Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm typing this through gritted teeth.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Seriously, there's not a day goes by I don't think how much better my life would be if I just had a cigarette. You can't give up having broken the back of the beast. I hate hearing stories of people giving up for months or years and then going back on them. It just makes it easier for the rest of us to take it up again. You have to stay strong for us Daisy.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

Really happy with myself, I really wanted to smoke but didn't. Thanks for all the messages of support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Really happy with myself, I really wanted to smoke but didn't. Thanks for all the messages of support.

I am so pleased! You would have felt really crappy the next day if you did smoke.

So sorry, to hear about your bad news. If there is anything I or anyone here can do, just let us know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭d.anthony

Hi guys, and hi Daisy.

I started reading this thread on Friday night and your wee diary thing you have here inspired me to just quit. I lit up a fag (the last one in the box) and promised myself it would be my last. I'm happy to say, 4 days later and I'm still off them:D

First 2 days weren't as bad as I thought but it's getting tougher now. I've tried to give up once or twice before but always half-heartedly, this time I'm really determined.

So just wanna say thanks to Daisy, you writing down your experiences made me realise it can be done and hopefully I'm gonna be rid of that horrible habit for good:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Good luck d.anthony

Takes a while to see the benefits but the longer you stick at it the happier you will feel about giving up. What worked for me was telling everyone I know and being unbelieveably stubborn...... oh and champix.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭NavanEPS

Hi d.anthony - keep it up, it is so worth it - imagine being released from the chains of smoking. I am off them 14 weeks on Monday and have to say while it was one of the most difficult things I have done, it has also been one of the most rewarding.

You are through some of the worst of it already so Congrats!

• Company Representative Posts: 115 Verified rep PaulGogartyTD

Keep it up everyone. And save a fortune. Especially after the upcoming budget

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

Hey Daisey,
    How are you feelin today? still strong and determined I hope, keep us informed about how your day is going I found writing about it and reading over my old posts kept me focused.
    Anyway keep up the good work.
    Roy

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Optimus485

Hope you're all keeping well.

I gave up around 40 weeks (285 days) ago on Jan 1st. Have saved myself about 2200 euro so far.

:)

Advertisement