Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Nexus Thread *Spoilers*

Options
  • 19-07-2010 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 85,868 ✭✭✭✭

F4WOnline.com is reporting that the current plan in WWE is to eventually reveal that a top star in the company is behind The Nexus group and is the mastermind behind everything that's been happening on Raw. At this point, two big names that have been pitched by creative are Triple H and John Cena. As far as Triple H goes, it's being reported that he's wanted to turn heel for quite sometime, however injuries to himself and other stars have forced WWE to keep him a face.

I think the best option as their mastermind is Jericho imo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Daniel%2BBryan.jpg

The sh*tstorm must've blown over by now..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,444 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Jericho would be too obvious, having been Wade Barretts pro. Best option I think would be to have Jericho think he's in charge, but then it is revealed that HHH was really behind it all and have them turn on Jericho.

I hope HHH does turn heel. And having him in charge of a large stable would be brilliant. I just hope it doesn't mean he'll get a few WWE title reigns out of it. Although at this stage I'm not too fussed if he beats Flairs record. In fact, I'd almost bet that TNA would make Flair the champ in order to get the record back

• Registered Users Posts: 12,057 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

So the group that wants to rebel against the WWE machine will be led by the boss's son-in-law and the man that resembles everything they hate about the WWE? Seriously why would he have a grudge with the company? Anyways their is a massive match with Sheamus waiting for him. He can turn heel some other time.

I don't really like the idea of a mastermind such as Hunter or even Jericho. Wade is doing an excellent job in leading this angle, no need ffor someone like Jericho, son in law or anything to be drafted in to steal his thunder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

There is only 2 options for me Michael Cole or The Miz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Rjd2 wrote: »
    So the group that wants to rebel against the WWE machine will be led by the boss's son-in-law and the man that resembles everything they hate about the WWE? Seriously why would he have a grudge with the company? Anyways their is a massive match with Sheamus waiting for him. He can turn heel some other time.

I don't really like the idea of a mastermind such as Hunter or even Jericho. It takes away from the Nexus lads and becomes Jericho by turning them into mere cronies. Wade is doing an excellent job in leading this angle, no need ffor someone like Jericho, son in law or anything to be drafted in to steal his thunder.

I'd agree 100% but for one thing (actually pointed out by Jericho in an interview). Sooner or later, someone from the Nexus is going to have to wrestle. Well. And with all due respect to team Nexus, I don't think there's anyone of their number who can pull out a major blow-out, PPV-main-event-calibre match. Barrett and Gabriel are the two most promising guys, but both would need to develop at a faster rate than they have thus far to do this feud justice for the final payoff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,868 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wouldnt mind seeing a Barrett / Jericho feud down the line, have Barrett break away from Nexus and go out on his own

I picked Jericho because who is there for him to feud with on Raw?

I take it he is done with Bourne and unless he turns face to maybe feud with Miz I cant see who else besides Cena and Orton is left for him and Orton is in a feud with Edge and Sheamus has a returning HHH feud set up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

I don't really like the idea of a mastermind such as Hunter or even Jericho. Wade is doing an excellent job in leading this angle, no need ffor someone like Jericho, son in law or anything to be drafted in to steal his thunder.

hunter just wants to add his big f*cking nose into the nexus storyline as its hot at the moment there is no need for him

cena wont be turning heel

i like to see it be the miz now if its anyone he can also claim he got daniel bryan fired and if daniel returns he can feud with miz or as said above cole is another good choice

anyways barrett is a great mouthpiece for them to perhaps they dont need another i am just tired of same storyline for them of the interference in matches for them it would be nice to see them in actual matches

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭Degag

Cena??? Is there any way that could make sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Degag wrote: »
    Cena??? Is there any way that could make sense?

Yeah I'd love the explanation behind him getting beat up every week as part of a grand plan.

I think the guy that makes most sense is Michael Cole as he's constantly avoided being attacked by the group. It would play into the heel role he used on NXT, as well as the whacky email thing. If it means the return of Jim Ross to TV even better.

Jericho is a logical option too though. He has had issues with Cena, Steamboat and Bret Hart, was Barrett's mentor and has also had encounters with Austin and Piper over the years so the messages could be explained that way.

I wouldn't mind a surprise reveal but would be cheesed off if it turned out to be Triple H.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Loving the Nexus Angle so far. I agree that they don't need an established wrestler to be leader, the thing I like about them is they are fresh. Insert HHH or anyone else would spoil it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

You're either Nexus or against us

• Registered Users Posts: 36,180 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

as much as i'd love to see Cena go heel, he won't. as it makes zero sense.

HHH makes no sense either, but they can explain that better. i don't want it though. he's not needed.

i like the 'Cole or Miz' call by campo.

YOUR EITHER LEXUS

lexus-is250-is350-front.jpg

OR NEXUS

wwe-nxt-rookies.jpeg

wwe-nxt-rookies.jpeg

Why is Black Cena Darren Young doing the Percy Watson *sigh* pose?

Why is Black Cena Darren Young doing the Percy Watson *sigh* pose?

They used to to be a tag team in FCW, and from all accounts, Young was just as funky/camp/annoying as Watson allegedly. :pac:

They used to to be a tag team in FCW, and from all accounts, Young was just as funky/camp/annoying as Watson allegedly. :pac:

Oh sweet Jesus

Oh sweet Jesus

:pac:

:pac:

There goes any respect I had for him out the door

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAA

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAA

*sigh*

Moving back to the Nexus very quickly, check out BWE MitB. Big plans for the Nexus

*bang bang* (damn it, that felt good)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

id love to see Cena turn heel here. he could always just turn around and Join Nexus and say "if ya cant beat um join him" that kinda rubbish. it would be a risk to WWE's merchendise sales but if they came up with a good way of turning him it could be the best thing to ever happen WWE. i and alot of other Cena haters would certainly start liking him more.

and Sheamus leading team WWE against Cena's team Nexus :D

the candidates for leader of nexus

"the network"
    a few weeks back when Nexus was about to form. WWE copywritted the terms "nexus" and "the network". maybe "the network" is also the new GM. the storyline could be something to do with stopping the evil curroption of Mr McMahon and his "superstars" that get unfair backing from the boss such as Cena and the "face's".

Michael Cole
    this would explain why Cole was never beaten up by Nexus. this could also explain "why Daniel Bryann refused to stay with Nexus" and therefore dismissed from the group. he would eventually return by the order of Vince to fued with Barret in this scenario.

The Rock
    he has spoken about a "project" much bigger than a guest host role with WWE in the summer of 2010.................................. he could eventually be the secret GM and leader of the Nexus. i doubt he will make more than 4 appearances with WWE so this would mean it would be a big build up but a fast enough end to the eventual fued..................... dare i say Cena vrs The Rock

Brett Hart
    this would be a little hard to explain but can be done in a simple phrase. Brett screwed Vince:D Brett knew that Vince wanted to make his GM role a living hell so he came up with the idea to get Vince and the WWE back once and for all. he takes out Vince and the main event scene. this story would need a bit more work but im sure if it was done right it would be very very memorable.

HHH
    sick of being the nice guy who gets screwed over time and time again. he gets injured by Sheamus who is rewarded with a title shot. his best friend Shawn was forced to retire. and he feels he should be the face of the company and not Cena. he could also fued with Vince for control of teh company. he could be the secret GM. Vince has talked for awhile about retiring his on tv persona so maybe this fued would see HHH take Vinces role for good on tv.

Cena
    he is sick of always being the target. every time he is the object of someones mission to make a name for themselves. the latest being the nexus. so he decides that he will turn his back on his fans and help the nexus instead of fighting them. he decides that keep your friends close but your enemys closer and that instead of them attacking him he would be better to have them attack for him. it would def be cool to see Cena as a bad guy.

HBK
    large and in charge i wish he came back. he said he wont return to the ring but i cant see this role being a problem. he could be sick of being forced to retire so he decides to get his own back. would be cool to see him back:D

could also be
    Jerico or JR

or it could be the same "them" that are telling Abyss what to do:D

Icky Thump wrote: »
    id love to see Cena turn heel here. he could always just turn around and Join Nexus and say "if ya cant beat um join him" that kinda rubbish. it would be a risk to WWE's merchendise sales but if they came up with a good way of turning him it could be the best thing to ever happen WWE. i and alot of other Cena haters would certainly start liking him more.

and Sheamus leading team WWE against Cena's team Nexus :D

you heard it here first:D

wwe-nxt-rookies.jpeg

WWE's own Chippendales :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

The only leader that I could respect is Sheamus. Especially after the "truce".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well if you want to throw in the hate of all hate then it would have to be Vicky...

On the other hand they could do a complete left sider and pull in Undertaker (as American Bad Boy) who got a personality change due to the knock out (never going to be the case but I can hope :( )

I'm guessing the leader will be revealed at SS and its someone from Cena's team so given the team I'd go with Edge, Jericho or Bret

I cant see them turning Cena heel at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Dougalicious

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm guessing the leader will be revealed at SS and its someone from Cena's team so given the team I'd go with Edge, Jericho or Bret

I cant see them turning Cena heel at all
    Cena would be the best choice and that he would be an amazing heel!! Remember EcW One Night Stand v RVD!! Best atmosphere since Rock v Austin 2001 and hasnt been seen since!!
    In all honesty I can see it being Bret as he could play the bret screwed Vince angle!! Also he really didnt take a beating from Nexus, only a very phony car crash!! Even better would be both Cena and Bret turn with Cena as Hogan and Bret as a Bischoff figure like in nWo!! U wud have to worry about Nexus's wrestling ability!! Danielson is badly needed!!bring him back now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

is anyone else sick of nexus?

isnt it about time the others besides barrett had singles matches or can they not wrestle on their own :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I liked that they built up Nexus this week. They had the clean sweep over the jobbers (and Evan Bourne sadly :(). Bet the leader will be Jericho or Tripster.

I'd love a Daniel Bryan run-in so much at SS.

Advertisement