Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miss Piggys Battle for the Big Plates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

gymfreak wrote: »

There'll be NO EMO in this log!!!:):) It'll be all sunshine and rainbows.

Some puppies (or your choice of cuddly animals) and some cocktails wouldn't hurt too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Monday 11th June-WLing...all sunshine, rainbows and puppies once again:pac:

Mobility
    Sumo Squats
    KB Windmills
    Quad Walk
    Hamstring Walk
    Scap Pushups
    Fire Hydrants

Snatch Drills-15kg
    Overhead squat 3 x 5
    Drop Snatch 3 x 3
    Snatch from the hip 3 x 3
    Snatch from knee 3 x 3

Snatches
    20kg x 3
    23kg x 3
    25kg x 3
    27kg x 3
    29kg x 3
    30kg x 2 +0
    30kg x 3:)
    Was ridiculously calm training today-as a result everything went up fairly easy minus all the psyching out
    Note to self: ** Remember the above point!**

Split Jerk
    20kg x 3
    23kg x 3
    25kg x 3
    27kg x 3
    29kg x 3
    31kg x 3
    33kg x 3
    Have developed a weird jumping in this..have to concentrate on just popping the bar up without letting the feet leave the ground.

Split Squats

20kg x 6/6
    35kg x 6/6
    37.5kg x 6/6
    40kg x 6/6
    40kg x 6/6

Inverted Rows

4 x 8

TYI..used 2kg plates
    8 reps of each
    4 rounds

Was such an easy day!! Absolutely flew through everything!:)

10 Hanging Leg Raises
    10/10 12kg KB Russian Twists..couldnt find the 16kg
    Plank 60 sec
    x 4 rounds

Didnt weight the planks cos I didnt want to be putting one of those dirty iron plates on my back.

5 Sets of 5 e/s
    KB Windmills with 12kg

Rehabby Stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭GASMANN

The name change , is that to go with the new legs, symmetry and all that ?

GASMANN wrote: »

Absolutely!

Bought 3 new pairs of jeans at the weekend to accomodate the growing of the legs..so thought it was about time to work on an ass to fill them:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Raven_Melody

GASMANN wrote: »

Absolutely!

Bought 3 new pairs of jeans at the weekend to accomodate the growing of the legs..so thought it was about time to work on an ass to fill them:P
    If you grow one will you share?!

Looking after the needy an all that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Eh, share her ass?

Come on now, the in your endo there is shocking!

Tuesday 12th June-Dossing

Foamrolling

Mobility
    Leg Swings
    YTWs
    Groin Rotations
    Scap Pull ups
    Bird dog
    Band pullaparts
    Other Band stuff

Snatch Drills-15kg
    Overhead squat 3 x 5
    Drop Snatch 3 x 3
    Snatch from knee 3 x 3

Snatches
    20kg x 3
    22kg x 3
    25kg x 3
    27kg x 3
    29kg x 2 + 0
    29kg x 2 +0...left it at that..must of been fatigued for yesterday

Hang Snatch
    15kg 3 x 3..trying to get under the bar quicker...still havent come close to mastering that:(

Barbell Complex-25kg
    Deadlift, Hangcleans, Front Squat, Pushpress, Backsquat
    Upped the reps to 4 of each.
    7 rounds in 15mins..Quite happy with this. Tried really hard to use my legs properly for all the squats. Legs were a teeny bit wobbly after!

Was in flying form and reaaaaally wanted to do more so

Workblock-15mins
    10 Med Ball Slams
    10 Push Ups
    5/5 KB row 16kg
    10 rounds in 15mins:confused:
    lost count multiple times!
    Left it at that..trying to stay away from overdoing it!

Foamrolling
    ReALLy enjoyed the conditioning today:) It would appear that my conditioning buzz is coming back right in time for summer:D:D
    of kept going but I was

Wednesday 13th June-Weightlifting
    Didn't make it out to ECB today as I was tight on time, but had a nice session all the same. SUPER excited about the summer holidays approaching:D:D I can actually feel all the stress of the school year vanishing away:)

Mobility
    Over and Unders
    Hurdle Steps
    Leg Swings
    Band Stuff
    Scap Pullups

Snatch Skills-15kg

Overhead Squats 3 x 3
    Drop Snatches 3 x 3
    Snatches from the hip 3 x 3
    Hang Snatches 3 x 3

Snatch Combo-20kg
    2 Hang Snatch
    2 Snatch Squats
    2 Drop Snatches
    5 sets...easy

Clean, squat, clean, Squat

30kg
    32kg
    34kg
    36kg
    38kg
    Grand.

Front Squat
    30kg x 5
    32kg x 5
    33kg x 5
    34kg x 5
    34kg x 5..last 2 reps of this set were wrong. everything else was good

Military Press
    28kg x 5
    28kg x 5
    28kg x 5
    28kg x 5
    28kg x 5

BB Complex-17kg bar...upped it by 2kg this week...and by God was the change noticeable
    6 Upright Rows
    6 CGsnatch
    6 Squat and pushpress
    6 Good mornings
    6 Forward Lunges
    3 rounds

Purple Band Neutral Grip Pullups
    5 x 10...a fair few grinders here

KB Windmills 8kg
    5 x 10

Hi-Low Cable Woodchops
    5 x 10

Rehabby stuff

Hip flexors were really sore today...and I kinda ignored it..i shall start foamrolling and stretching them.Pure happy camper:)

Friday 15th of June-WLing
    Really didn't want to go training today. Had had a rotten few days in work and a lack of sleep piled on top meant that I was exhausted. Arrived in the gym and ECB had moved to the new building...looking pretty savage at the moment it has to be said...plenty of space! This completely brightened my mood:)

Mobility

Sumo Squats
    Quad Walk
    Hamstring Walk
    Fire Hydrant
    Scap pushups

Hip flexor stretching

Snatch Drills-15kg
    Overhead squat 3 x 5
    Drop Snatch 3 x 3
    Snatch from knee 3 x 3

Snatches
    20kg x 3
    23kg x 3
    25kg x 3
    27kg x 3
    29kg x 3
    31kg x 2+0
    31kg x 3:)

A distinct lack of ****ing about today:D I had been taking my time setting up but today was more of a grab the bar and go...and it seemed to work:)

Split Jerk
    20kg x 3
    23kg x 3
    26kg x 3
    29kg x 3
    32kg x 3
    34kg x 3
    Grand

Cleans
    30kg x 3
    33kg x 3
    36kg x 3
    39kg x 3
    42kg x 2+0..gave myself a fright on the first rep..twas a grinder..so pretty much all over the place after.
    42kg x 2+0
    42kg x 1,0,0
    41kg x 3
    43kg x 2+0
    43kg x 2+0
    43kg x 2+0...dammit..dammit..dammit but I could feel myself change how I pulled it

Back Squats
    35kg x 5
    37kg x 5
    39kg x 5
    41kg x 5
    43kg x 5...a fair few grinders here..last 2 reps weren't perfect

Neutral Grip Pullups
    6, 6, 5, 5, 5

Rehabby stuff

Was exhausted. left it at that, went home, ate and then hit the leaba...before 9 on a Friday night:o

Oooh got my fats done today aswell...I is fat..but at least my legs arent...lean-ness here I come!!

Arrived in the gym and ECB had moved to the new building...looking pretty savage at the moment it has to be said...plenty of space! This completely brightened my mood:)

Ooo a new shiny place, must go and see it sometime.
    31kg x 3smile.gif

Keep kickin it!
    Oooh got my fats done today aswell...I is fat..but at least my legs arent...lean-ness here I come!!

No don't be starting talking that nonsense missy, yeah I'm sure when you go to ECB, they all think, jeez the fat on yer one :rolleyes:. And don't forget that the brain is the fattest organ in the body

• Advertisement

howtomake wrote: »
    Ooo a new shiny place, must go and see it sometime.
    Do! It took me 4 weeks of nagging to get a lock on the door of the girls' toilet...but now they have 2 new toilets, a changing room AND a shower for the ladies!
    And let me know when you are popping out so I can meet you there:)
    Keep kickin it!
    :)
    No don't be starting talking that nonsense missy, yeah I'm sure when you go to ECB, they all think, jeez the fat on yer one :rolleyes:. And don't forget that the brain is the fattest organ in the body
    I'm just getting my bikini body ready is all, had been overdosing on the chocolate recently so it's time to pull the reigns back! Getting the fats done keeps me accountable.

Saturday 16th of June-Dossing
    Community games were on in Morton so the windows and doors to the gym had to stay closed...very sticky weather

Mobility

Over and Unders
    Hurdle Steps
    YTWS
    Band Stuff
    Spiderman Walks

Snatch Drills-15kg
    Overhead squat 3 x 5
    Drop Snatch 3 x 3
    Snatch from knee 3 x 3

Snatches ..testing on Monday so just wanted to play away at a few singles by myself today
    20kg x 3
    23kg x 3
    25kg x 1
    27kg x 1
    29kg x 1
    31kg x 1
    32kg x 1
    33kg x 0
    33kg x 0...dropped back to attempt a bit of quickness
    25kg x 3
    25kg x 3
    25kg x 3
    25kg x 3
    25kg x 3

Clean, Squat, Clean, Squat
    30kg
    32kg
    35kg
    37kg
    39kg...hard

Front Squats
    30kg x 5
    32kg x 5
    33kg x 5
    34kg x 5
    35kg x 5 grand

Pullups
    6, 5, 5, 5, 5

Alternate DB Press
    10kg x 8/8
    12.5kg x 5/5
    12.5kg x 5/5
    12.5kg x 5/5

Hanging Leg Raises
    3 x 10

Overhead Plate Arches-10kg
    3 x 10/10

Fully intended on going for a run today...but got caught up! Perhaps tomorrow:)

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭supposedly

Fully intended on going for a run today...but got caught up! Perhaps tomorrow:)

Sprints tomorrow perhaps?

And great work on the oly lifts, you look like you're taking to them like a duck to water! :)

supposedly wrote: »
    Sprints tomorrow perhaps?
    I would love to but I actually have Sunday morning plans...I know..who the heck has plans for a Sunday morning...eugh!

If your heading to Morton tomorrow, that community games will still be on. I arrived at 10am and then was no parking anywhere..I ended up ditching my car up on a grass verge a good 5mins down the road..so just a little heads up to take your bike!!!!
    supposedly wrote: »
    And great work on the oly lifts, you look like you're taking to them like a duck to water! :)
    Haha
    Ehhhhhh....not exactly. Havent learnt how to full snatch properly yet. I catch the bar and then do the weirdest, racheted overhead squat ever:pac:But I'm enjoying it and that's the main thing!

Oooh and I'm on summer hols soon! So if ya fancy a cardio-esque/conditioning or general mess up in Morton I'll be free soooon!

Haha
    Ehhhhhh....not exactly. Havent learnt how to full snatch properly yet. I catch the bar and then do the weirdest, racheted overhead squat ever:pac:But I'm enjoying it and that's the main thing!

If you are catching the bar in the squat but still managing to get up...well that's most of the lift done anyway, and as long as you stand up. Howz the hip doing? Anytime mine bothers me I do a cork screw up squat. Just could be one last twitchy mechanical thing for you because it is an OH squat, and not because of your technique.

If you are catching the bar in the squat but still managing to get up...well that's most of the lift done anyway, and as long as you stand up. Howz the hip doing? Anytime mine bothers me I do a cork screw up squat. Just could be one last twitchy mechanical thing for you because it is an OH squat, and not because of your technique.

Nope..not catching the bar in the squat at all..here's me playing with 25kg yesterday it shows the problem. No bothers at all with my hips, just my hip flexors at times when warming up or after sessions but I never notice anything during sessions.

Sunday 17th June
    Havent ran AT ALL in over a month, was giving my knee a good bit of rest and I thought that that coupled with the new rehabby stuff would make my knee all happy again.

Decided to go on a test run today.
    3km=very sore knee:( Run was easy, was taking my time and enjoying it until about 2.5km when my stride had to change cos of the irritation.:(

End result..rest and rehab aint gonna fix it.

New Plan:
    *Foamroll...everyday..at least for a few weeks:(
    *Start going on small runs just to build up and stop and stretch when needs be
    *Keep doing all the boring rehabby stuff!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

It's hilarious how quick your tekkers breaks down...

Ah, I just don't have a quick or experienced enough eye to measure lifts. So I'll keep most of my mouth shut. But what are you like with your drop snatches? At least that would satisfy my curiosity to see if it is anything to do with your hip or knee ;).

If I can dig through my log I have a couple of links of Glenn Pendlay, he mentions the timing of dropping into the squat in one of them. I know its best to just listen to one source but I fond it illuminating none the less. I also found that not everyone describes the lifts the same way and sometimes what another person (experienced like Pendlay of course) just clicks with you.

Hanley wrote: »
    It's hilarious how quick your tekkers breaks down...

Wow...Very keen observation there:P:P

In fairness that 1st rep was actually one of the best reps that I've done to date. Most look like the 2nd/3rd rep
    howtomake wrote:
    Ah, I just don't have a quick or experienced enough eye to measure lifts. So I'll keep most of my mouth shut. But what are you like with your drop snatches? At least that would satisfy my curiosity to see if it is anything to do with your hip or knee wink.gif.
    Drop snatches are pretty much the same, in that I'd pushpress the bar more than I'd drop under it.

:(:(Please don't speak of hps/knees. Yesterdays run had me icing my knee all night and then was still in quite a bit of pain today.
    howtomake wrote:
    If I can dig through my log I have a couple of links of Glenn Pendlay, he mentions the timing of dropping into the squat in one of them. I know its best to just listen to one source but I fond it illuminating none the less. I also found that not everyone describes the lifts the same way and sometimes what another person (experienced like Pendlay of course) just clicks with you.

If you can find them, Id love to read them. It's true that different phrases that people say 'click' differently.

Monday 18th June-Testing
    Complete and utter usual testing malark....absolute falling apart:(

Mobility
    Quad Walk
    Hamstring Walk
    Sumo Squat
    Scap Pushups

Hip flexor stretching

Snatch Drills-15kg
    Overhead squat 3 x 5
    Drop Snatch 3 x 3
    Snatch from knee 3 x 3

Snatches
    20kg x 2
    20kg x 2
    23kg x 1
    25kg x 1
    27kg x 1
    29kg x 1
    30kg x 1
    31kg x messing and stupidity
    31kg x 1
    32kg x a bucket load of messing and stupidity
    32kg x 1...meh
    33kg x 0, 0, 0

Cleans
    30kg x 2
    30kg x 2
    33lg x 1
    35kg x 1
    37kg x 1
    39kg x 1
    41kg x 1
    42kg x 1
    43kg x a ****load of stupidity
    43kg x 1
    44kg x a **** load of stupidity
    44kg x 1..meh

Front squats...with decent form:)
    20kg x 5
    30kg x 3
    35kg x 2
    40kg x 1
    45kg x 1
    47.5kg x 1
    50kg x 1
    52.5kg x 1
    55kg x 1...meh about this..was an old PR from over a year ago

Hip had started to hurt on the last set of snatches but hadnt noticed any pain until we finished squatting. Knee was really sore as was hip..as in making my tummy sick sore.

Neutral Grip Pull Ups:):):):):):):):):)
    9, 7, 6, 5, 6
    WHOOP WHOOP!!!!!! Am absolutely DELIGHTED with that. One of my Loooooong term goals is to be able to do 10 pullups. I hit 7 about 14months ago and then my priorities changed and I havent be able to get back up to it. Was thrilled with getting 6 last week but NINE was totally unexpected.

They were only neutral pullups...but still...havent been this chuffed in a verrrrrrrry long time:)

KB Windmills 12kg
    5 x 5/5

Bicep Curls-8kg
    5 x 10

DB Side Bends
    20kg x 10/10
    20kg x 10/10
    20kg x 10/10

Pain in my hip started to get a bit too much so I left. Skipped all the rehab cos it hurt too much.

• Advertisement

Hmm if your drop snatches are the same..... um I don't know, could be mechanical reasons. When I messed up my knee for 3 weeks, could only do powersnatches, it took a long while to get them to trust me again when dropping to a full snatch. Ask Wayne & Emma if you can.

http://californiastrength.com/videos...-glenn-pendlay

http://californiastrength.com/videos...-glenn-pendlay

http://californiastrength.com/videos...ow-to-part-two

http://californiastrength.com/videos...-to-part-three

This is also a good one with lots of slow bar trajectory, this is actually what made me want to try this after just reading about it on here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSyeiy99J9w

....or the answer could just be she's not extending fully, having to jump forward to meet the bar and having it end up in a bad position, which means she needs to stabilise it before dropping under it or it'd be lost forward.

Look at how far forward the bar ends up on rep 2 and 3 when it's overhead. And pay particular attention to how far forward she jumps on the second rep.

All the "speed under the bar" drills don't matter a damn and are a waste of time if it's not in the right place at the right time. Which it isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Raven_Melody

Re: The pull ups.... FCUK YEAH!!!! :D:D

....or the answer could just be she's not extending fully, having to jump forward to meet the bar and having it end up in a bad position, which means she needs to stabilise it before dropping under it or it'd be lost forward.

Look at how far forward the bar ends up on rep 2 and 3 when it's overhead. And pay particular attention to how far forward she jumps on the second rep.

All the "speed under the bar" drills don't matter a damn and are a waste of time if it's not in the right place at the right time. Which it isn't.

Ah my eye isn't quick enough to really point out the other areas, especially on a home computer. I'll leave it to others. Actually wasn't suggesting that you perform drop snatch drills gymfreak, just wanted to know if it was the same for both.

Re: The pull ups.... FCUK YEAH!!!! :D:D

:)
    Thank you!!!
    I, honest to God have NO idea where they came from. Was shocked last week when I started getting 6's and then tonight they just felt sooo easy...and I was perhaps..a little fresh from taking it easy due to my attempt at testing:pac:

My biggest problem with pullups has always been the breathing, but today I just held myself at the top for a few secs to catch my breath before beginning the next rep! OOooooh the goal of 10 (which I never thought I'd EVER be able to get) is starting to look like it might be on the horizon:D

Any joys with chinups/pullups yourself? They can be absolutely awesome or they can drive you to despair at times!!

OOooooh the goal of 10 (which I never thought I'd EVER be able to get) is starting to look like it might be on the horizon:D

MKDIF

MKDIF

Ppppft...she only does neutral pullups. My goal is PROPER ones :)

Ppppft...she only does neutral pullups. My goal is PROPER ones :)

So why are you testing with neutral grip ones then?

...people must think I'm a right b*stard reading my posts in your log.

• Advertisement

So why are you testing with neutral grip ones then?

I wasn't testing them...or I hadnt meant too. I do band pullups or normal/neutral most days that I'm training. I did 5 sets of proper pullups on Saturday and they always hurt my wrists. So I do neutral every now and again to stop any repetitive injuries:)
    ...people must think I'm a right b*stard reading my posts in your log.
    Yah...but don't they think that when they meet you in RL too?

:P:pac::pac:

Advertisement