Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Average Of Hot Women Have Gone Down Since The Recession

Options
12346»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

I'd be interested in seeing how many Irish men would prefer the excitement of dating a foreign girl as opposed to an Irish one. Nothing against Irish women at all, I'm sure there are some great girls out there but this all goes back to the endless debate we see so much on boards....

Personally, with my goals in life, a woman would need to be a keen explorer as I love to travel and I don't see my long term future here. Luckily, I have a partner who is just the same as me.

Again, nothing against the women of Ireland but we're not known for our beauty.

I think we have our fair share of belters but also our fair share of munters, in a world league table I'd say we'd be lower midtable but certainly avoiding relegation.

Generalised Pros of Irish women: don't take themselves too seriously, witty, good for a bit of banter/craic, can look good after dolling themselves up

Generalised Cons of Irish women: a lack of real natural beauties (hence they doll themselves up so much), don't tan well, not very fashionable (although this has improved), body issues (especially when it comes to sex, lack of self confidence is a turn off, if you have a mole or cellulite or whatever don't fret about it or try to hide it/disguise it, be comfortbale in your skin = turn-on), not as feminine/graceful as continental european ladies (this may also be interpreted as a pro as it means they'll drink away with you to beat the band and make dirty jokes etc rather than just sitting there prettily batting their eyelids)

And finally in reference to the part in bold, I'd have to agree with the OP, again a big generalisation but that is necessary for this debate but a lot of Irish women have hang-ups about doing stuff on their own, about being independent and adventurous, this affects men too and in Ireland there is still a strong smalltown mentality. Sometimes women are afraid to go into a pub on their own, go for dinner/a coffee on their own, go on holiday alone etc etc. just look on boards, there are loads of threads with people saying they're afraid to do the simplest of stuff on their own for fear of what unknown unseen others might say. This kind of mentality is very suffocating and just plain dull, do what you feel like and don't care what others might think, have the strength of character to go it alone if needs be. Again I hasten to add not all women are insecure about these issues but a lot are and certainly it's more of a cultural phenomenon here than in other countries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭RachPie

I'm still in between with this thread.
    I think it depends on your definition of beauty.
    I'm an Irish woman, and I have never once in my life been called ugly. I happen to be incredibly independent, and not like your average typical woman - I like to do things differently. I'm sure there are more out there like me.
    So, naturally, I take offence at the fact that so many men on here are generalising Irish women, grouping them all into one category that yes, I do agree there are women out there like the ones you're talking about - but not every single last woman in Ireland is like that, nor does it make foreign women superior in any way. There are both beautiful and ugly people in every single nationality.
    I do really like the cultural diversity of the foreign nationals here, and that's the thing we'll really lose if most of them go home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭I_AmThe_Walrus

RachPie wrote: »
    I do really like the cultural diversity of the foreign nationals here, and that's the thing we'll really lose if most of them go home.

You hit the nail on the head there and I'm glad you understood the thread. I didn't mean to flame Irish women for being 'ugly' but as Donfers and Ottostreet have mentioned some women are like this here.

I will also lose something bigger than a few foreign nationals. I'll lose my sanity because their culture, traditions and the learnings of them is addictive to me. I'm on a world discovery mission. :)

One day, I will know the truth.

Advertisement