Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job Vacancies - New Job Postings Only - NO INFO REQUESTS ON-THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Steba

Heard on Redfm that Soho in town are looking for Bar staff, apply in the bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Needler

Steba wrote: »
    Heard on Redfm that Soho in town are looking for Bar staff, apply in the bar.

How many years experience and are they looking for someone with a masters or a PhD?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Needler wrote: »
    How many years experience and are they looking for someone with a masters or a PhD?

Yes they insist on a phd & 15 years experience in quantum physics with a good working knowledge of nano technology.

Graduates form Harvard will have a distinct advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Does anybody know anything about Blue Steel Acquisitions? I have a job interview with them tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Does anybody know anything about Blue Steel Acquisitions? I have a job interview with them tomorrow.
    That sounds made up o_O

• Advertisement

Namlub wrote: »
    That sounds made up o_O

They only told me the name of the company in the phonecall...I'm starting to get suspicious tbh! >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 28 crazy_janey

I went for an interview with them a while back, it was a joke! I found out through Boards that it was basically a door to door job and decided to go to the interview for a laugh. It was just terrible, I couldnt stop laughing in there and he was talking some crap! It really wasnt something I wanted to do so I politely declined the second round interview. I dont think anyone turns down the second round interview, he sounded quite shocked. I wouldnt be bothered with them unless you want experience door to door.

I went for an interview with them a while back, it was a joke! I found out through Boards that it was basically a door to door job and decided to go to the interview for a laugh. It was just terrible, I couldnt stop laughing in there and he was talking some crap! It really wasnt something I wanted to do so I politely declined the second round interview. I dont think anyone turns down the second round interview, he sounded quite shocked. I wouldnt be bothered with them unless you want experience door to door.

I'm really nervous about it tbh! Door to door really wouldn't be my thing...and people hate when total strangers turn up on their doorsteps trying to sell them crap.

I've been snooping around the net since I got the call, and it seems to be pay on commission, and mad hours...

I'm really nervous about it tbh! Door to door really wouldn't be my thing...and people hate when total strangers turn up on their doorsteps trying to sell them crap.

I've been snooping around the net since I got the call, and it seems to be pay on commission, and mad hours...

I went in knowing it wasnt what I wanted so I wasnt too nervous. But its always daunting going into an interview situation! The first question I was asked was what my hobbies are...........its not the best question! The second round interview was being held in a shopping center, your at a stand and try to get people over to the stand to sell them things. It just seems like a tough job for no money and doors being closed in your face all day!

I went in knowing it wasnt what I wanted so I wasnt too nervous. But its always daunting going into an interview situation! The first question I was asked was what my hobbies are...........its not the best question! The second round interview was being held in a shopping center, your at a stand and try to get people over to the stand to sell them things. It just seems like a tough job for no money and doors being closed in your face all day!

Have you any idea if they're some kind of pyramid scheme? That seems to be the gist of what's coming up in my searches..

• Advertisement

Have you any idea if they're some kind of pyramid scheme? That seems to be the gist of what's coming up in my searches..

Thats what I found too, theres no proper pay or something. If you look at their website its not very well done and they dont really explain anything. But they tell you in the interview that its door to door or standing at a stand in a shopping center. It depends on how much you sell to how much you earn, which is meant to motivate you to sell loads but it sounded like crap to me! You could always go tomorrow and see how they sell it, the worst that can happen is you dont like it. I wouldnt stress about it though, its not a tough interview at all.

Thats what I found too, theres no proper pay or something. If you look at their website its not very well done and they dont really explain anything. But they tell you in the interview that its door to door or standing at a stand in a shopping center. It depends on how much you sell to how much you earn, which is meant to motivate you to sell loads but it sounded like crap to me! You could always go tomorrow and see how they sell it, the worst that can happen is you dont like it. I wouldnt stress about it though, its not a tough interview at all.

Yeah I'm kinda stressing more about what I may have signed myself up for than the interview. This definitely is not for me though...I'd prefer something with a minimum wage...I'll go for the interview and just not take the job if it's offered. Thanks a mil for your help!:)

Yeah I'm kinda stressing more about what I may have signed myself up for than the interview. This definitely is not for me though...I'd prefer something with a minimum wage...I'll go for the interview and just not take the job if it's offered. Thanks a mil for your help!:)

The main reason I went was because I bought a lovely skirt that was perfect for interviews and I wanted to wear it:o
    At least its practice for the next interview!
    Good luck!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Yeah - watch out for this guy who will be interviewing you - a real piece of work.

zoolander.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭GoldRush4821

They only told me the name of the company in the phonecall...I'm starting to get suspicious tbh! >_>

I would have been suspicious as to how they got your phone number in the first place haha did you even apply for the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭A.G.S

Hi anyone here ever done an assessment for amazon ? I have one Monday at 5pm in the National Learning Network.I thought the time was a bit odd as its late in the day.I'm really nervous about the typing assessment and spelling and grammar.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭A Country Voice

anyone know of any available jobs ?
    Its a bit annoying to see every few days that somebody has put up a new post here, and you think, oh a new vacancy somewhere, only to then read that its somebody asking for advice on an upcoming interview, or a company that theyre applying for, or discussing pyramid schemes!!!!

This is an "available jobs" thread isnt it??????????????:mad:

A Country Voice

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭RebeccaChick

Harry Corry (next to Woodies by the Kinsale Roundabout) are looking for a Part-time sales staff member. It's 16 hours a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Ian Mac

Its a bit annoying to see every few days that somebody has put up a new post here, and you think, oh a new vacancy somewhere, only to then read that its somebody asking for advice on an upcoming interview, or a company that theyre applying for, or discussing pyramid schemes!!!!

A Country Voice

I'd have to agree it's somewhat annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭GoldRush4821

Agreed ACV, Director's cut in glanmire looking for flexible part time staff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

Gloria Jeans Cafe on Patrick St.

Both full time and part time staff.

A Country Voice

Apologies, but I didn't know where else to ask, and I was genuinely worried about what I may have walked myself into.

http://www.dashi-deli.com/

^^This place is looking for staff, according to their facebook page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭V480

Q-Park Cork are looking for p/t staff...job listed on fas website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 CeliaS

Does anyone know of any pharmacies in the city or its surrounds that are hiring (sales assistant, dispensary assistant, cosmetics, photo lab, etc)?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 barnaneboi

The electrical contractors that i work for are looking for any young lads that are off school/college for the summer to work on site in Cork city for 4/5 weeks Mon-Fri. The work would be manual labour. Anyone interested or who knows some relative who may be interested please PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CCFCRebel

Hi barnaneboi
    Just sent you a PM there
    cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 new2t

any one no of anything else available? full or part-time. will work at anything at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

I saw that Cork City Council were taking on 50 Interns.

http://www.jobbridge.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

Mace - Ballyphehane

Looking for deli assistant and till assistant.

Advertisement