Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter X Tekken is for REAL!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Oh my days, it seems Capcom might be turning this into a decent game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Heres hoping. Bought it release day for close to fifty quid, hated it. Waited for tthe dlc and patch hoping it would convince me the game was worth playing.... 20 quid and still hated it. This balance update is the last chnace capcom have with a lot of folk. I really want to like the game but its just horrible in its current form. Boost combos were an awful idea in my opinion. I really like a lot of the tekken side so hopefully the balance will pull me back towards the game again :) Nina/Jack X ... awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Junsuina Chikara

Has anyone here realised how Steam are charging for the Gem packs!? Which are FREE! on the gfwl marketplace! The cheek!

SFXT Steam Store page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/209120/

GFWL SFXT Add-ons page: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Street-Fighter-X-Tekken/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80443430fa5?downloadtype=GameAddon&Page=2

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

I fell this deserves somewhat of a bump seeing as Ver.2013 is out tomorrow. :pac:

Is anybody going to be picking back up the game in hopes that it is actually good?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Oh! Is it really out tomorrow? I didn't know it was so soon. I might give it another chance if Steve is any fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MelficeVKM

Can't wait to leaping side kick everybody.. :pac:

Some chars i liked (abel, asuka, steve, nina) getting good buffs so will definitely try it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

SFxT 2013 is out on PSN apparently, my IRC chat is going frantic with testing, Asuka sounds really good (got one of the Asuka mains to test out loads of stuff)

Asuka might be viable now :O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

I'm playing SFXT patch

Tekken characters can go FU...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Will probably crack this out tonight and see if Jin or Jack take my fancy.

Not going to give up on Guile, learning 2 characters is way too much work!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Is the xbox patch out today or tomorrow? I know that the live marketplace is usually updated on Wednesday's for us.

Looking forward to those Jin buffs! Better make the most of it before they nerf him hard in the next version :pac:

• Advertisement

Rob2D wrote: »
    Is the xbox patch out today or tomorrow? I know that the live marketplace is usually updated on Wednesday's for us.

Looking forward to those Jin buffs! Better make the most of it before they nerf him hard in the next version :pac:

That's for DLC as opposed to a patch, though, right? I was pretty sure today was the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Won't be able to play this for a few days :(

Gimme Asukaaaaaaa

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Game is still poo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Doyler01 wrote: »
    Game is still poo.

Without being changed beyond recognition it always will be, but the update might at least make it decent for casual play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

ibvO8Rw0aJH4aG.gif

It Begins...

http://www.twitch.tv/desosaurusx is looking for people to play him if anyone's about!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

Yep everybody check out Deso's stream, I will be stream monstering as usual.

Edit: Scratch that he realised that SFxT is actually a horrible game so now he is playing other proper games :) It might be on again later though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Had a lengthy session tonight. Games are a lot quicker now, tick throws work well and the threat of a throw (and the loss of all red health) really helps opening people up.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Had a lengthy session tonight. Games are a lot quicker now, tick throws work well and the threat of a throw (and the loss of all red health) really helps opening people up.

Played it myself, didnt have a single timeout, throws are such a big game changer now.

Having trouble using Guy though, the input for his bushin chain is exactly the same as a boost combo for the rest of the cast (jab -> strong -> fierce -> roundhouse), so half the time I get a boost chain when I dont want one, like tagging back in my almost dead partner who has now lost all his red life :-(

Anyone know how to avoid this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Got an hour or so in and its still the ****tiest game I've ever played. €70 quid. Sigh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

J0hnick wrote: »
    so half the time I get a boost chain when I don't want one, like tagging back in my almost dead partner who has now lost all his red life :-(

Just raw launcher again and bring Guy back. That's an easy way to deal with that problem. Can't help you with the execution thing though! :pac:

Anyway, characters who can combo into throws can now have a huge influence.

Danonino. wrote: »
    Got an hour or so in and its still the ****tiest game I've ever played. €70 quid. Sigh.

Care to explain this?

What about this game makes it the worst game you've ever played?

What other fighting games do you like and what is it about them you like over this?

I can understand someone not enjoying this game, but in no way is it a ****ty game.

Play Shaq-Fu and Rise of the Robots to see what truly ****ty fighting games are. More recently, play MK vs DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Rise of the Robots

ಠ_ಠ

In fairness, it had a cracking soundtrack!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Speaking of sound track..
    The music in every stage of SFxT is gutter trash.

I do sorta like this game to be honest. I'm kind of waiting to see what dumb stuff takes over.. like stand jab, ken air tatsu, zangief, hugo, dhalsim, Jack ect.

My biggest gripe with the game is that it always feels sloppy. Does anyone else feel this way? Like AE is so crisp and responsive and this is just shlop.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Yeah games feels slow and laggy compared to the SF4 series.
    Timeouts still seem to be rampant.
    Netcode seems to be ass.

Yeah, I found online a very crappy experience compared to SSF4 altogether. Inputs were going missing completely, and these days my pretty much flawless for SF4.

It feels like there's an enjoyable game to be played there but it also seems to have taken the elements I dislike from other fighters (mainly 1 mistake = 10 seconds in a long combo or super animation) and weakened some of the stuff I like (AAs seem to still be quite poor, although maybe that's the chars I picked).

That said I like the idea of throws eliminating red health- it makes them a serious threat, and the game does feel a little more fast paced without so many animations to be played.

I don't know if I'll keep it up but I had fun with Guile and Jin in the training room so I'll probably spend time messing around with it at the very least.

I played online for quite a while last night and the only time I felt any input errors was when I was randomly matched against a Chilean player and two matches against a guy who's always on SFIV "Cait Sith" from Spain. (He's ****e at this game too.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Got the 2013 patch yesterday and after playing it for a while, I have some initial thoughts.

* Damage is a lot more brutal in this version
    * Same goes for throws - Don't think I've being thrown this much in SFxT ever
    * I've actually being getting an insane amount of time outs - Though that is probably my own fault as I'm more than likely doing it wrong! That said, they weren't comfortable wins - I actually had to keep until my toes until the timer hit zero because 1 throw would change the outcome of the round now.
    * The roll nerf hurts - Have to think before I roll now
    * Game looks better without neon disco flashing gem active characters and shaking energy bars
    * Online match making is still bollocks - Game doesn't know what ' same ' means when I'm searching ranked matches!

EDIT: The ' same ' I was referring to was Skill. It's no fun being matched with people twice your BP when you search same. Being told it gets fairer when you hit a higher rank anyway.

• Advertisement

* Online match making is still bollocks - Game doesn't know what ' same ' means when I'm searching ranked matches!

You selecting that for Region or Skill?

Capcom seems to be random in their decision for Same region for European customers.

For SFxT it seems to be Ireland only when Same is selected, which is a bit **** because you don't get to select who you're chosen to play against, so when Any is selected you get matched with Australians, East Asians and South Americans a lot.

Advertisement