Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job Vacancies - New Job Postings Only - NO INFO REQUESTS ON-THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 catamantia

hi, im looking for acleaing job in cork, i dont know where to post the jobs hear
    please let me know if you know of any

thank you!

Check Gumtree.ie Cork and there are often posts there about cleaning work.
    http://cork.gumtree.ie/cork/33250_1.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Looking for a part time job...well full time in summer if possible... and part time after!!Anything at all...Preferablly Mallow, Grenagh/Blarney wouldnt be too bad..Would work in the city if I had to.

Has anyone ever got a job of gumtree?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 EmZZZ

closeline wrote: »
    Has anyone ever got a job of gumtree?

I haven't. Some ads are genuine, but many are dubious. It's still worth keeping an eye on it though...

EmZZZ wrote: »
    I haven't. Some ads are genuine, but many are dubious. It's still worth keeping an eye on it though...

What are the dodgy ones?? How would you find out the genuine ones. Any other better sites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Steba

Never off gum tree, got a couple of interviews off Jobs.ie though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

PC World in the Mahon Point business park are advertising a flexible sales position (25 hours i think), doesn't specify any experience requirements either. First person to PM me and i'll do a name drop for ya as i work in Currys (next door, same company) :)

Im after getting a lot of replys about working from home. Looks like a rubbish to be honest. Im also after getting a few that seem ok. Like delivery catalogues to houses and also goods. Seems genuine enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Im after getting a lot of replys about working from home. Looks like a rubbish to be honest. Im also after getting a few that seem ok. Like delivery catalogues to houses and also goods. Seems genuine enough.

Most of the catalogue delivery systems run off a commission based system, and are really no more than a type of pyramid scheme. Generally referred to as Multi-Level marketing. The whole business model behind them is unsustainable (Not for the company, it's very profitable for them, because you basically get a sales team that works for free, but for the general catalogue sales person) and I would certainly advise you to keep well away from them. (Unless they are paying you by the hour, or a fixed salary)

Has anyone heard good or bad stories about Kleeneze??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

http://itseasyaspie.blogspot.com/2008/06/kleeneze-have-you-been-mlmed.html

Can anyone tell me anything about ACT Marketing and research? THe pay is on commission and any time i pass one of their stalls ( Sky digital and utc... ect) they're never busy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

If they're the same crowd as that Gallop Marketing, stay well away. Just google them and see what comes up. I think there has been a few threads on them here and at other Irish forums.

Yeah it says on jobs.ie that the average weekly pay is 400-700 ( commission), seems too good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Dean820 wrote: »
    If they're the same crowd as that Gallop Marketing, stay well away

I remember them, a few years ago someone was telling me about a day spent with them and I taught they were lying it so far fetched so I decided to experience it for myself

I'd a few days off work at the time so I rang them, and had an interview that evening, got the 'job', showed up at 7am the next morning

Headed for the bus to Blarney with a lady in her mid 20's who looked anemic and run down, breakfast for her consisted of coffee and a menthol marlboro ciggerette

Went around selling crap, she freaked out a few times which was funny, she paid for my bus fair and food and we stayed out from 8am till 8pm

Crazy part was when she was explaining the whole pyramid scheme side of things and about how you'd move up in levels and retrain the person replacing you

What I was listening to was crazy, they wanted you to work 5 day 60 hour weeks, with Saturday as an option, and be responsible for your own tax returns.
    The figure she was showing me was around €500/w which would put you on about €8.33/h rising significantly as you went up in levels,
    she addmitted she was often lucky to see 400/w when her target as a level 2 would be close to €750/w

The next morning I was part of the team meeting which consisted of the main manager giving some cliche riddled speech where they broke down the letters of some word to drive sales

Then they started dancing around each other with posters they made at home with some 'power words' they'd been given as the focal point.
    Very strange, but things got worse

I was brought into a meeting to sign my contract but instead I started questioning everything,
    which led to him calling in his two assistant managers who were trying to pressure me,
    I didn't back down and cursed them under the tabe so they asked me to leave

One of the level 2 people followed me down to the entrance on MacCurtain street and started getting very angry and emotional
    saying how dare I undermine K**th and all the hard work he has done by being so disrespectful

Very odd experience, anyone I told had the same reaction I first did

The whole business model was to find people with little to no family, no job, young and who could become practically brainwashed and led into the belief that very soon it would all pay off

I'm sorry I didn't go in with a video camera and record the whole lot, would have gone down well with the likes of the Sunday World

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Celtic3x

That is crazy. sounds like steven spielberg's next movie our something!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭GoldRush4821

Hi, can someone tell me if the major supermarkets like Tesco, Dunnes, Marks and Spencers, Supervalu etc... hire people to stock shelves at night time? If anyone here does something like this, is there any special skills you should put down on a cv other than the ability to stay awake during the night? :)

If anyone here does something like this, is there any special skills you should put down on a cv other than the ability to stay awake during the night? :)

I don't work in dunnes etc.. but in a very large warehouse sometimes well into the early morning and usually on my own

- able to work on your own initiative
    - task focused
    - ability to follow planograms ( fairly important for any large retailer)
    - excellent time keeping

you can really hit a mental block when your working on your own very late at night in a large open area,
    hard to explain but it can get to you, especially when a good bit of concentration is required, you just lose all focus

I think I've seen Penny's and Smiths advertising for night replen staff, I'd imagine Tesco Wilton would as well if they are still 24hrs

Thanks very much, great advice. Much appreciated. I had never even heard of planograms before but its good to know what they are prior to applying for the job!! If you think of any others that might be hiring please let me know - I'll apply for them all and hope for the best. Does the night work take its toll on you or can you find ways of adapting?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

I remember them, a few years ago someone was telling me about a day spent with them and I taught they were lying it so far fetched so I decided to experience it for myself

I'd a few days off work at the time so I rang them, and had an interview that evening, got the 'job', showed up at 7am the next morning

Headed for the bus to Blarney with a lady in her mid 20's who looked anemic and run down, breakfast for her consisted of coffee and a menthol marlboro ciggerette

Went around selling crap, she freaked out a few times which was funny, she paid for my bus fair and food and we stayed out from 8am till 8pm

Crazy part was when she was explaining the whole pyramid scheme side of things and about how you'd move up in levels and retrain the person replacing you

What I was listening to was crazy, they wanted you to work 5 day 60 hour weeks, with Saturday as an option, and be responsible for your own tax returns.
    The figure she was showing me was around €500/w which would put you on about €8.33/h rising significantly as you went up in levels,
    she addmitted she was often lucky to see 400/w when her target as a level 2 would be close to €750/w

The next morning I was part of the team meeting which consisted of the main manager giving some cliche riddled speech where they broke down the letters of some word to drive sales

Then they started dancing around each other with posters they made at home with some 'power words' they'd been given as the focal point.
    Very strange, but things got worse

I was brought into a meeting to sign my contract but instead I started questioning everything,
    which led to him calling in his two assistant managers who were trying to pressure me,
    I didn't back down and cursed them under the tabe so they asked me to leave

One of the level 2 people followed me down to the entrance on MacCurtain street and started getting very angry and emotional
    saying how dare I undermine K**th and all the hard work he has done by being so disrespectful

Very odd experience, anyone I told had the same reaction I first did

The whole business model was to find people with little to no family, no job, young and who could become practically brainwashed and led into the belief that very soon it would all pay off

I'm sorry I didn't go in with a video camera and record the whole lot, would have gone down well with the likes of the Sunday World

I terminated my own "on the job interview" a few years ago.
    A bit too cultish....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's with all the homecare jobs going? It's really confusing! Makes me wish I was qualified in that area :(

Does the night work take its toll on you or can you find ways of adapting?

Depends on the person, and the work involved

I only ever had one 9-5 job in the city center and it drove me nuts,
    I couldn't stand being stuck in rush hour and getting home exhausted and grumpy

I much prefer working unusual days and hours and not the usual mon-fri 9-5

Late and night shifts can affect your social life, but again it depends on the person
    suits me as I prefer meeting up with someone earlier in the day rather then getting hammered every weekend

plus I've always prefered to get things done early in the day instead of waiting to get back from work when I'd be too tired

It's rare, but when I'm covering other people's shifts due to holidays I've had to work till around 5am and that can be strange

especially in the winter around christmas where I could wake up when it's dark, get home and it's dark and not see any daylight at all

the opposite can be said too at this time of year, finish at 5am and you feel like your in perpetual daylight

Plus, you see some crazy things on the roads at between 3-5am
    and it's not much fun being the first person on a ice/frost covered road :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I am wondering that myself, a bit sceptical of them?! Got an email from them and not too happy about it.

Thanks for the other posters advice and link on as easy as pie, makes more sense. Say I go with my gut instinct to steer clear of them!

Would they be any different to AVON or AVON more genuine?

doovdela wrote: »

Would they be any different to AVON or AVON more genuine?

They're still a form of Multi-Level Marketing, but if I'd to choose I'd go for Avon

A well recognized brand, they would be a much safer bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭V480

Are there actually any jobs out there at all??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

V480 wrote: »
    Are there actually any jobs out there at all??
    Beat me to it :pac:

I think you have to think outside the box to get any kind of job. That's why I'm trying to apply for night replen positions because it's possible that there wouldn't be as many applicants for these roles, even in this economic climate. But at the same time, I'm finding it difficult to find places that actually hire night staff. Most places aren't busy enough that they need night time restocking and other places only hire at Christmas. The once "safe" bets of Tesco, Supervalu, Dunnes etc... just aren't safe anymore and lots of them just give night time jobs to current employees... But I think with some perseverance an opportunity might just show itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

I think there's jobs out there. Most people who work at a company might know there's plenty of jobs going there but may be afraid to give you the company name just in case you might take their place in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭A.G.S

hi has anyone here herd of zevas communications ?

• Advertisement

they are legit AFAIK but it seems that it's a very high pressure environment that not everyone is able for. And if you don't adjust quickly, they let you go just as quick. But the company is itself is legit, I just think it's for a specific type of person.

Advertisement