Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awful Polish Food

Options
  • 15-07-2010 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭

I went into a polish shop the other day and i was in a random mood so i bought loads off food and drink and it tasted like **** ! Hopefully nobody will call me racist or anything what i want to know is 1) Do they feel the same way about our food,and 2) What country eats the worst food ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Perhaps you didn't cook it properly?

Did you RTFM ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

MiciG91 wrote: »
    I went into a polish shop the other day and i was in a random mood so i bought loads off food and drink and it tasted like **** ! Hopefully nobody will call me racist or anything what i want to know is 1) Do they feel the same way about our food,and 2) What country eats the worst food ?

Polish food is pretty bland on the whole racist :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

Well swan is a complicated dish to cook- did you grill it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭The Express

Judging by the fit bodies of Polish women, I'd say there's nowt wrong with a bit of sardine flavoured cabbage or whatever it is they eat.

Irish women, put down your frozen ready meal and take note :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

More racism. just coz their food ain't nice doesn't mean they're bad people.

• Advertisement

Agreed why compare the fitness of Irish women's bodies to that of Poles?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Did you honestly expect to go into a Polish shop and come out with something you really liked. Different country, different tastes.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

OP could you be more specific what you bought? Most countries have their own particular tastes. For example Ive eaten a salty kind of liqourice from Sweden before and thought it was awful yet a friend of mine was going nuts over it because he used to eat it as a kid. "worst food" is subjective, Its what your used to I guess.

unknown13 wrote: »
    Did you honestly expect to go into a Polish shop and come out with something you really liked. Different country, different tastes.

No doubt about that - they like their chicks hard and fit we like them fat and ugly LOL :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

the salty ice-cream in finland is as you expect :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Off-topic, but I hate when the word "random" is used like that :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

Well swan is a complicated dish to cook- did you grill it?
    Do they eat swan in Poland?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

rossie1977 wrote: »
    the salty ice-cream in finland is as you expect :(

What is it with those nordic countries putting salt in their sweets? :confused:

StereoLove wrote: »

only in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

not liking the food of a country is not racist
    but yeah i found their food horrible

agreed just cos their food is sh1t doesn't mean they are - anyone tried irish stew on foreigners?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

sligopark wrote: »
    anyone tried irish stew on foreigners?

No, just on plates.

Is it some sort of cannibal dish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

i couldnt knock it when i was there....was in touristy spots though, so all the swans were already gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭storm2811

Agreed,it's nasty,especially the meat.

Apart from the mayonnaise,it's actually really nice and this kind of seasoning thing,don't know what it is but I put it on loads of stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

You can't beat a breakfast roll, beats their swan and rollmop, or whatever its called, any day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

polish biscuits, ice creams and drinks are ****ed up too

there's this grappa **** that's all sorts of bright colours, blue, purple... it just tastes so ****ed up but somehow you'll keep drinking a glass of it every now and again

• Registered Users Posts: 14,965 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

There's lots of sh*t food everywhere. What we find delightful folk from other countries don't like at all, different regions are raised with different palettes.

In Ireland for example we have way too much sugar in most of our foods whereas on continental Europe they prefer lots of salt!

As bizarre as it may seem folk from Eastern Europe find vinegar on chips absolutely awful and have no idea why we like it so much. It's also the same in regards to chips in sandwiches- they just don't understand why!

No they don't. It's a silly stereotype that was stirred up when Polish immigrants came to Ireland and the UK a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

They eat Dog in the Far East, so it is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

What is it with those nordic countries putting salt in their sweets? :confused:

Have you seen the amount of snow and ice they get? FFS, they have to salt and grit everything, to stop the bastiding things from sliding all around the place!

OP, you're not "random."

You bought something different, are not accustomed to it, so of course it tastes different. Christ, if I buy menthol cigarettes, instead of my normal B&H, is that random? No.

Seriously though, have you looked at Irish "cuisine"? Stew. To be honest, its boiled to within an inch of evaporation, and slopped onto your plate. I only eat it occasionally, I think its a bit bleh. Although for some reason, it DOES taste better a day or 2 after it has been cooked. Ya'know, just before it goes off, and give you food poisoning.

Coddle? No thanks.
    And a friend just loves his sausage casserole. No idea if this is actually an Irish invention, but ick.

Oh and Billyface ham(and I use that description loosely) YUCK! Actually, that goes for all processed meat roll things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

I've been to Poland a few times and have to say I though the food was very good. But perhaps it was because I knew some locals who advised me on where to go and what to eat. At least they have a cuisine, which is more than we have. :(
    Though I have tried a couple of processed things in some of their shops here and granted they are pretty much muck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

No they don't. It's a silly stereotype that was stirred up when Polish immigrants came to Ireland and the UK a few years back.

.... and started to kill and eat swans?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭php-fox

Yeah, give us a plate of good old chips and add some ketchup so they won't be as tastless and oily.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,693 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

unknown13 wrote: »
    even in the same country im back 2 years now and still have trouble wrapping my head around this ****:

:eek::eek::confused::confused::(:(:eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

went to poland. food was rotten .no kecup on big mac rotten chese on it as well. had soup was very bland:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:never again eat polish food but the people were all right

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement