Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transition year Off topic!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

That's a coincidence. :)

Yeah, he told us about that last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

That's a coincidence. :)

Yeah, he told us about that last year.
    Ya, he does our school's 3rd year retreats every year.

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Ya, he does our school's 3rd year retreats every year.

He does the 3rd & 4th year retreats in mine. We have random organisations in/trips for the other years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Only Leaving Cert's get retreats here.:(

Only Leaving Cert's get retreats here.:(
    We don't do one in 2nd year. Every other year we do.

• Advertisement

We get one every year, afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

Jackobyte wrote: »
    What did you do for your retreat. For ours, we went here. It was amazing. :)

That guy came to our school!
    Deccy Browne, mad man for the drink so he was..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Who the hell decided to place us against former All-Ireland semi-finalists in the first round of a debating competition? Lost unanimously, we have to win the next three debates to qualify, I think :/

Colm! wrote: »
    Who the hell decided to place us against former All-Ireland semi-finalists in the first round of a debating competition? Lost unanimously, we have to win the next three debates to qualify, I think :/

Hard luck. :( Hopefully you'll win the next three debates then, not impossible though not an ideal situation to be in.

I have a lot of good news (I was on de radio, you know), but debating is serious. You haven't lived until you've proven yourself to be a master debater (I need to stop saying that)

• Advertisement

I have a lot of good news (I was on de radio, you know), but debating is serious. You haven't lived until you've proven yourself to be a master debater (I need to stop saying that)

I didn't, congrats. Okay, sorry Colm but do you not think you're putting a tiny bit more pressure on yourself than necessary? You're right, I think you need to stop saying that. :)

Not as good as Tallon who has used "master baiting" to describe how he drew enemies towards him in one one his COD video commentaries.

So....., how are we all enjoying the snow (if we have any that is)?

Have none, just coldness.

We've quite a bit, though other areas near us have more. I know someone who lives quite near me where the snow is almost up to her windowsill. School's cancelled. :D

We've about 5 inches or so and we havn't had school since Monday.:D It is startng to thaw though and a lot of it is just slush by now.:(

Found out earlier I've no school again tomorrow. I'm pleased 'cause I haven't written my English essay due tomorrow yet. :D Apparently there's a problem with the heating system so I doubt we'll be going back on Monday. We'll see.

I haven't actually had school properly for two weeks now: this week with the weather and the week before with UCC. (And of course, naturally, the only thing on my mind is the debating team, we've won our last one, were meant to be having another debate on Monday which has since been cancelled.)

I've been enjoying the week, I mean, Tuesday and Wednesday were awesome days filled with gratuitous amounts of fun, but nobody was out yesterday and I doubt anybody's doing anything today. Someone needs to open the schools! I want to talk to people again!

I haven't seen one person who I know, apart from my family, since the last day we had school (Monday). I need someone to talk to too!!!:(

It's kinda blizzard-like outside right now though with really really big snow flakes and it's erally pretty-ful.:)

I took waaay too many photos during this whole snow week. I'll have to post them up here. Winter photography. Damn awesome.

Although yeah. Please, end this weather soon, open the schools and clear the roads. I need to get to the O2 in Dublin to see Arcade Fire on Sunday... and this is NOT helping

• Advertisement

Colm: I read about your possible trouble getting to Arcade Fire in C&H: good luck and hopefully it will thaw a bit.
    Do post up some of your photos. :)

I haven't seen anyone since Tuesday. I live outside the village so the only way I can get there is by walking through the park which is now closed so I'm pretty isolated. I talked to two of my friends over the phone today so I'm fine, tbh. I'm using the time to do stuff I wouldn't normally have time to do and watching movies so I'm not bored yet.

I cannot say enough good things about Arcade Fire. Just... go to see them. It was good. Just don't be like the people in front of me who were wasting time taking photos and posting them on Twitter when they were AT THE FRONT ROW IN A CONCERT. If you're going to take the front, use it. [/rant]

But yeah, the music is great. I mean, awesome.

I cannot say enough good things about Arcade Fire. Just... go to see them. It was good. Just don't be like the people in front of me who were wasting time taking photos and posting them on Twitter when they were AT THE FRONT ROW IN A CONCERT. If you're going to take the front, use it. [/rant]

Glad to hear that you managed to get there.:)

I think I'm slowly turning green with envy of you.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

Tiz cold...

My school didn't close at all. We did only have an inch of snow in the entire cold snap though...

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lucyxxx

How the hell was I meant to remember that? Seriously?! :D

Deadly, what for?

I get to go to the RDS on Monday, Trinity College on Friday and possibly (depending on whether or not I get a place) the Royal College of Surgeons (RCSI) for a week. I really hope I get a place!

Wandering Soul, did you get into RCSI?

Happy Christmas everyone! :)

Yo. dudes. It's Christmas. You better be enjoying yourselves and not wasting time on Boards.

Ahh, who am I kidding? How's it going, lads?

Yo. dudes. It's Christmas. You better be enjoying yourselves and not wasting time on Boards.

Ahh, who am I kidding? How's it going, lads?
    I knew there was somewhere else I meant to say happy Christmas! So.... Happy Christmas. Hope everyone had an amazing time an dgot loads of lovely presents.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 CornWallises38

Dude couldn't agree more, Arcade Fire rule. :D

Weird to see everyone discussing the five inches of snow in their gardens, how their missing weeks of school etc.

Galway has had NO snow over the past few weeks. I haven't missed a single day of school! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Hows TY?? Miss the Jc forum :(

Advertisement