their coffee including best coffee in ireland from irish independent.

Never been there, must drop down to one in market see if its nice.

I know of another Coffee Roaster whom was contacted by Georgina Campbells asking to review his Coffee. He wrote back asking them to provide their accrediations to confirm they can accurately assess his Coffee. He has not head back from them. :D Fair play to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

I know of another Coffee Roaster whom was contacted by Georgina Campbells asking to review his Coffee. He wrote back asking them to provide their accrediations to confirm they can accurately assess his Coffee. He has not head back from them. :D Fair play to him.

lol definitely fair play to him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

So the guy was afraid to get his product reviewed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

bigpink wrote: »
    So the guy was afraid to get his product reviewed?

No, just wanted it done by someone who had the ability to review it correctly.

Advertisement