Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transition year Off topic!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

padocon wrote: »
    Hows TY?? Miss the Jc forum :(
    TY's had it's moments but there's been times when I've felt like I'd give anything to be in 5th year.

I miss the JC forum too :-(. I kinda miss our late night chats into the wee hours of the morning. This has been the 1st time I've seen your name in ages :-(.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

ha ha yes the late night chats :) I know you have not seen my name because I am in 5th year there is an LC form (which I don't go on). It is hard to believe we have one third of the LC done!!! :) What is TY like? A doss?

ha ha yes the late night chats :) I know you have not seen my name because I am in 5th year there is an LC form (which I don't go on). It is hard to believe we have one third of the LC done!!! :) What is TY like? A doss?
    Ah it's not that bad, it's less of a doss than everyone actually thought it would be, surprise surprise. One minute we've got no work to do and all of a sudden we've got about 3 projects to be done. I've got a load of stuff to have done before we go back.:( I love our class though, we
    have our moments and practically every English class is spent nearly in tears with laughter.

So how's 5th year going for you?

5th year is better than the JC any way. I think. Its good we have so much fun in some classes, but everything is intense as you have each subject all most every day. Ya my friend was saying to me about all the work they seem to get all of a sudden. I was off a week before the Christmas holidays so I can't complain. Currently we are doing Hamlet, which I love! Think its different for yee next year, but I'm sure your not thinking that far a head. Do anything nice for Christmas?

Since the start of TY, I really don't think I've been thinking past next week. I can see myself falling flat on my face next year.

I've done hardly anything over Christmas except stuff myself with sweets and chocolate and examine presents. You?

• Advertisement

Yes I have been doing much the same over Christmas, ha ha. Do you do a lot of activities and trips in TY?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Dude couldn't agree more, Arcade Fire rule. :D

Hello there new guy. You sound like you've got good taste in music so you're seriously welcome here.

Also, yo padocon! It's been a while. (now leave, traitor)

I'm not in TY so thats why I have no been here, ha ha. Am I not allowed here because I'm not in TY :( Kicking me out all ready? ha

I'm not in TY so thats why I have no been here, ha ha. Am I not allowed here because I'm not in TY :( Kicking me out all ready? ha
    No stay!! If Colm's kicking you out, I'm leaving a window open!

We havn't really gone on many trips yet this year. I think we've only really been on our bonding day, an Irish play and carol singing.
    We've been doing a load of other stuff though: work experience, law module, driving day and we got to teach kids with disabilities p.e.

Oh ya, think our TY's do something the same. The burglary ha ha

• Advertisement

Oh ya, think our TY's do something the same. The burglary ha ha
    Don't forget the milkman!

Milk man?

Milk man?
    Yeah the milkman. Don't tell me you didn't hear the milkman story from DKZ (Was it DKZ?)!

Maybe I did? Refresh my memory ha ha. Where is DKZ? Where is every one?

Maybe I did? Refresh my memory ha ha. Where is DKZ? Where is every one?
    Well we got talking about our paranoia and he had this stort about waking up and seeing a white van outside his house so he went running into his parents. Turned out the van was the milkman's delivering milk to his house.:D

I dunno. Alot of people seem to have disappeared. Except Jack, Colm, deise and soccy and of course me (and you until recently :)). All of us spend most of our time in C&H.

No I don't remember that milkman story ha ha. No one else has posted here in ddays :eek: So different to last years 50 posts per day!

No I don't remember that milkman story ha ha. No one else has posted here in ddays :eek: So different to last years 50 posts per day!

I know, right? This place is practically a wasteland. C&H is where it's at.

BTW, happy new year to all the TYs in here (and guests)

Happy New Year Colm and everyone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭David086

Um, Hi? Lol I'm a newbie at the TY thread although I made the TY Trips. Is anyone here doing YSI?

Welcome :) Technically I'm not a TY.

• Advertisement

David086 wrote: »
    Um, Hi? Lol I'm a newbie at the TY thread although I made the TY Trips. Is anyone here doing YSI?
    We're doing YSI! I'm guessing you are?

We're doing YSI! I'm guessing you are?

Yeah, what you doing yours on?

YSI am ah What?

YSI am ah What?
    Young Social Innovators. We were meant to be doing that but had no good ideas.

David086 wrote: »
    Yeah, what you doing yours on?
    Disability Access in our school. What's your's on?

Disability Access in our school. What's your's on?

Breast Cancer, a TY group did it in our year 2 years ago and they came second so we're going to follow on with it.

We're going to be in such a rush trying to get stuff sorted out for ours in time to get the report written for March.

Same with us, we were planning on helping pensioners but we changed it to the breast cancer :eek:

well at least you have ideas. We gave up.

My mini-company isn't doing much better... we're selling shelves for lockers. bad idea :P although we're after coming up with a brilliant advertising campaign so people might actually buy them

• Advertisement

Colm! wrote: »
    well at least you have ideas. We gave up.

My mini-company isn't doing much better... we're selling shelves for lockers. bad idea :P although we're after coming up with a brilliant advertising campaign so people might actually buy them

Our mini-company is a loade of shíte. We never turn up for the class because we've always got something on lol. The thing isn't even up and running.

Advertisement