Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miss Piggys Battle for the Big Plates

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I'm very confused as to whats happening in this log...

you seem to have taken up 15 new sports and have a pain in your tummy...

Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Hanley wrote: »
    Tom.

I resent that. There has been no emofreak around these parts lately!!

I'm very confused as to whats happening in this log...

you seem to have taken up 15 new sports and have a pain in your tummy...
    Annnnnnd...going back to the above post cos I kinda still feel like I'm missing something..

I messed around in a gym for years, did lots of classes, started strength training, had some fun, competed in Powerlifting, tried out hockey and now I've finally commited to Weightlifting and I kind of feel like I'm getting stick of you and everyone else liking the above post?

Have I picked that up entirely wrong? :)

gymfreak wrote: »
    Annnnnnd...going back to the above post cos I kinda still feel like I'm missing something..

I messed around in a gym for years, did lots of classes, started strength training, had some fun, competed in Powerlifting, tried out hockey and now I've finally commited to Weightlifting and I kind of feel like I'm getting stick of you and everyone else liking the above post?

Yeah, that. Very confusing. Also weird how people just randomly thank posts without offering constructive input! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I just thought it was funny! :) Especially since you have tried out loads of sports over the last while (according to your log I mean; I'm not stalking you!). Cool to see you've found one to commit to though!

• Advertisement

I just thought it was funny! :) Especially since you have tried out loads of sports over the last while (according to your log I mean; I'm not stalking you!). Cool to see you've found one to commit to though!

...name them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Women are just awesome multitaskers is all. Continue enjoying everything you enjoy.

...name them?

Er, from what I can recall, PL, hockey and rugby (possibly tag? gymfreak started a thread on it a while back in fitness). I remember her saying a while back also that, though she's tried and been decent at a few things, she hasn't yet found something she was passionate about or felt she was great at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

Er, from what I can recall, PL, hockey and rugby (possibly tag? gymfreak started a thread on it a while back in fitness). I remember her saying a while back also that, though she's tried and been decent at a few things, she hasn't yet found something she was passionate about or felt she was great at.

I think most of us have.

I know i've played rugby, GAA, tried powerlifting, messed about with some strongman stuff, pretended to be a weightlifter, spent a week doing crossfit:pac: etc.

Hanley's done pretty much everything

Dearest Drifter was being slightly hypocritical considering he's competed in PL, been a cardio bunny, attempted weightlifting, ran a marathon, become a ninja, done lots of cycling stuff and has now been inducted into the hell's angels.

Most peoples training history will read like a mixed bag, it's healthy imo, and most importantly it's fun.

If she's having fun the what's the harm.

That said, become a weightlifter or i'll murder you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

wait...what...i just wanted to know what you were up too....i haven't read your log in a while....no stick from me lady...mucho respecto for all you have achieved...ill just slowly slip away into the shadows again.....

people be crazy.....

• Advertisement

Paudee wrote: »
    I think most of us have.

I know i've played rugby, GAA, tried powerlifting, messed about with some strongman stuff, pretended to be a weightlifter, spent a week doing crossfit:pac: etc.

Dearest Drifter was being slightly hypocritical considering he's competed in PL, been a cardio bunny, attempted weightlifting, ran a marathon, become a ninja, done lots of cycling stuff and has now been inducted into the hell's angels.

Most peoples training history will read like a mixed bag, it's healthy imo, and most importantly it's fun.

I've done basically nothing else. I played basketball in second year. :pac: I think in a few years, when I'm less weak and shit, I might give WL a little go but I don't see myself ever being decent at it. I'll mostly stick to being a shit powerlifter!

I think most of us have.

This.

And most of the stick seems to come from people who barely train or compete in anything. I find it very ironic. Not specifically aimed at that Nervous guy.

wait...what...i just wanted to know what you were up too....i haven't read your log in a while....no stick from me lady...mucho respecto for all you have achieved...ill just slowly slip away into the shadows again.....

people be crazy.....
    What??? You mean you havent been stalking me like Nervous Wreck.:pac::pac:

Really just wanted to know what the post and the affirmations were about..
    thought ye were going to offer me some wonderful insight into my training:pac::pac:
    I just thought it was funny! Especially since you have tried out loads of sports over the last while (according to your log I mean; I'm not stalking you!). Cool to see you've found one to commit to though!

Technically, I've always been involved in multiple activities all at the one time and if anything I'm actually getting better at trying to prioritise things. As regards the rugby, the team actually finished at Christmas time and with the hockey that was a case of bad timing..were I had managed to get myself into a tizzy about training and got really run down and that just had to go.

TBH, I think I'm always gonna mess around with sports. Never played any when I was younger so I feel now is catch up time. :)

Nervous Wreck and Drifter, thanks for clearing that up:)
    Paudee wrote:
    :)

What??? You mean you havent been stalking me like Nervous Wreck.:pac::pac:

Not stalking!:pac:
    Technically, I've always been involved in multiple activities all at the one time and if anything I'm actually getting better at trying to prioritise things. As regards the rugby, the team actually finished at Christmas time and with the hockey that was a case of bad timing..were I had managed to get myself into a tizzy about training and got really run down and that just had to go.

TBH, I think I'm always gonna mess around with sports. Never played any when I was younger so I feel now is catch up time. :)

Fair play! I've never done anything before PL and I can barely manage to keep up with that alone at times. No idea how you've the energy to do multiples!
    This.

And most of the stick seems to come from people who barely train or compete in anything. I find it very ironic.

Tbh, I've no idea what you're talking about? I wasn't trying to give stick at all. At the best of times, I put my foot in my mouth but I'd never give anyone stick for training! Aside from it being a stupid thing to do, I don't really know enough to be slagging anyone :pac: I do, however, apologise if it came across like that at all, gymfreak! :)

Not specifically aimed at that Nervous guy.

Best friends again? ;):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

Haha, love this log, always something going on. You just have too much energy gymfreak, I only say that out of jealousy. I have my own selfish reasons to want to see someone like yourself get into WL :p:p.

I did a good few activities starting in my teens to twenties to now, and I just discovered WL last year. Which is probably a good indication that at least we'll both remain active the older we get when its going to be even more important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Yeah, that. Very confusing. Also weird how people just randomly thank posts without offering constructive input! :)

I thank posts for various reasons...
    I agree with what the person posted,
    it was funny and or made me laugh
    or it's my way in fitness anyway of saying yeah well done/good session etc etc.

Are we all supposed to go around demanding "constructive input" for every time anyone has thanked a post in one of our logs?

Anyway this isnt the place to discuss this is here in gymfreaks log...

So gymfreak, I wish you well with your weighlifting endeavours!

I thank posts for various reasons...
    I agree with what the person posted,
    it was funny and or made me laugh
    or it's my way in fitness anyway of saying yeah well done/good session etc etc.

Are we all supposed to go around demanding "constructive input" for every time anyone has thanked a post in one of our logs?

Anyway this isnt the place to discuss this is here in gymfreaks log...

So gymfreak, I wish you well with your weighlifting endeavours!

Hmmm… so my log isn’t the place to discuss my training????

If you actually have a quick flick through my log you'll see that it has been up and running a good 21months..with plenty of training sessions logged(some good days, some bad), plenty of banter, mountains of excellent advice and lots of critisim as well. I do believe that this is the first time that I asked people on my log to clarify their meaning. As I wanted to ensure I wasnt missing something. I don't see what's incorrect with wanting to clarify something that people already offered advice/critism or affirmations to. Maybe you could explain what your thanks was in the context of? Not quite sure why you are so offended?

As for constructive input, yes, I think it’s the least someone should expect if one constantly likes posts that are critical of ones training in their log. Maybe they’re missing something, and would appreciate the input other than just mindlessly +1’ing stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Hmmm… so my log isn’t the place to discuss my training????

No, I meant your log isnt a place to clog up discussions about why I/other posters thank posts.
    If you actually have a quick flick through my log you'll see that it has been up and running a good 21months..with plenty of training sessions logged(some good days, some bad), plenty of banter, mountains of excellent advice and lots of critisim as well.

I don't need to flick back through your log I have been following it from the beginning and (had) trained along side you out in IP enough to know that.
    I do believe that this is the first time that I asked people on my log to clarify their meaning. As I wanted to ensure I wasnt missing something. I don't see what's incorrect with wanting to clarify something that people already offered advice/critism or affirmations to.

I think it was Hanley that specifically asked this time but before that if you may have thats your perogative. Theres nothing incorrect about it, I just think you read too much into people thanking your posts. I post on alot of different fora outside here and I thank posts alot without thinking because it's generally for the reasons I outlined above.
    Maybe you could explain what your thanks was in the context of?

NW pretty much nailed it in his post earlier about all the different sports.
    Not quite sure why you are so offended?

Who says I am offended? :confused:
    As for constructive input, yes, I think it’s the least someone should expect if one constantly likes posts that are critical of ones training in their log.

Again, thats your perogative to want that, but i will stop ya here, you can't be referring to me, because if you are, I will kindly ask YOU to go back through your 21 months of training posts to see that I have thanked plenty of your posts, and they are most definitely not all the "constantly the critical posts"

No, I meant your log isnt a place to clog up discussions about why I/other posters thank posts.
    I actually feel that my log is the perfect place for such discussions. I log purely for my own benefit as a means of tracking what I'm doing and as a means for others to see what I'm doing and to offer advice and critism as they see fit. Everything is life is about learning..I'm very open with my training and I post it here so that people can help me identify what needs tweaking...this has really worked to my benefit..got quite exhausted after Christmas and I wasnt even noticing myself until others noted it here.

When someone posts in a log or affirms a post they are offering an opinion on my training, and that is exactly what I was asking...what the opinion was.
    I don't need to flick back through your log I have been following it from the beginning and (had) trained along side you out in IP enough to know that.
    I really don't mean to be pedantic, but anyone who knows me knows I like to clarify details...same way how I can never leave a session without finishing absolutely everything..I'm all about the details...too my own demise most of the time:D
    So just to clarify the 'trained along side you' point. I think I may have seen you in IP two possibly three times?? And possibly pushed the prowler with yourself and G once...?

I think it was Hanley that specifically asked this time but before that if you may have thats your perogative. Theres nothing incorrect about it, I just think you read too much into people thanking your posts. I post on alot of different fora outside here and I thank posts alot without thinking because it's generally for the reasons I outlined above.
    I had asked 'was I missing something' in the previous post to Hanley's cos I wasnt too sure what drifter was asking. I dont think that its reading too much in to anything. I literally wasnt sure what the post or affirmations meant..so I asked..in my own log. I dont think its a big deal to ask someone that contributes to a log..exactly what the contribution was when your unsure.

NW pretty much nailed it in his post earlier about all the different sports.

Who says I am offended? :confused:
    My mistake!
    Again, thats your perogative to want that, but i will stop ya here, you can't be referring to me, because if you are, I will kindly ask YOU to go back through your 21 months of training posts to see that I have thanked plenty of your posts, and they are most definitely not all the "constantly the critical posts"
    To be bluntly honest, yes I suppose you are one of the posters that I feel I can direct that comment to. I'm not looking for any kind of argument, nor am I calling you out. It's just to be perfectly honest I'm a really positive, optimistic person and if you actually look back through my log you'll notice that the negativity by other posters often outways any positivity. A Lot of the critism is well deserved and well appreciated. I can't recall any posts by you in the last year that offer advice or encouragement..I'm not looking for praise from anyone..and anyone that knows me knows I'm no glory hunter in the slightest..I just enjoy doing what I do. But I have certainly noticed a trend of affirmations towards posts that have been quite negative..perfectly acceptable and probably well deserved. But I just dont see the big deal in me asking what was meant by a post or if anything was meant. Obviously by posted in a log you want to get an opinion across to me and I just wanted to make sure I was hearing correctly...I'm all about the clarifications.

I thanked that post cos it was a good one.

• Advertisement

Monday 23rd April-WLing:D:D

Mobility
    Fire Hyrdrants
    Sumo Squats
    Quad Walk
    Hamstring Walk
    Scap Push Ups
    KB Windmills

Still overly excited about the weightlifting

Snatch Drills
    Overhead squat 3 x 5
    Overhead Jump Squat thing 3 x 3
    Drop Snatch 3 x 3
    Itty Bitty Snatch movement 3 x 3
    Snatch from knee 3 x 3

Snatch from above knee
    20kg for some
    25kg x F....wouldnt work:(:(
    20kg x 3
    20kg x 3
    23kg...a few triples and a few doubles here today
    Thoroughly disappointed with the snatches tonight. Hit 25kg for a few singles last day with ease and literally tried it once tonight and it was like a pure mental block.
    Damn chickening out and overthinking!!! I know, I know...early days and all:D:D

Think I'm going to go back to my philosoply of just chuck the bar.

Jerk Skills Practice
    Some itty bitty lunges
    Bar overhead...lunge and jump kinda drills
    Bar in rack position and jerk
    Some sets of Some

Step Ups
    BW x 6
    +5kg x 6
    +5kg x 6
    +5kg x 6

Bulgarian Split Squats
    +5k x 6
    +5k x 6
    +5k x 6...ouch!!! my hip flexors hate me
    +10k x 6

BB Complex-15kg bar
    6 Upright Rows
    6 CGsnatch
    6 Squat and pushpress
    6 Good mornings
    6 Forward Lunges
    3 rounds
    I was slooooooow like a turtle..trying to figure out which way the bar should move.

Turkish Get Ups
    3 x 5/5

Pull ups
    Got distracted and completely forgot to finish!

Some abs
    DB Side Arches
    Cable Ab Pulldown
    Hi low cable chops

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

The last two pages there were an interesting read, that's for sure!

I'm glad you're training in the same place as me again.

You're a positive and happy person, a great attribute to have in a gym and I really hope you've found something that keeps your attention & focus in the medium to long term.

Don't worry, be Happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

The last two pages there were an interesting read, that's for sure!

I'm glad you're training in the same place as me again.

You're a positive and happy person, a great attribute to have in a gym and I really hope you've found something that keeps your attention & focus in the medium to long term.

Don't worry, be Happy!

I thanked that post because you're fat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

[

I thanked that post because you're fat.

I thanked that because you're small & emo

Tuesday 23rd of April-Bitta fun:)
    I actually really enjoyed myself training today, went in with the plan of lowerbody, upperbody, core and something that needs improvement...whilst trying to find things that wont interfer with tomorrows training.

Think its finally time to build me some legs and some ass was the theme to today's training.:pac:

Mobility
    Scap Pullups
    Bird dog
    Fire Hydrant
    KB windmills
    Reverse Lunges

TBDL
    60kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    70kg x 5
    80kg x 5
    80kg x 5
    80kg x 3
    80kg x 5
    80kg x 3
    Another bit of a lightbulb moment today. Everyone is always telling my to push through my legs...squatting..deadlifting..snatching etc and I never really understood what it meant. Could feel myself pushing against the floor today tho:)

BB Glute Bridges
    30kg x 8
    40kg x 8
    50kg x 8
    60kg x 8
    60kg x 8
    65kg x 8
    65kg x 8...decided to stop it there for fear of DOMs tomorrow

Weighted Pullups
    Last time I tried, they didnt like me.
    Today:)
    +2kg
    +3kg
    +4kg
    +5kg (6 sets)

Core Circuit
    10 Med Ball Slams
    10 Hanging Legs
    10e/s KB Russian Twists 16kg
    5 rounds

Barbell Complex-20kg Bar
    5 Deadlifts
    5 Hang cleans
    5 Front Squats
    5 Pushpresses
    5 Back Squats
    5 Pushpresses
    3 rounds

KB Snatches 7.5kg
    10 sets of 10e/s

BB glute bridges? Who the f*ck are you, Marianne Kane?

BB glute bridges? Who the f*ck are you, Marianne Kane?

I'm building me an ass!!:pac::p

...also..they were in my programme last october I'll have ya know!!

Wednesday 25th April-Weightlifting:)

Mobility
    KB Windmills
    Fire Hydrants
    Bird Dog
    Scap Push
    Rotational thoracic spine
    Groin rotations

Warmup-15kg
    Overhead Squats 3 x 3
    Jump and Overhead spuat 3 x 3
    Drop Snatches 3 x 3
    Itty Bitty snatches 3 x 3
    Snatches from the hip 3 x 3

Snatch Skills-20kg
    2 Hang Snatch
    2 Snatch Squats
    2 Drop Snatches
    5 sets
    Really really paid attention to pushing through my legs for all the squats..surprisingly tired doing it

Cleans...all from above the knee
    All light today=no freakouts=happy bunny
    20kg x 3
    22kg x 3
    25kg x 3
    25kg x 3
    27kg x 3
    27kg x 3
    29kg x 3
    29kg x 3..all felt good

Alternating DB Press
    10kg x 4/4
    12kg x 4/4...bit of body english
    10kg x 4/4
    10kg x 4/4

DB Row..really concentrating on form..tiny row with scap first pause finish movement
    20kg x 4/4..bit of body english
    18kg x 4/4
    18kg x 4/4
    18kg x 4/4

Lunge Circuit-4kg DBS
    6 Snatch
    6 Press
    6 Curls
    6 Snatch
    6 Press
    6 Curls
    With a wide lunge inbetween each exercise....my poor hip flexors:(
    3 sets

*A bit of playing*:)

Weighted Pullups
    +5kg x 1 (5 sets)

DB Side Bends
    28kg x 10/10
    28kg x 10/10
    28kg x 10/10

Ab Rollouts
    1 x 10..then bar squeaked horrendously..couldnt stand the noise

Workblock-15mins
    5 Suitcase DL e/s 24kg KB
    10 Pushups
    5 e/s KB rows..being strict here too
    11 rounds in 14.30...wasnt going hell for leather..just a nice quick pace

A grand day!

Friday 27th April-WLing:)

Actually wasnt too hopeful about todays session cos I was wired to the moon. Hyper=no concentration at all. Weights were kept relatively light so it actually went grand.

Mobility
    Fire Hyrdrants
    Sumo Squats
    Quad Walk
    Hamstring Walk
    BB Scap Push
    KB Windmills
    Spiderman Walk

Snatch Drills
    Overhead squat 3 x 5
    Overhead Jump Squat thing 3 x 3
    Drop Snatch 3 x 3
    Itty Bitty Snatch movement 3 x 3
    Snatch from knee 3 x 3

Completely forgot to do the Snatch Skills circuit:o Dammit!

Snatch from above knee
    After last days chickening out with the snatches we decided to start light and work up slowly each week
    20kg x 3
    22kg x 3
    22kg x 3
    24kg x 3
    24kg x 3...all easy:)

Jerk Skills Practice-20kg
    Some itty bitty lunges with bar overhead 3 x 5
    Bar overhead...lunge and jump 3 x 5
    Bar in rack position and jerk 3 x 5

Hang Cleans
    20kg x 3
    25kg x 3
    27kg x 3
    29kg x 3
    30kg x 3
    31kg x 3...all easy:)

Squats
    35kg x 10
    35kg x 10
    35kg x 10
    35kg x 10
    35kg x 10...pure focus on driving through my legs on all these

Inverted Rows

4 x 8

Supersetted with
    Millitary Press 20kg
    4 x 8

*****Just messing*****
    KB Turkish Get Up
    5mins continuous
    1e/s

8kg KB Snatches

2 x 10/10...these werent feeling in the groove today so I left them at that

Abs Circuit
    Pushup Plank (1min)
    KB Twists 10/10 12kg
    10 Hanging Leg Raises
    x 3 rounds...ouch!

Great Day:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

Aw your enthusiasm makes me smile. Ok I get what you mean by itty bitty movements now. Keep it up. I think im now officially stalking your log.

Advertisement