Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite game - post a pic of it

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Most of my favourites have already been shown (some several times), so:

Flashback3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭KilOit

FruitLover wrote: »
    Most of my favourites have already been shown (some several times), so:

Flashback3.jpg

Great game alright animation was unreal, before flashback this game blew me away as a kid, people confuse flashback with another world but they ain't related.

AnotherWorld04-715482.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Grimebox wrote: »
    I played this recently with some friends. They used to love but I never played and honestly.. I don't get it. Why do people like it so much?

Play it multiplayer, you'll understand, it's a crap single player experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Ah great, I've a brother I can play LAN with :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Thats exactly what we did do. I think the problem was that they were hardened veterans and flew through the whole thing so fast. All I did was click on bad guys till they died, refilled health and picked up colourful items.

On a completely different note... i think im growing out of games! I don't nearly as much patience and time as I once had. I played that vampire game recently and it seems good yet I have almost no desire to play on. I think the problem is me rather than all these games that can't hold my attention

/rant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

All I did was click on bad guys till they died, refilled health and picked up colourful items.

That's Diablo alright, great innit? :)

On a completely different note... i think im growing out of games! I don't nearly as much patience and time as I once had. I played that vampire game recently and it seems good yet I have almost no desire to play on. I think the problem is me rather than all these games that can't hold my attention
    /rant

Sounds like a good topic for a thread, I've been thinking the same thing recently...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I played this recently with some friends. They used to love but I never played and honestly.. I don't get it. Why do people like it so much?

well diablo 1 was a grand dad of proper dungeon crawler who brought it to masses.

i personally loved diablo1 and 2, i played it for ages! i even rebought it few months ago, and we played it with ex wow friends for ages!

beuty of this game is battle.net its like an early blizzards mmorpg.

i loved the way you get items. quality ladder of items was really solid. Unique items, which were the BOMB! alot of them have nicknames "storm" "shako" "ocu".

Loved the economy in game, items are not soulbound like in wow. So if you by luck got some high level unique item, you can trade it to anather item for your character etc.every item has worth in " soya" etc...

Its hard to explain, but if you hook up ond2 battle.net, you will be stuck for life!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

dayofdefeat_052303_016.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ah good old DOD before it went all crappy with source.
    3.1 the one with bandagng and classic maps like zafod etc was the best if them all, great memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Half%20Life%20(1).jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

I have 3:
    Toonstruck
    fototoonstruck.jpg

Albion
    albion-320.gif

And more recently, Bioshock
    bioshock_2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

A couple of my favourites

hqdefault.jpg

2.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Is the first one desert strike or similar? cant remember the name.
    I remember it being hard as nails with the SAM sites being so annoying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

It's Return Fire.. Escaping with the flag in a humvee being chased by an apache to Flight of the Valkyries = magic local multiplayer memories

Here's a couple more

gfs_12049_2_3.jpg

Not the greatest screenshot of it, but this map was my favourite
    302_ts2_xbx_13.JPG

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

HYAHH!

Zelda03bosscoll.jpg

Although I'm extremely partial to runners up :

resident-evil-4.jpg and 1676_1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭JonB

command-and-conquer-tiberian-sun.jpg
    Great game, got really addicted to it online.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Great thread this, lots of fond memories going through it and lots of tips for things I've yet to try :) I can't believe we're here on Boards.ie though and no one's posted the game that started this site off! :eek:

quake1_001_l.jpg

It's still one of the best multiplayer games I've ever played, Q3A's the only one that's come close to matching it for me.

Following from that, a couple more of my faves, some of which have been mentioned already...

headcrab_photo_eng.jpg

Too many moments of hy heart going sideways when one of those bastards jumped out of the shadows.

redalert_01.jpg

StarCraft be-damned, give me Tanks and Tiberium!

s_Defender_2.png

About 25 years ago, I played this non-stop :)

FantasyWorldDizzy.png

Another major blast from the past from my C64 days. Really enjoyed the Dizzy series.

Finally, 2 from my "OMG I can't believe I put that many 10p coins into these arcade machines!" vault...

218473_f520.jpg

And the classic:

153438__streetfighter_l.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 floodser14

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I had to give an honorable mention to:

1512.jpg
    holy ****e wat game is dat again i remembr i had dis years ago playd it v. little nd cudnt remembr wat it was once i sold it its bin annoying me ever since........anybody know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 floodser14

937742_20070305_screen002.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Benzino wrote: »
    So many games to pick as well, but the one I'll always remember is:

bonanzabros.PNG

Bonanza Brothers

Deadly, i have this on the PS3 :
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic%27s_Ultimate_Genesis_Collection

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

floodser14 wrote: »
    holy ****e wat game is dat again i remembr i had dis years ago playd it v. little nd cudnt remembr wat it was once i sold it its bin annoying me ever since........anybody know?

Shadowrun for the SNES. Awesome game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Can't pick just one to be honest, so here's my top few:
    metal-slug.jpg
    WikibattleFF6.PNG

2deenede2007147.jpg
    harrier-attack.jpg
    fallout-3-20080713054033882_640w.jpg

I had to give an honorable mention to:

1512.jpg

OH HELL YEAH! I loved this game, played it every summer for about 5 years along with ALttP :) It was Matrix before Matrix was Matrix! Tread carefully whelp, you have much to overcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,545 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

floodser14 wrote: »

Shadowrun on the Snes.

Spent a lot of time on this and still play it on an emulator. What an unreal game!!!! the music, atmosphere, characters. Pity about the tough as fook levels at the end tho!

EDIT: Jay, exactly. I remember playing it again after the matrix and thinking "They ripped off Shadowrun!! Dey Tuk RRR Jerrrbs!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

harrier-attack.jpg

Harrier attack - Used to have it on an Amstrad 6128 - it was class!

Shadowrun on the Snes.

Spent a lot of time on this and still play it on an emulator. What an unreal game!!!! the music, atmosphere, characters. Pity about the tough as fook levels at the end tho!

EDIT: Jay, exactly. I remember playing it again after the matrix and thinking "They ripped off Shadowrun!! Dey Tuk RRR Jerrrbs!!"

lol Yeah, definitely! :pac::pac: I found that doing the later levels by yourself is a lot easier than looking after Shadowrunners! (So you can cloak yourself for much longer) Calling Drake was hilarious too. Any idea how it stacks up against the MegaDrive version?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,545 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

jaykhunter wrote: »
    lol Yeah, definitely! :pac::pac: I found that doing the later levels by yourself is a lot easier than looking after Shadowrunners! (So you can cloak yourself for much longer) Calling Drake was hilarious too. Any idea how it stacks up against the MegaDrive version?

I hated megadrive version, completely different game, cack! The bosses in SR were class too, the vampire, jester, octopus... ah good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Scorchio MK7

mise wrote: »
    A couple of my favourites

hqdefault.jpg

2.jpg

Oh I loved Retrun Fire, Had it on 3D0 :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,897 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Here's some of my old favourites:

Tutorial_Commodore64_02.png

Creatures

mayhem_in_monsterland_08.gif

Mayhem in Monsterland

Ghouls_N_Ghosts_GEN_ScreenShot3.jpg

The first game I 1 credited and needs no introduction

r-type-1.jpg

If you don't know this game you aren't a gamer.

BubbleBobbleAction1.png

Bubble Bobble

axelay2.jpg

Best Shmup on the SNES, Axelay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Battle For Middle Earth 1 and 2 were pretty rad:
    91898920041207screen001.jpg

Loved the hero units, summoning Balrogs, the Army of the Dead, Ents, cave trolls and stuff.

Advertisement